Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott

Feb 12, 2020, 1:13 PM

So I saw on here yesterday someone posted the article of the house the Jeff Scott just bought in Tampa. Coincidentally, his new place is about a mile and a half from mine. We live in the same community of neighborhoods. (a large disparity in the types of homes in the area, obviously. His place is 10 times mine. That is, besides the point here).

I'm thinking of writing him a letter 'welcoming him to the neighborhood' and to congratulate him on his new path and to wish him the best, and to say how much I appreciate all he did for the Tigers and how the way he exited was gracious and admirable.

What say you -- Good idea or is this weird? Don't want to come off as a creep, if ya know what I mean.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that's a bit creepy. The best idea is for you to

Feb 12, 2020, 1:15 PM

show up at his front door with some baked goodies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Jeff Scott

Feb 12, 2020, 1:16 PM

I say just take a fruit basket over and ring the doorbell and tell Sara and Jeff howdy from all of us! Ought to go just fine.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 1:31 PM

I say just take a fruit basket over and ring the doorbell and tell Sara and Jeff howdy from all of us! Ought to go just fine.

I say go to the door wearing dark glasses with a tin cup in your hand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it... it was... Soap poisoning..***

Feb 12, 2020, 2:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure he'd greatly appreciate the welcome & letter!***

Feb 12, 2020, 1:17 PM

Feb 12, 2020, 1:18 PM

Bring a housewarming gift & give them the scoop on the best local meat-n-threes. That’s what you’d do if he had just moved to Clemson, anyway. Very cool!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Feb 12, 2020, 1:20 PM

I think you should carve his profile out of soap and mount it to a 8x10 piece of Styrofoam. That way when you give it to him, you can tell him he can take it in the tub when he bathes and look at it because it will float! :) :) :)

Feb 12, 2020, 1:30 PM

I love it!

Soap on a rope, box of chocolates and a dozen red roses. Then ask him to come over and eat one night.

Although as posted below, pebbles and a boombox works too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 1:24 PM

Throw pebbles at his bedroom window and hold a boombox over your head....He will love it...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 12, 2020, 8:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott- you think something is a little creepy then

Feb 12, 2020, 1:26 PM

you see the responses here and they show you what creepy really is. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 1:28 PM

He got such a great deal on that house!

I'm back in the Carolinas now, but I was in that part of Tampa a lot over the last 12 years. Not the best part of Tampa, but as much space as he has around him, that doesn't matter.

I hope he does really well there. Not sure if they still have family down in Arcadia, but he probably feels like he's in familiar territory down there.

Feb 12, 2020, 1:29 PM

Try driving slowly past his house repeatedly late at night until he notices.

When he opens the front door, jump out of your car and run up to him to give him a proper welcome.

Going to a Meet & Greet with him tonight before the

Feb 12, 2020, 1:32 PM

basketball game.

My wife - a USF Grad - is wearing her Meineke Car Care Bowl shirt . . . .

I'm wearing my Clemson onesie.

Want me to take your plate of cookies to him with your letter ? It should go just fine . . . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Great event last night

Feb 13, 2020, 9:54 AM

This upload brought to you by Spud, Inc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

if you go and welcome Scott and his family to the

Feb 12, 2020, 1:35 PM

neighborhood, I'd wear Clemson gear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’ll see the Clemson flag you have on the front of your

Feb 12, 2020, 1:55 PM

house and stop over to say hi, when the time is right.

You do have a Clemson flag in front of your house, don’t you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 12, 2020, 2:18 PM

Plant a palmetto tree in his front yard in the dead of night, then nail your letter to it. So he finds it.

Look at Me I'm Rich

Feb 12, 2020, 2:52 PM

;)

and yes that is creepy. Welcoming a next door neighbor is okay, welcoming a famous person that lives in your town is creepy.

Feb 12, 2020, 3:25 PM

Rent a van, park outside of his house, and offer his children candy.

I've heard that's the best way to greet a new neighbor.

Thanks!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds friendly to me. He should appreciate it.***

Feb 12, 2020, 4:06 PM

Feb 12, 2020, 5:34 PM

What ever happened to calling a florist and having a Welcome Bouquet sent over?

Write it...

Feb 12, 2020, 5:45 PM

And I’ll let you know the facial expression he makes when he reads it. Unless he reads it in a closet, but I doubt he’ll do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Lucky for you,

Feb 12, 2020, 7:12 PM

I have the closet covered.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic