Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's say one of our freshmen wins th qb job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Let's say one of our freshmen wins th qb job

Jan 16, 2017, 1:12 PM

This next season. How do you see the qb situation playing out the next year when Lawrence gets here?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's say one of our freshmen wins th qb job

Jan 16, 2017, 1:20 PM

Start off sharing time.....by game 3 Cooper wins it........2018 is gonna be a dogfight and fun to watch, We will lose 2 to transfer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Will be fun to watch, dont sleep on Bryant... swear he's

Jan 16, 2017, 1:22 PM

Dantlzer / Jackson all over. And if they build the offense around him, he could be incredible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will be fun to watch, dont sleep on Bryant... swear he's

Jan 16, 2017, 1:29 PM

Agree.......I hope Israel moves positions, rather than transfers. He is a Tiger at heart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

what position would he go to? He does call a h3ll of a

Jan 16, 2017, 1:40 PM

Signal in. Maybe he can just take that job after he graduates too. Seriously though, I think our coaches will play the best QB. The stouts situation should have been an eye opener to that. Be it Israel , Bryant, Cooper, or Johnson may the best man win! Seems like Bryant really wants to play QB though so he may transfer if he doesn't win the spot instead of moving to FS or WR. Cooper, Johnson, Brice, Israel (assuming if he doesn't transfer if he doesn't win the job) and Lawrence will spark it up again the next year. Some tough decisions ahead for our coaches. I do trust them but hopefully it doesn't come down to loyalty for a lesser option when it comes time to decide (just because we've seen it before). Competition will bring out the best in everyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cooper throws bullets

Jan 17, 2017, 12:16 AM

Cooper has the strongest arm, Bryant is the most athletic, Brice will see some snaps. It will be interesting to see. A sharp shooter like Cooper? Or an Athletic Bryant? Or Pro-style in Brice others to come. Whomever OC's and Dabo think they can build the best offense around by the end of Spring camp. I think Cooper will compete well.

Tucker will hold a clipboard until he graduates and then becomes a GA

Jan 16, 2017, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Will be fun to watch, dont sleep on Bryant... swear he's ]

No way he transfers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not transfer, he could star at a school like Coastal C.***

Jan 16, 2017, 6:29 PM

Jan 16, 2017, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Will be fun to watch, dont sleep on Bryant... swear he's ]

Don't want a Jackson. You have to have someone who can throw the football. That 1 trick pony will get shut down. Unless Bryant proves he can throw the football he will never get the starting job.

Jan 16, 2017, 2:21 PM

> Don't want a Jackson. You have to have someone who
> can throw the football. That 1 trick pony will get
> shut down. Unless Bryant proves he can throw the
> football he will never get the starting job.

Agreed Kelly Bryant makes Jalen Hurts look like Warren Moon throwing the football.

Jan 16, 2017, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Will be fun to watch, dont sleep on Bryant... swear he's ]

No offence to Bryant but the dude got beat out by shuesler, he is not gonna win the starting job unless he really refines his passing...i really think the battle comes down to johnson and cooper with cooper edging him out. but then again with the Nasty recievers we have and they way johnson can throw the ball he might win it....we shall see... i will def be at the spring game!!!!!!

Jan 16, 2017, 2:16 PM

If Cooper or Johnson win the job, could Bryant be an option for our suddenly-too-shallow RB pool? Speed and size are good. Halfback pass trick plays would be nice.

Jan 17, 2017, 8:44 AM

If we don't pull a top 20 RB this class, which is very likely, Bryant would be a good hybrid RB/QB option for us. I could really see Elliott and Scott opening up the playbook with that.

If Cooper or Johnson absolutely shine as a starter

Jan 16, 2017, 2:21 PM

I would be seriously concerned with the Lawrence commitment. Just human nature. It's one thing to come in with a guy having 1 more year who is already established. Quite another when a guy has 2-3 years left.

Just the nature of the recruiting beast. Guys want to play now, especially guys rated as highly as Lawrence.

If one is that good, Say Johnson wins the job

Jan 16, 2017, 2:26 PM

and goes crazy for 3 years. Lawrence will redshirt and and only be a freshman johnsons junior year and would start his redshirt fresh year. He seems like he is that good though that we would only have him 2 years, but you can't bank on that happenening and just wait 2 years for him. There area ton of 5star busts i.e. Willy Korn

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'd be a freshman in either Cooper or Johnson's sophomore

Jan 16, 2017, 2:31 PM

year. If Coop or Johnson absolutely take the reins and run with the position, I can see Lawrence looking around. Not a disparagement of him at all, just the reality of recruiting. He's not enrolling to redshirt IMO

Don't see Lawrence avoiding competition. He knows

Jan 16, 2017, 5:36 PM

he will have competition anywhere that is relevant in college football. Also he knew what QBs we had and the two that had committed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The scenario proposed is if Cooper or Johnson

Jan 16, 2017, 6:16 PM

just light it up. It's one thing not to fear competition. Quite another to go somewhere a young star with years of eligibility is entrenched

Re: He'd be a freshman in either Cooper or Johnson's sophomore

Jan 16, 2017, 8:59 PM [ in reply to He'd be a freshman in either Cooper or Johnson's sophomore ]

yea but there is no way he didnt put that into consideration after seeing what we have here... between the number 1 qb in the nation and then a highly touted guy like cooper... he knows he is gonna need to come in and compete and i seriously dont think he will deccommit cause he thinks he wont play right away...

I certainly hope not, but I remember plenty of guys

Jan 16, 2017, 9:08 PM

flipping. What would this offense looked like with Dalvin Cook?

I'm really optimistic about QB next year, though I'm sure we'll ease them in, especially with our D. But if we get really strong QB play next year we have another opportunity to be in the CFP. Trevor would need to accept that redshirt because if a QB lights it up, it's very doubtful he comes in and starts.

Johnson being an early enrollee is big for him. He's entering an open competition. Unless our QB play really struggles next year, Trevor won't be

From what I can tell, Lawrence is not going to rs and he's

Jan 16, 2017, 2:49 PM [ in reply to If Cooper or Johnson absolutely shine as a starter ]

not coming to ride the bench. If the early signing period passes in March, it would be huge to have him sign early with us.

If Cooper shines, maybe Lawrence reshirts a year?

Jan 16, 2017, 2:58 PM [ in reply to If Cooper or Johnson absolutely shine as a starter ]

That's not an issue. Lawrence can start as a RS freshman when Cooper leaves for the NFL. If Cooper is that good he would probably leave early anyway. If not, then Lawrence will be competing for the starting job.

Just saying, it's a long way to NSD 2018

Jan 16, 2017, 6:14 PM

And like Colbert said, he's not looking to redshirt. We're talking about a QB that can play anywhere in the nation. He obviously likes Clemson, but if Cooper or Johnson go out and light it up, there is a good chance he looks for a more immediate opportunity

Give it up, go fishing for bass Striper lol***

Jan 16, 2017, 6:35 PM

I certainly hope you're correct

Jan 16, 2017, 7:30 PM

I can't name the last #1 QB recruit in the nation who took a redshirt however

Jameis Winston says Hi***

Jan 16, 2017, 7:52 PM

You're right there. I guess we can hope

Jan 16, 2017, 8:45 PM

Cooper or Johnson show themselves to be an NFL first rounder like Manuel was. Would certainly bode well for next year and the year after.

On a side note as I checked the rankings, did you see that QB class? About 5 in the top 100 and the only one I ever heard of apart from Jamies was Gunner Keil. The others never played anywhere. Inexact science for sure

Re: Jameis Winston says Hi***

Jan 16, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Jameis Winston says Hi*** ]

so did cam newton..

Im not trying to forecast anything

Jan 16, 2017, 9:12 PM

I just know recruiting is an uncertainty until a guy signs. Newton knew Tebow was gone the next year, same with Jameis and Manuel, who was a 4th year junior. We're probably talking about a freshman starter here though. If it's Johnson, that's a two year wait minimum

J Winston says hi

Jan 17, 2017, 12:01 AM [ in reply to I certainly hope you're correct ]

He redshirted at FSU

J Winston says hi

Jan 17, 2017, 12:01 AM [ in reply to I certainly hope you're correct ]

He redshirted at FSU

We will land him no matter what.*****

Jan 17, 2017, 1:50 AM [ in reply to Just saying, it's a long way to NSD 2018 ]

I doubt Lawrence is afraid of any competition!***

Jan 16, 2017, 6:31 PM [ in reply to If Cooper or Johnson absolutely shine as a starter ]

Jan 16, 2017, 2:45 PM

Whoever wins this job will be tough to beat out even with Lawrence coming. QB @ @Clemson is a dream position and you must have talent to start here.

Jan 16, 2017, 7:43 PM

Z Coop will be the stating QB next year. Mark it down. Kelly Bryant will be #2 and Hunter Johnson with Hunter Johnson hot on is tail for the backup spot.

Easy. We just need another DW4 clone. The perfect balance.

Jan 17, 2017, 12:59 AM

70/30 pass run. Mobile enough to be dangerous, but only needed sparingly so he doesn't get hurt. Great passing skills to utilize all our receivers. Whether we recruit him or mold him once he gets on campus, that's the mix you want for going up against a solid defense. There's just no defense against a perfectly thrown ball. Look at our last drive as an example. Williams Legget Renfrow. 3 spectacular pass/catches.

Barnes elevates his gane and wins 2 heismans***

Jan 17, 2017, 8:53 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic