Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jamyest Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Jamyest Williams

Jul 8, 2016, 11:18 PM

So 247sports crystal ball has him all of a sudden trending to the coots! What the heck happened?! Did I miss something?!

http://clemson.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/TargetPredictions

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jamyest Williams

Jul 8, 2016, 11:22 PM

I just saw the same thing and you beat me here. Did they fire their coach and replace all of their players..and get good all of a sudden. Didn't smell that coming.

Jul 8, 2016, 11:23 PM

I noticed that as well. It's kinda strange we start trending for AJ Terrell then all of a sudden Shaw starts to trend to UNC and J. Williams start to trend to the coots. Maybe AJ is the only take now?

Jul 8, 2016, 11:26 PM

I'm really hoping for both Jamyest Williams and AJ Terrell. I'd really hate to miss out on Jamyest though because he's favored us for a couple years now

Terrell

Jul 9, 2016, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Jamyest Williams ]

would be a much better pick up.

Not even close.

Jul 8, 2016, 11:25 PM

I just read something about that also. I have no idea

No big deal, really.

Jul 9, 2016, 11:59 AM

Honestly...

no big deal on getting Williams, Terrell would be a much bigger get.

Jul 8, 2016, 11:26 PM

Looks like Clemson is only taking one CB and one Safety.
Coaches going all in on AJ Terrell and CJ Avery is the safety they want. Include LeAnthony Williams and that round outs our DB class

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 8, 2016, 11:29 PM

Man even though it's too late, I'd take Jamyest over LeAnthony. I really think they're making a huge mistake not fitting Jamyest in this class though

Jul 9, 2016, 12:52 AM

LeAnthony is a tiger so take that chaw out of your mouth

Don't start talk about how you don't appreciate a talent as good as him AFTER he's pledged he's all in

We owe him more respect than to pretend he's a trading card in a deck to be upgraded

Jul 9, 2016, 12:57 AM

Yes he has great size and skill we are lucky to have him. Him along side AJ are two pros in the future IMO. Gonna be scary!

Jul 9, 2016, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Jamyest Williams ]

Clearly I said it was too late because he's commuted and he's obviously talented. I stated my opinion as to which I'd rather have between the two...

Look again

Jul 8, 2016, 11:29 PM

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jamyest-Williams-at-Grayson-176279/CurrentExpertPredictions

Re: Look again

Jul 8, 2016, 11:32 PM

Most of those UGA predictions are old though. the coots got 20% already and they weren't even relevant in this race until today

Jul 8, 2016, 11:34 PM

LOL hes not going to South Carolina...

More than likely UGA if we are taking one corner...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Someone heard something at the Nike Camp.

Jul 8, 2016, 11:36 PM

We'll see

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Someone heard something at the Nike Camp.

Jul 8, 2016, 11:49 PM

Yea something might be up here...

Certainly he doesn't ease over to UGA with DeAngelo Gibbs, his high school teammate, slotted to go to UGA as well, right?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 8, 2016, 11:52 PM

Simmons from 247 thinks Jamyest is a silent commit to the coots. We'll see, silent commits don't seem to mean much lately.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:03 AM

We will see...

You think that the staff is having a hard time recruiting great secondary guys?

Jul 9, 2016, 12:08 AM

No. They just love AJ Terrell.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:15 AM

Can't we just take em both. I hate to see the colts get a good player even if we pass on him.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:16 AM

I've been hearing Clemson was only taking one more CB and one Safety.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:27 AM

Do you believe AJ is the best corner on our board? Idk much about him and as I like Jaymest he does seem to have an attitude and may not be the best fit for our program. This is outside looking in and I don't want to judge a book by its cover just what I see is all I can go on.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:31 AM

Yes. 100% AJ is on top of our board.

They want a CB with length.

TBH I think Jamyest just likes Scar.

Hats off to them if they land him.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:34 AM

Yes he is a great player and good for them. I have not watched AJs highlights I need to. If BV has him atop than I believe he is goin to be special. Is it true about Malik? I thought we were sitting good? What about Jordan he seems to really like our coaches I think he is a Clemson man.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:37 AM

I'd be shocked if Williams doesn't come here. He looks great at the Nike Camp.

Herring looks lie UGA

Jul 9, 2016, 12:39 AM

What kind of shape are we in to land Terrell????

Jul 9, 2016, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Someone heard something at the Nike Camp. ]

Great! Thanks for the info. Do we go after another DE if so are we looking good on anybody's list? Jordan is going to be the next great IMO. We have a new one every year haha DEU

Jul 9, 2016, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Someone heard something at the Nike Camp. ]

I believe CJ is our Saftey I sure hope so. I would take him over Devon I like the way the young man carries himself.

He is already going to the league? Who did Peyton Manning

Jul 9, 2016, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone heard something at the Nike Camp. ]

Make that happen ?

Re: He is already going to the league? Who did Peyton Manning

Jul 9, 2016, 4:19 PM

I bet Troy, App State, SC State, and North Greenville will be glad when Muschamp does bring in elite talent and lays off their recruits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2016, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Someone heard something at the Nike Camp. ]

Fair enough...

I see a few battles going on with UGA over some serious coveted recruits coming up...Malik has me concerned

Jul 9, 2016, 12:28 AM

UGA gets Herring if they want him.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone heard something at the Nike Camp. ]

Ha at the notion the Will Muschamp wants a actually relevant commit to his program stay silent. As opposed to openly committing during this stage in this recruiting game where traction,legitimacy and momentum could be gained.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jul 9, 2016, 12:31 PM

THat'd be 2 #### homers& an FSU homer making those

Jul 8, 2016, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Look again ]

predictions.He'll most likely wind up at UGA with Gibbs. As good as he is,BV will still go after taller CB's when available.

Re: THat'd be 2 #### homers& an FSU homer making those

Jul 8, 2016, 11:40 PM

And I am fine with that....

You make an exception on McKenzie's height simply because of his skill set and speed...which is much better than Jaymest....

Jul 9, 2016, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Look again ]

Ryan Bartow 7 of 10 is on the money, and I'll go with his pick every time when he is 80%. Ryan Bartow = 2017 Stats Accuracy: (88.89 %) 112 out of 126....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2016, 11:33 PM

So he wants to get abused by Tee and Amari on an annual basis

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

If he doesn't want to ever win anything thats his choice....

Jul 9, 2016, 12:28 AM

All I know is he is going to have a heck of a time covering Tee if thats the case but you also have to remember that his recruitment has changed leads a few times and it hasn't even got cut throat yet. Plus some kids like a coach that yells and cusses at them when they mess up....

I would be disappointed if we let Jameyst go to Scar

Jul 9, 2016, 6:48 AM

He is the most technically sound and athletic corner in the class of 2017. If he were a few inches taller he would be a consensus 5 star and top 10 overall prospect. He was all defensive MVP last year at the opening and is consistently named the alpha dog at all the major recruit camps. We have a bigger need at secondary than any other position and only taking two corners and one safety seems odd, esp when so much top talent in those positions are high on us this recruiting cycle.

Re: I would be disappointed if we let Jameyst go to Scar

Jul 9, 2016, 11:03 AM

Yeah I'd question this if I thought it was likely. Jamyest is a good prospect - can't let USC get traction.

Jul 9, 2016, 11:52 AM

This is where taking projects like Trapp and Dawkins Jr gets you in big trouble. We're having to turn away 4 stars due to numbers because we won't play it the SEC way and oversign.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:06 PM

> This is where taking projects like Trapp and Dawkins
> Jr gets you in big trouble. We're having to turn away
> 4 stars due to numbers because we won't play it the
> SEC way and oversign.

Big trouble??? Get over yourself. We have plenty of 4* talent at CB to man two spots.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:14 PM

You need to be at least 5-deep at corner. Injuries happen there frequently and we like to play in dime defenses.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:17 PM

We'll have more than that when we take 2 corners this cycle.

Jul 11, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I would be disappointed if we let Jameyst go to Scar ]

sending top recruits down I20 is big trouble to me. it's pretty cut and dry that we have a few scholarships stuck to certain DBs. I understand it's the way we run the program, just tough when we are passing on players like Jameyst

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2016, 11:41 AM

We've turned up the heat on Terrell and Avery, but we definitely aren't passing on Jamyest.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I would be disappointed if we let Jameyst go to Scar ]

I really hope Dawkins ends up starting because of this but most likely you are right. It could hurt.

Jul 9, 2016, 11:57 AM

Going get bashed for this but......

But for me, wouldn't be that big if a deal. Would muchhh rather get Aj Terrell.

Just saying,

So would BV

Jul 9, 2016, 12:29 PM

As to the idiot above whining about rap and Dawkins. S T F U. Fore every Legacy project this staff takes 2-3 four stars are attracted to Clemson because they see Clemson FAMILY is a reality.

Bookmark this. Trap will contribute and Dawakins will at least make the 2 deep before he leaves.

I remember people whining about TJ when recruited, and BJ along with Dodd before they hit the next gear.

Re: So would BV

Jul 9, 2016, 2:08 PM

Thank you!

Jul 9, 2016, 12:40 PM

Jamyest Williams may be the best CB ever, but it would be hard for me to take a 5'9" corner, when today's WRs are 6'4"-6'6". He may be able to stick like glue, but a well-thrown ball to a 6'5" WR would leave him looking like a chump - particularly on the fade route. Can you imagine him trying to consistently defend a 6'5" Tee Higgins or 6'4" Mike Williams, both of whom can jump and high point the ball - even make one-handed circus catches? Short CBs who can stick to the receiver usually make their name off of QBs who don't throw well or have lousy OLs that lead to poor throws.

I'd surely hate to lose a NC on a corner fade over a 5'9" defender. He could play well all season, but if that one play happened, everyone in the world of football would be asking the same question - "Why was he on the field in that situation?"

I'll let Dabo make the choice and congratulate them both if it works out - but if that one play ever happens, I'll be the first to wonder what he was thinking.

Jul 9, 2016, 12:44 PM

We might not end signing him but it's obvious muschamp can recruit well and we will eventually start bringing in these type of kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

"Its obvious Muffcramp can recruit well." ????Really????

Jul 9, 2016, 1:08 PM

How long before you guys start saying what ya said last time; "Slurrier takes 3* recruits and turns them in to 5* players." You gonna say that about Musscoot next? Did he do well with Auburn's talent last year? And how well do you think he'll do with that dumpster fire talent this year? This is the same coach that lost a home game to Missouri 42-13.

Dream on. Stick to wimmens basketball. You'll be less disappointed.

"That's way different than what's going on down in Columbia. They are offering everybody and anybody, it doesn't matter. The coaches down in Florida have a saying, make sure your kid as a pulse and Boom will offer."

Jul 9, 2016, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Jamyest Williams ]

You can recruit whoever the hell you want, but signing them is what matters.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Meh.

Jul 9, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Jamyest Williams ]

SCar was the first to offer Jamyest by the previous staff. He's always had an interest. TRob doing a good job here. He was never that high on UGA.

Jul 9, 2016, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Jamyest Williams ]

How is it obvious? UF recruits itself. He has proven nothing.

you have 1-4 star recruit out of 16

Jul 9, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Jamyest Williams ]

Dabo's first class had 5-4 star recruits out of 12 and every class has gotten better. Boom's 2nd class will not be as good as his first class

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The won't keep him long

Jul 9, 2016, 6:58 PM

Seems Tennessee is now back recruiting Shi Smith

Jul 9, 2016, 12:49 PM

I heard Paul Strelow on Mickey a few weeks ago that the staff was kind of getting impatient with him on his commitment

Let's Ask Chase Brice:

Jul 9, 2016, 7:15 PM

https://twitter.com/CBrice_2/status/751835668758798337

Jul 11, 2016, 11:53 AM

Getting Jamyest would be big time for South Carolina. I think Terrell is the a more true outside corner and fits the mold of a college corner a little better, but Jamyest is a baller. Many people say he's the best athlete of any defensive player in the country and if he was 6'1" instead of 5'9"ish he'd be the top CB in the country.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic