Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jackson Carman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Jackson Carman

Nov 11, 2018, 11:03 PM

Does anyone else think we should give him a shot at right tackle? I thought he filled in nicely after Hyatt exited the game. And I understand that end for BC is a very good player, but Anchrum just hasn't been very impressive. Just something to think about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jackson Carman

Nov 11, 2018, 11:39 PM

Agree! Might as well give him a try at both positions(OG and RT). I really thought Pollard and Anchrum were going to be really really solid this year but the right side of our line has been pretty inconsistent. They have rotated numerous players too.

That D End for BC was very very good though!

Nov 11, 2018, 11:52 PM

I don't understand why we haven't given him time on the right side, either at tackle or at guard because he could maul people inside too. It's obvious they see him as the heir apparent to Hyatt but it seems like it would be beneficial to get our best 5 lineman out there. Anchrum's had good moments but he's still light to be a good right tackle when we're playing against teams that will be able to challenge us.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:08 AM

Dabo has already said he hopes to redshirt Carman this year .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 5:25 AM

He’s not redshirting. He’s played in a bunch of games this year.

The DE for BC manhandled Anchrum***

Nov 11, 2018, 11:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 12, 2018, 12:30 AM

I'd be surprised if Carman doesn't get a strong look at RT during bowl practice.

Nov 12, 2018, 5:13 AM

That DE handles just about every RT he goes up against. Would have been better to slide the RB to his side or the TE to give him a hand.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 5:44 AM

I agree...Reed I believe is his name, dude is a monster...models his game after JJ Watt, not to mention he's slightly bigger too. Coaches gambled by leaving our tackled naked, I think its good experience for him, especially if we play in the dance.

His name is Zach Allen***

Nov 12, 2018, 6:10 AM

Re: His name is Zach Allen***

Nov 12, 2018, 6:48 AM

I believe I read that Allen is projected as a first round pick.

He should be

Nov 12, 2018, 6:50 AM

But it’s a deep DL class so he might slip to the 2nd depending on his testing. But he’s definitely in the first round consideration. Which IMO is why you shouldn’t be leaving your RT on an island with him the entire game especially after he’s shown he’s not going to be able to block him.

Nov 12, 2018, 5:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Jackson Carman ]

I agree...Reed I believe is his name, dude is a monster...models his game after JJ Watt, not to mention he's slightly bigger too. Coaches gambled by leaving our tackled naked, I think its good experience for him, especially if we play in the dance.

Nov 12, 2018, 5:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Jackson Carman ]

I was surprised the coaches didn’t adjust the coverage more to compensate for the trouble RT was causing us. TL could have seriously taken a huge hit from that DE. Maybe they got more concerned with helping Jackson after Hyatt went out.

Fortunately, the coaching staff

Nov 12, 2018, 6:05 AM

Supports the players and their efforts more than some fans. Pollard's been injured...Anchrum has played since the day he stepped on campus as a true freshman. Other teams have really good players, too. When that's the case, is the Tiger player that's the problem, or the opponent. Lastly, Dabo says the line gave up one sack. One. Sack. That's cause for a change?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL was constantly getting pressured off that right edge

Nov 12, 2018, 6:12 AM

Anchrum got beat like a drum all night but it’s partially on the coaching staff for not bringing a RB or TE over to chip when they knew Anchrum couldn’t block him

Re: TL was constantly getting pressured off that right edge

Nov 12, 2018, 6:18 AM

I agree.

Re: TL was constantly getting pressured off that right edge

Nov 12, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to TL was constantly getting pressured off that right edge ]

It would also help if our center would stop pointing then snapping the ball. Their DE was timing it and getting the jump.

Saw that as well

Nov 12, 2018, 8:44 AM

I wonder if they’re setting up someone to try to get people offsides all game when we’re struggling to move the ball. Maybe that’s being too generous to this offensive coaching staff

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic