Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jayeln Lay and Bryton Constantin were 3-star, now 4-star
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Jayeln Lay and Bryton Constantin were 3-star, now 4-star

Jun 24, 2018, 10:25 AM

Did they suddenly become better players?

Or were they perhaps better players all along??

We have at least four other verbal recruits poised to make the same sort of move from 3-star to 4-star and one with a chance to move from 4 to 5-star.

If those guys get a boost in their "star rating" will that actually increase the quality of our class?

Can we win more games with those guys as 4-stars than we could when they were 3-stars?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jayeln Lay and Bryton Constantin were 3-star, now 4-star

Jun 24, 2018, 10:40 AM

Time for all coots to shut-up about our 3* recruits, before they open their mouths and remove all doubt!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Constantin is still under ranked..

Jun 24, 2018, 10:58 AM

Rivals has him as 5.8 and 225 overall... 247 has him 195 overall. He was just invited to the 5* star challenge, along with Lay. Constantin will end up a top 150 guy by rankings end.

Also, Logan Cash moved to a 5.7 on Rivals from a 5.6... That kid is relentless, plays with a high motor, has a knack for the ball and plays in GA at 7A competition. He led the state of GA last year in sacks and he's a 3*? No... he'll definitely be a 4* by rankings end too. As will Tyquan Johnson most likely as well.

Ruke is a 5.6 and there is only 1 year of film on him. Rivals analyst all but said that's why he is ranked so low... He'll find his way to 4* status as well.

So this 'down class' everyone keeps talking about will probably find at least 3 more supposed 3*, picking up a 4*.

And we'll most likely add commits from Booth, Ngata and Bentley at the AIC.. Booth will get his 5* along w Ladson by rankings end. That will give us 2 5* along with 10 4*.. Plus the big name surprise or 2 we add every year. Down my a$$.

Re: And Constantin is still under ranked..

Jun 24, 2018, 11:11 AM

I have been one of the ones complaining about a down class but this post is actually really good and makes me feel a little better but we still have a large number of players I would consider projects at best.

Cash was bumped to a 5.7 but I doubt he goes any higher. For a high school prospect he plays with amazing technique on film. However, he’s 6’3” 270 and doesn’t have a natural position which doesn’t bode well for stars. Hoping he’s the next Grady Jarrett but we beat out schools like Charlotte, GT, Syracuse, and Michigan state.

Ruke and Williams have high althletic ceilings but very little technique. Either way again we aren’t exactly recruiting amongst the powers.

I do think Ladson gets his 5th and think we land Booth to get 2 guys. I guess my biggest thing is guys we missed on I thought we led for.

Cash will be a 4*... mark my words.

Jun 24, 2018, 11:31 AM

You don't lead the state of GA in sacks at 7A with out being a baller. 6'3 270 with a quick first step is Shaq Lawsons size while at Clemson.. Not sure how he doesn't have a natural position. Does he most likely grow into a DT? Yes, but who's to say he can't and won't still be a stud at 6'3, 290.

Williams is raw but he's like Phommachanh.. He doesn't have to come in polished and play day one. As CDS has said many a times, "they don't all come ready off the shelf like Sammy." We have depth and Venables offered him at camp. Why doubt Venables after he saw him in person?! Trust our coaches. They haven't lead us to back to back to back CFP's.. It's not like they know what they are doing. And Ruke is going to a 4* and an animal.. he's a beast already.. just think what coaching and a college weight and nutrition plan will do for him. Again, trust the coaches and step away from the ledge.

Only complaint is OL and you still won't hear me complain because that still has a chance to be solid... If we can land Hornibrooke and Moore to go along with Rayburn, that's 3 very solid prospects.. We take one developmental guy like Dawson or Reese and hope to land one big fish like Wright, Webb or Dobbs. Our OL has been pretty strong of late is mostly comprised of 3*.. And we have some good RS'ed talent in Bockhorst, Dehond and Vinson. Now if we miss on Hornibrooke and Moore, we won't be in a good spot.

But seriously.... step away from the ledge.

Re: Cash will be a 4*... mark my words.

Jun 24, 2018, 12:03 PM

There’s no way on Earth that Logan Cash is a 3 star. Kid is an absolute baller.

He is one great looking recruit *

Jun 24, 2018, 12:21 PM

Nm

Learn to chill

Jun 24, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: And Constantin is still under ranked.. ]

This is why everyone needs to listen to those that say trust the coaches.

Here's how the class ends up assuming we get 25 players (likely more)

PWalk On- 3

3*-6 +/-5
4*-16 +/-5
5*-3 +/-3

Not bad numbers. I'm sure even Bama takes some 3's. I'm less worried about stars than I am filling needs. I want to see 2 full grown DT's and a good CB or two.

Cash might fit well as DE in 3-4 alignment***

Jun 24, 2018, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: And Constantin is still under ranked.. ]

u

Jun 24, 2018, 11:00 AM

I believe what this shows is the extreme amount of respect that the recruiting ranking services have for the Clemson coaching staff. If Dabo thinks they are good, they must be good.

^This^

Jun 24, 2018, 11:13 AM

And it happens every year in the summer and fall. Recruiting services know that when a guy that they have as a 3* ends up with 20+ offers from Power 5 schools, they've missed the boat. This used to infuriate me years ago because Bama's class would rise in the rankings just because their commits magically got another star or 2. Now, we get some of that love.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2018, 11:12 AM

https://goo.gl/images/QK4EWF

Jun 24, 2018, 11:59 AM

Look , the narrative is that we're getting soft and weak by accepting 3 star kids all the sudden .
Stick to the narrative .

No way do Dabenables know recruiting .

It's over .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 24, 2018, 12:57 PM

On Paper, yes it will, a bunch!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2018, 1:25 PM

not sure about the quality being increased,but hopefully it'll reduce the stress on those freaking out about taking 3 *** commitments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree, Apex, the "rating system" is screwy

Jun 24, 2018, 1:27 PM

and doesn't make tackles or score touchdowns. Talent is usually identifiable by the offer list. And Clemson's coaching staff can certainly develop highly paid NFL-level talent....looks like the fun's gonna continue for a number of years

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We offered them and they committed.

Jun 24, 2018, 3:15 PM

That alone is worth another star.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic