Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
January 9, 2017 - My confession
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

January 9, 2017 - My confession

Jan 17, 2019, 9:48 PM

Folks,

I have a confession to make regarding January 9, 2017.

I was out of town for work that week and that Monday evening the only place to watch the game was at an Outback Steakhouse in the small town of Troy, Ohio. At 10pm they closed their doors and so off i went to my hotel room to catch the rest of the game.

Two things were against me, I was whooped from a long day of travel, i was recovering from a head cold and so during the game I fell asleeep with the TV on. I woke up early in the morning and there was ESPN showing highlights as the game was long over by several hours, I never went back to sleep and there were several dozen missed texts and calls from my friends and family.

In shame I did not admit to them i had missed what i still feel is the greatest Clemson moment that I can remember in my lifetime so far. So 2 years later I have yet to see anything more than highlights of the second half and the Renfrow catch.

Tonight I found the full game on Youtube and watched it for the first time in it’s entirety. And there was some confetti and some onion cutting as I sat in my chair. With the recent game fresh in mind, how blessed I feel to be alive during this amazing time.

I don’t remember who said it but there is a quote that says “God gave us a memory so we could have roses in December”. As coach Swinney says ‘the best is yet to come’, and I believe this. However, isn’t it great how many memories we have already been given that we can reflect upon even when the best may eventially be in the past till another day breaks.

Isn’t it great to be a Tiger fan every hour, every minute, and every second, of every day!

Nite Ya’ll

TL/DR - Go Tigers...??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: January 9, 2017 - My confession

Jan 17, 2019, 10:02 PM

Sorry you had to miss the most exciting two minutes in football history, but I'm glad you finally had a chance to see how beautifully everything came together for our Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had my first experience with those emotions

Jan 18, 2019, 6:10 AM

in January 1982.

Fast forward all these years, and now I can say I've lived to witness two more triumphs.

And you know what? It's not really just about our football success. It's the honor and recognition that my beloved Alma Mater...Little, ole Clemson, as Dabo says...has received that has brought tears to my eyes, also.

Clemson was my home for four years. It gave me the chance to recognize and development my talents, while understanding a sense of community and brotherhood, It sent me alone into the world ready to accept any and all challenges, and for all those reasons, I will remain deeply grateful the rest of my days and revel in Clemson's successes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic