Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jackson Carman vs Chase Young
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Jackson Carman vs Chase Young

Dec 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

Wow man . That is gonna be a real test . Can't wait til the 28th :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Jackson Carman vs Chase Young

Dec 9, 2019, 4:01 PM

Chase Young lines up at Left End a lot (at least he did against Penn State). I don't think Carman will be matched up against him all night. Odds are, Ohio State will determine who they think is the weakest link and have Young line up against that lineman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 4:44 PM

They move him around a lot due to the OC having to constantly account for his incredible play .
I think that will continue against Clemson , and I think we'll have a great plan in place for this guy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 9, 2019, 7:01 PM

We better have a great plan in place for Chase Young and also for Justin Fields.

Dec 9, 2019, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Jackson Carman vs Chase Young ]

Agreed Dug. If Michigan neutralized him, I’m sure Caldwell will put together a sound plan for our guys. Ohio State was also short Shaun Wade (CB) in that game though, so it was easier to get rid of the ball quickly against younger, inexperienced CBs.

Chase Young aside, they have excellent linebacker / CB play. Both Arnette & Wade will be undersized against Ross & Higgins on the outside though. And we are far superior in tackles for loss allowed and sacks than anyone they’ve played up to this point.

I would have rather faced LSU in this next game but we have the tools to get it done. I just hope this coach Scott move doesn’t prove to be a huge mistake if he doesn’t stick around until after the bowl games... his twitter page is already adorned in green & gold.

Dec 9, 2019, 8:02 PM

Okudah and Arnette play outside corner. Shaun Wade plays exclusively in the slot. Almost every corner in the country is undersized against Tee and Justyn unless there is some huge batch of 6'4" or 6'5" corners somewhere that I have never heard of.

Dec 9, 2019, 8:17 PM

By undersized, I didn’t mean height alone. They have a 200lb safety and only one of their CBS is over 194lbs. Higgins is 215, Ross is 210, Ngata is 215, Overton is 210, Rodgers is 210, Powell is 210, etc. I like the matchups, from a physically / YAK standpoint.

Dec 9, 2019, 9:35 PM

CUYankee said:

By undersized, I didn’t mean height alone. They have a 200lb safety and only one of their CBS is over 194lbs. Higgins is 215, Ross is 210, Ngata is 215, Overton is 210, Rodgers is 210, Powell is 210, etc. I like the matchups, from a physically / YAK standpoint.

Exactly!

Their personnel in my opinion has not been challenged athletically speaking! Wisconsin was out executing them; but their lack of depth caught up. Had Wisconsin had quality depth they would have beaten Ohio State. Their starters out played the Buckeye starters: but got tired as the game went on. We have back ups who have played whole games worth of reps! If we get up we can take a guy out with full confidence they will be able to give us a play or 3.

Everybody quick gamed us so our DE's wouldn't come into play! Virginia was among the nations leaders in sacks - yes they got to Trevor. But, they did it from an exotic blitz stand point. The Buckeyes rely on sheer athleticism. But, what happens if you are able to neutralize their advantages?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Jackson Carman vs Chase Young ]

@cCUYankee I am with you on that! I wanted LSU right out the shoot because what they are doing isn't your typical spread passing game. As it is - we would have 2 weeks to prepare for what they are doing if we played well enough to get by the Buckeyes!

I love my Tigers! I wish I had the confidence some others have. Ohio State and LSU may very well have what it takes to beat us! I am just happy we will have the opportunity to prove ourselves(again) on the field.

I'm sure the team won't - but as a fan - I for one am not going to let what we have done the last 3 times against them make me think this will be easy! The Buck-Nuts have learned that's why they have so many players from the deep south on their squad, LOL! They have team speed unlike all the teams they have played top to bottom. It's hard to gauge them really because I am not impressed with the personnel in the Big 10 in comparison to what they are working with! And before someone goes there - the ACC has the 2nd most players in the league. The teams may not be great but there is plenty of talent in the ACC; stop letting ESPN fool you!

We'll still have two weeks to prepare...12/28-1/13. 16 days.***

Dec 10, 2019, 1:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Jackson Carman vs Chase Young ]

I am happy to play OSU out of the gate. They have things on both sides of the ball that we need to address. I am actually more worried about Dobbins than I am Fields. With LSU, they are one dimensional on offense and zero dimensional on defense. I think that 16 days will be plenty.

Dec 9, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Jackson Carman vs Chase Young ]

They move him around a lot due to the OC having to constantly account for his incredible play .
I think that will continue against Clemson , and I think we'll have a great plan in place for this guy .

DB23

Dec 9, 2019, 4:48 PM

I have to wonder how many millions of $$$$$ is Young gonna lose in the NFL draft because of his weak showing in this game. He will not look all-world and everyone will see it.

Dec 9, 2019, 5:03 PM

Is this the same C.Young that had "zero" tackles vs Mich? Think I heard that some place...could be wrong.

Dec 9, 2019, 5:16 PM

You are correct. Zero tackles, zero sacks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 9, 2019, 9:17 PM

Both Michigan and Wisconsin neutralized Young by doubling him and chipping away at him but the problem in those games was it left the other DLs open and they were somewhat wrecking havoc at times - especially in the 2nd half of both games

This Staff has prepped for the following

Dec 9, 2019, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Jackson Carman vs Chase Young ]

This staff has had to account for the following dominant DE's:

Jadaveon Clowney
Bradley Chubb
Quinnen Williams
Tyquan Lewis
Nick Bosa
Brian Burns
Zach Allen
Harold Landry

All 1st round picks in the NFL draft. A couple had #1 pick labeled to them coming out. Not to mention these guys have gone against some 1st round picks every day at practice. I feel they will have a plan in place to account for him. Rushing the passer gets tiring so I don't see him going at it that long all game long! Who is behind him? #33 I think is a freshman they are high on; but he isn't there yet! Quick game early and trust your WR's to come down with it. They have some impressive DB's but our WR's are taller and more skilled and "know where the play is going" and inherent advantage for the offense. I think we will be okay.

Like any plan it could not work; at which point - our outstanding coaching staff will make further adjustments!

Re: This Staff has prepped for the following

Dec 9, 2019, 5:40 PM

This staff has had to account for the following dominant DE's:

Jadaveon Clowney
Bradley Chubb
Quinnen Williams
Tyquan Lewis
Nick Bosa
Brian Burns
Zach Allen
Harold Landry

All 1st round picks in the NFL draft. A couple had #1 pick labeled to them coming out. Not to mention these guys have gone against some 1st round picks every day at practice. I feel they will have a plan in place to account for him. Rushing the passer gets tiring so I don't see him going at it that long all game long! Who is behind him? #33 I think is a freshman they are high on; but he isn't there yet! Quick game early and trust your WR's to come down with it. They have some impressive DB's but our WR's are taller and more skilled and "know where the play is going" and inherent advantage for the offense. I think we will be okay.

Like any plan it could not work; at which point - our outstanding coaching staff will make further adjustments!

Correction. Not all were 1st round. The latest was 3rd round on any of them though. Most were in the 1st round.

yeah but some of them had minnow ears

Dec 9, 2019, 7:04 PM [ in reply to This Staff has prepped for the following ]

minnow ears make you lose

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah but some of them had minnow ears

Dec 10, 2019, 7:10 AM

LOL ... that's in reference to the " mennalairs " statement by that Alabama DT after last years destruction witnessed by the CFB world but apparently now forgotten or avoided due to PTSD or whatever .

DB23

Dec 9, 2019, 5:28 PM

Whats the over/under on offsides penalties we draw on OSU? And there are other ways to slow down a great pass rusher. No way one guy shuts us down.

Dec 9, 2019, 8:30 PM

Young ain't gonna do shlt....maybe against the second or third. A beatdown is coming and we won't be on the receiving end.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 9:23 PM

Man I hope they don’t count on Etienne to chip at Young. Give him the ball instead and let him run past the over pursuing Young.

Price would be my guess...***

Dec 10, 2019, 1:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Price would be my guess...***

Dec 10, 2019, 7:29 AM

Or could be why Jaelyn Lay have played a 4th game yet. He is after all a 273 lb TE. Depends if they've been using this time to hone in his blocking, and use him and his bigger frame for that very reason in this game.

Dec 10, 2019, 7:29 AM

*hasn't played

Dec 10, 2019, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Price would be my guess...*** ]

*hasn't played

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive