Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Option week: Tigers prepare for dreaded cut blocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: Option week: Tigers prepare for dreaded cut blocks

Sep 1, 2015, 4:12 PM

Option week: Tigers prepare for dreaded cut blocks

Clemson opens the 2015 season Saturday against in-state and FCS foe Wofford, and it was the Terriers’ offense that had Tiger defensive coordinator Brent Venables excited on Tuesday. What does he say about the cut blocks? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jalen getting another positive mention

Sep 1, 2015, 5:07 PM

I can't wait to see this 2 star guy show out with attention to detail. I had a couple Coots that were talking about us recruiting a 2 star LB with Venables as our coach. It looks like Brent knows winners. I would have thought Chad would play before Jalen any day. I guess that's why we need to trust our coaches.

Kendall is going to be tough too. Korie left because these guys were going to beat him out of a starting position..(in my opinion)

This will be great tape for these guys to see what they will face against GT. Wofford gave GT a heck of a game last year. I think if I remember right Wofford rushed for more yards than GT. Its hard to believe Wofford played them better last year than we did. (Of course Cole was throwing to GT)

I don't see us having a problem with Wofford but it will be a great learning tool for the Defense. We have time to grow because of the off week after App State. Our schedule sets up well to grow some guys up early..

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Jalen getting another positive mention

Sep 1, 2015, 5:22 PM

No open week after App State ... Louisville is in five days on 9/17. Sixteen days to ND.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2015, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Jalen getting another positive mention ]

No problem with Wofford? This game will be closer than you may think, esp in the first half. Young, inexperienced guys on defense playing their very first game ever and it's the triple option. Look at our last game vs them. GT last season. It'll be closer than some are anticipating for awhile. I think we pull away somewhat in the second half but I don't think we come out and blow their doors off either. Just hoping it's not as close as our last game vs them. If our young, inexperienced D struggles somewhat, they could have some long, time consuming drives limiting what we can do offensively.

Sep 1, 2015, 7:56 PM

Careful.... Don't get your feathers ruffled...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2015, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Jalen getting another positive mention ]

Where the defense held the GT offense to one TD? What does Cole Stoudt going 3/11 with 3 ints (2 returned for 6) have to do with stopping the option.

Re: Solution to cut Blocks

Sep 1, 2015, 5:14 PM

Wear shoes with very long cleats.

How? So theirr foot stays planted in the ground and then

Sep 2, 2015, 8:55 AM

their knees get blown out? Yea, good solution....SMFH

Didn't coots stop playing Wofford because of the cut blocks?

Sep 1, 2015, 9:08 PM

Have to agree with the coach. Why do we still schedule them? Isn't GT enough?

Re: Didn't coots stop playing Wofford because of the cut blocks?

Sep 2, 2015, 6:42 AM

I actually like it... only because GT is favored to win the Coastal. Gives our youth a chance to see it twice before the ACC title game.

Totally agree as well. it is a chance to see the style and

Sep 2, 2015, 11:15 AM

practice the patience and consistency you'll need without concerns about winning the game. Every mistake corrected after the Wofford game is a direct benefit for GT later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic