Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack and his antics.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Jack and his antics.....

Jun 3, 2012, 7:34 PM

I may get ripped for this but....

I am embarrased by some of jacks antics. It is easy to see why other teams and coaches hate our guts. Jack acts like a jerk on the field. He just does.

1-- todays game....what third base coach runs all the way down the third base line after his runner? Jack was right next the grass/dirt cutout. We had a player running towards second who may have needed help. Just a bush league act.

2----last night.....the interference call was the right call. Jack comes out and says something like we have played 63 games and have never seen that call. Who cares jack....it was the correct call.

3-----last year bat gate......I won' t go there.

Listen, I am a tiger fan and rip me if you want. Up until three years ago I was fairly connected in sc high school baseball. Several of my kids went on to play college ball in the southeast. Let's just say that jacks abrasive personality rubs coaches and parents the wrong way. It hurts me to say that.

Hey, at least he stopped doing his head first slide before games. Classy....

Jack.....unreal baseball knowledge....wish he could tone the personality down a bit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fell better now?***

Jun 3, 2012, 7:35 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

He is a #### Yankee!

Jun 3, 2012, 7:36 PM

What do you expect? lol

I didn't expect to hear such an ignorant remark from a

Jun 3, 2012, 7:48 PM

"rebel" but there you go.

Clayton's right, CT. Don't you know there's no

Jun 3, 2012, 10:34 PM [ in reply to He is a #### Yankee! ]

space between #### and Yankee?

Re: I have no problems with his antics. I hate a good loser***

Jun 3, 2012, 7:39 PM

Met the guy once...

Jun 3, 2012, 7:39 PM

I know everyone has their bad days so it might not mean anything but...man, just not the glowing personality. I have often wondered if it hurts him in recruiting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:You can bet your butt it does.***

Jun 3, 2012, 7:40 PM

Re: Jack and his antics.....

Jun 3, 2012, 7:40 PM

It is not about feeling better....I just wish our coach didn't act the way he acts. Personally, jack is wound up too tight.....

Does that play a roll as to why we can't get over the hump? Or the fact that we are terrible in close games?

Jun 3, 2012, 7:43 PM

Trust me.....it does not help on the recruiting trail. I know first hand.

program losing ground each year

Jun 3, 2012, 7:56 PM

not just to gamecocks. tar heels and uva own CU now. would love to see gary gilmore at CU.

If you think think that was a good call last night you

Jun 3, 2012, 7:46 PM

are crazy. The point was that it is hardly ever called. It didn't affect the play last night and it should not have been called then. Did you seriously not want him to argue that call? Guarantee you even Tanner would argue that one if it went against him

how often something is called has nothing do with whether

Jun 3, 2012, 11:20 PM

it's the RIGHT call or not. If a baserunner puts his hand up like that, it is clearly an attempt to mess up the double play. If you can't see that, you're crazy.

It's just like if he slid into 2nd on that play and took out the SS (or 2B, whichever it was) that would be interference.

Still disagree with #2

Jun 3, 2012, 7:47 PM

Bad call

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was not interference...horrible call***

Jun 3, 2012, 7:52 PM

Re: That young ump was pushing the envelope.***

Jun 3, 2012, 7:54 PM

Jun 3, 2012, 8:07 PM

You guys are wrong about the interference call last night.

Our runner clearly reached across towards the Carolina player. Your hands can remain up but cannot move to deter the throw to first. Ours did.

The point is how often or not the call is made. By the book it was the correct call.

To those who say it did not impact the play....you are correct. In this case it did not. Unfortunatly, the umpire cannot wait to see if the throw us interfered with or not. He can't wait until the play is over. He called interference immediately. Before he knew the throw to first was still ok. If there us interference (of any type) the signal is immediate.

Again, it was the correct call.

OK----

Jun 4, 2012, 6:41 PM

early in that same game, a coot player struck out and Kieboom dropped the ball which rolled a few feet in front of the plate. When Kieboom went to pick it up and throw to first, the coot batter lowered his shoulder and deliberately ran into Spencer causing him to drop the ball again....yet nothing was called.

Any explanation Mr. cootbaseball?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2012, 8:15 PM

I have been a season ticket holder for the past 23 years. I have seen many coaches run all the way down to home plate like Jack did today. The interference call was wrong.And as for bat gate, my neice was a student trainer last year and she said they often heated the bats. Maybe not illegal,but definitely unethical, which is typical of tanner if you know anything about how he recruits.All of this being said,I'm not happy with losing to them either,but comparing Jack to tanner is stupid if you don,t know all the facts. tanner does a lot of unethical things like most of the sec schools. Jack is not unethical but he needs to start beating them regularly.

If it's not against the rules what's so wrong about it?

Jun 3, 2012, 8:18 PM

That's like saying a fake punt is unethical or the Florida Gators using Gatorade when everybody else was still drinking water unethical.

Jun 3, 2012, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack and his antics..... ]

So what exactly are all these unethical things that Tanner does.

I have never heard of Tanner doing anything unethical...

Jun 3, 2012, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack and his antics..... ]

recruiting or otherwise. Can you honestly say that you would rather have him in our dugout than Jack? Say whatever you want abt the coots but Ray Tanner is a class act, period.

ever heard of bat heaters except at usuc ?***

Jun 3, 2012, 8:49 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I have...

Jun 3, 2012, 8:52 PM

it is a very common practice, esp. at northern schools. Jack made a fool out of himself whining abt it.

Re: I have never heard of Tanner doing anything unethical...

Jun 4, 2012, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I have never heard of Tanner doing anything unethical... ]

I know of at least 3 players from the upstate who signed LOIs with usc and then were cut in the spring.Because they signed, not walked on, and later transferred, they lost 2 years of eligibility. If you don't think think that is unethical, then you don't know ethics.

Jun 3, 2012, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack and his antics..... ]

Really?? What does he do that is unethical?? Sounds alot like sour grapes toward a coach that is thought of highly in our state by hs coaches and across the nation as a college coach. Bat heating, you guys are a laugh a minute.

I won't rip you but I disagree with you. I don't see

Jun 3, 2012, 8:43 PM

anything at all wrong with his actions in any of those instances. I think he loves his team and is fighting for them and urging them on the best way he knows how. I don't understand why any of that would rub any Clemson fan the wrong way. I'm sure he'd get landblasted all the same or worse if he had done nothing or handled it differently.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Come on guys we were reasonably competitive in both games.

Jun 3, 2012, 8:52 PM

Isn't that what our leadership wants?

Jun 3, 2012, 9:02 PM

"Up until 3 years ago you were fairly connected in high school baseball". I needed a good laugh. Thanks for supplying me with one.

Jun 3, 2012, 9:03 PM

How on Earth anyone can say the interference call was wrong is beyond me. If you can't admit that he stuck his left arm out intentionally, then you are delusional and have no business talking about sports for the rest of your life.

All you so called conected baseball people

Jun 3, 2012, 9:05 PM

While Jacks personality may be a little abrupt he is a good coach and recruits pretty good players. Our baseball program is one of the best in the country and has only missed post season play a few times under Jacks coaching. Losing sucks and I would rather eat dog &$;! then lose to the chickens but taking it out on the coach when the players played their hearts out on a hot day with a double header in columbia is not going to help. I feel Jack hates it worse than we do.

Watch the post game interview, and you can see how much

Jun 3, 2012, 9:12 PM

he hates losing.

I have zero problems with all 3 of your examples***

Jun 3, 2012, 9:09 PM

Couch potatoes

Jun 3, 2012, 9:18 PM

What other coach can run down the line like that at 58? He was obviously encouraging his player as he'd knew it would be a close play. Go back to your desk job and leave the coaching and decision making to those that know the game and evaluate talent year round.

Re: how often something is called has nothing do with whether

Jun 4, 2012, 12:11 AM

It is interesting how people are defending the slide, which IS against the rules even if rarely called. It's a way to gain a competitive advantage. In his presser, Jack basically said his players always break the rules by sliding that way, so he was upset that they were penalized for it. In other words, they purposely break a rule to try to win. Some might call that "cheating."

Yet, Tanner is "unethical" by allegedly heating bats to gain a competitive advantage, but that is NOT against the rules. I don't recall the allegation ever being proven anyways.

Oh well, I guess double standards are what being a fan and what message boards are all about!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Historic Horseshoe

Nothing wrong with those IMO but I don't like his style.***

Jun 4, 2012, 9:25 AM

Ummmm....

Jun 4, 2012, 12:50 PM

I bet 99% of umpires have never made that interference call and never would make that interference call because the fact is IT HAD NO EFFECT ON THE RUNNER CROSSING HOME PLATE!!!...Jack had a right to complain

And I must add that since you have coached at such a high level and probably have as many wins as Jack, maybe you should take the reigns of our program and class it up a bit...no?

You may be embarrssed by Jack, but quite frankly, I am embarrassed by you....I am ashamed that people have to read garbage about our coach and team from it's OWN FANS....that's embarrassing.

Jun 4, 2012, 3:41 PM

Sensitive are we??

Who said that I would be a better coach than Jack? Did I say that I coached baseball? All I said is that I was heavily involved up until three or four years ago.....

As a fan I have a right to give credit when and where credit is due. I also have a right to be critical when I feel it is justified.

Jack is a good coach. Jack has won games and been to the CWS multiple times. Jack has a nice program. Jack does not have a great program.

All I said.........I wish Jack would cut down on some of his antics. that is all.

Oh, I have heard that there is vidoe of Jack yelling at a SC fan from this weekend. Anyone?

call cornboot , he will look for video for you***

Jun 4, 2012, 6:25 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2012, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack and his antics..... ]

May have been slightly "jerkish" on my end to respond that way but my only point is that for so many people to complain, you would think they would have the credibility to do so...if you can admit that you don't know nearly as much as Jack, let him do his job and support him.

Our coaches are animated and that's how it is...if that bothers you then you are gonna be really angry every time you see dabo or Jack coach. :)

bullsh!t---if you're a Clemson fan.....

Jun 4, 2012, 6:37 PM

I'm king of the freakin' world.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^coot fronting as Clemson fan^^^^***

Jun 4, 2012, 7:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic