Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good old Jared and Ivanka......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Good old Jared and Ivanka......

Jan 15, 2021, 8:38 AM

I’m usually the first to treat stories like this with a skeptical eye, but I have no trouble believing this one. It sounds just like these two.

Honestly, I think that if you’re examining the biggest obstacles to Trump’s success as President, coming in a very close 2nd to his ego was having Jared and Ivanka whispering in his ear at every turn. I think Jared probably kept a lot of qualified people out of the cabinet and other appointed positions, because just like an insecure manager in the workplace, he feared competence, and when someone showed too much, just like the snake character in Disney’s Robin Hood, he’d plant a few seeds in Trump’s easily influenced head and have them sacked.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/politics/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-bathroom-secret-service/index.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, I don't want a bunch of people ######## in my

Jan 15, 2021, 8:41 AM

toilet either

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: To be fair, I don't want a bunch of people ######## in my

Jan 15, 2021, 8:45 AM

Is that close to accurate?

https://images.app.goo.gl/GSmCbGthP5K3eDZy8

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I DO like the armrests...***

Jan 15, 2021, 8:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I DO like the armrests...***

Jan 15, 2021, 8:49 AM

Makes it way classier.

Re: To be fair, I don't want a bunch of people ######## in my

Jan 15, 2021, 10:57 AM [ in reply to To be fair, I don't want a bunch of people ######## in my ]

Well, their apartment had 6 bathrooms in it.

Jared and Ivanka's involvement in the administration is

Jan 15, 2021, 8:47 AM

why no one center left or beyond takes the Hunter Biden stuff seriously, whatever merits there may be there. The bar has never been lower for improving on a previous administration.

There’s a lot to choose from,

Jan 15, 2021, 8:52 AM

But the nepotism there has probably bothered me more than anything else over the course of the entire 4 years. They weren’t qualified to be where they were, period. Ideologically, they were also extremely liberal, and are a big part of why people like Bannon got sacked so quickly (and yes I realize many of you view that as a silver lining).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This feels like the series finale where all of the departed

Jan 15, 2021, 8:56 AM

cast come back in some sort of montage. I fully expect Jeff Sessions to be on Air Force 1 before next Wednesday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-steve-bannon-reunion-talking-again-2021-1

That's because Bannon has been pushing Q theories

Jan 15, 2021, 8:58 AM

like crazy the last couple of Months.

Trump wanting to get on his War Room train

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Javanka's ideologically promiscuous.

Jan 15, 2021, 9:08 AM [ in reply to There’s a lot to choose from, ]

Their politics are consistent with whoever's in their proximity at the moment. Their only concerns are themselves and wealth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Javanka's ideologically promiscuous.

Jan 15, 2021, 9:29 AM

I know. I certainly personally would not describe some of the narcissistic entitled blue-blooded Trust Fund Baby stuff I've heard coming out of Kushner's mouth as "liberal".

His crime bill was pretty liberal...but he was also trying to get his felon father cleared. Maybe empathy originates from having it happen to you; I've heard that theory. But you can very much tell Jared believed his dad was entitled to all that money he bilked from people, Jared was entitled to that life of privilege he'd always lived, and he and Ivanka dipped their toes into just enough trendy causes to keep themselves in the good graces of the New York social scene. But they were and are aristocrats to the bone, both of them, and that's sort of the hallmark trait of far-right types.

Jan 15, 2021, 11:01 AM

Q,

It always amazes me how so many working-class people ever thought that these millionaires understood their problems or gave a ratzass about them.

Jan 15, 2021, 11:10 AM

I really am starting towards the notion that overcoming the social stratification created by generational wealth may be our biggest problem going forwards. This little bio Vox did on Tucker Carlson sort of cements the view of "what is wrong with the Republican party and maybe the country" right now.

https://www.vox.com/videos/2019/4/3/18294392/tucker-carlson-pretends-hate-elites-populism-false-consciousness

Jan 15, 2021, 8:19 PM

Q,

I agree. The oligarchy loves it when the working classes are fighting among themselves.

So do you favor an inheritance tax for the uber-wealthy ? Or a wealth tax ? How would you reduce the passing on of generational wealth ?

Jan 15, 2021, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Javanka's ideologically promiscuous. ]

100% of the Trustafarians infesting the North Shore of Kauai are liberals.
100%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 15, 2021, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Javanka's ideologically promiscuous. ]

They are just like dad - it's all about me !

The grain of salt in this article is this line

Jan 15, 2021, 9:02 AM

"this person neglected to say whether that was at the request of the Kushners or due to Secret Service protocol"

But I do not doubt they are scum of the earth as human beings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

And I'm sure the Secret Service absolutely hated access

Jan 15, 2021, 9:08 AM

to a private studio apartment in Jared Kushner's neighborhood for hookers and blow office and bathroom space.

Re: The grain of salt in this article is this line

Jan 15, 2021, 10:15 AM [ in reply to The grain of salt in this article is this line ]

this was debunked by the Secret Service themselves

Jan 15, 2021, 9:11 AM

you got caught in the trap.

It was the outrage of the hour last night on Twitter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair enough....doesn't change my mind that J&I were

Jan 15, 2021, 1:53 PM

far more of a problem than a solution hovering around the White House.

Re: Good old Jared and Ivanka......

Jan 15, 2021, 10:10 AM

Jan 15, 2021, 10:17 AM

Yeesh.

They look like they're waiting for darkness to descend...and then the mortals will pay for their insolence.

Can you invoke the 25th over vampirism?

Deleted scene from "The Shining"***

Jan 15, 2021, 10:20 AM

Jan 15, 2021, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Good old Jared and Ivanka...... ]

It is like the main character in American Physcho married a female version of himself. That marriage must be fascinating.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But Obama!

Jan 15, 2021, 10:18 AM

I dunno. Figured that's coming eventually.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I don’t think that’s unreasonable. It’s their home,

Jan 15, 2021, 10:32 AM

I wouldn’t want others coming into my home, or coming in to use the restroom. This seems reasonable to me.

Jan 15, 2021, 10:55 AM

Who the hell cares? I mean seriously.....

I’ve never really been a fan of kushner, but you have to give him credit for his roles in the many Middle East peace deals that were brokered.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think that's pretty standard. I could be wrong, but

Jan 15, 2021, 11:14 AM

I've never imagined that the Secret Service hung out in the houses with the people they protect (like going to the bathroom, checking for something to nibble on from the fridge, etc.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They had an entire room off the kitchen at the Shah's place.

Jan 15, 2021, 7:22 PM

Greenwich, CT not too long after the abdication...

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic