Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack Leggett Haters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Jack Leggett Haters

Jun 5, 2015, 10:51 AM

All of you idiots that were non-stop bitching about firing Jack Leggett are going to be the same ones complaining about how D-RAD can't find a competent coach to replace him.

It's pretty obvious how influential Jack was in the College Baseball, and now that coaches are speaking out it seems a lot of respect was lost for Clemson Baseball. Who the hell is going to want to coach under an AD that fired one of the most respected and successful coaches in the history of college baseball?

You all are probably the same ones that say Dabo needs to be fired after every loss we have.

I think it's going to be hard to replace Jack with a quality replacement. I hope I'm proved wrong.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jack Leggett Haters

Jun 5, 2015, 10:56 AM

Tend to believe you are correct. The ramifications will be seen in in perceptions of the program and Clemson itself as well as possibly in players decisions to stay or go, come in as a recruit, donate to IPTAY.....and so on

As far as the coaches who might come in all they have to know is that they must do better than a Hall of Famer who made post-season 21 of 22 years and was the 5th winningest active coach in the country or one of the top 20 winningest in the history of the game. No problem.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 11:01 AM

He said what the expectations are....

Win Championships and win games in the NCAAT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 5, 2015, 11:05 AM

do you think leggett forgot how to teach fundamentals? We are going to have to replace him with a up and coming coach and hope we get lucky.

If we would have waited until he retired, all the while making it to the tourney, then we could have hired a great coach to replace him. Like I said, a lot of respect was lost for Clemson baseball

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 11:32 AM

I dont think he forgot how to teach fundamentals.... He never was that great at it to begin with.

Look at our fielding percentages under him. Look at our baserunning under him.

null

Jun 5, 2015, 12:10 PM

You are a fool

Jun 5, 2015, 1:24 PM

Sorry you dont like statistics....

The great thing about them though armsb is they arent bias and dont lie.

null

Jun 5, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Haters ]

He won more ncaat games than anyone ever has at clemson

Jun 5, 2015, 12:12 PM

More power to you if you want to keep trying with that guy but I had to give up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 1:25 PM

by give up you mean you took your ball and went home and put me on ignore after being shown the flaws in your bull #### logic.

Grats

null

Jun 5, 2015, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Haters ]

Well I hope so the NCAA was only expanded a #### ton while he was here. Easy to win more games when you have a bunch more opportunities.

There you go again with your attempts to insult Coach Wilhelms legacy by making bull #### comparisons.

null

Jun 8, 2015, 8:21 AM

Wilhelm didn't have to put up with title 9 did he ? Sorry you're wrong again. He won more game in omaha then?

Jun 5, 2015, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett Haters ]

Well said. Will be missed

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 10:57 AM

yea you are right we should have just continued down the same path...

We should just ignore all trends all the bad fundamentals all the lack of championships.

null

Jun 5, 2015, 11:03 AM

Or, perhaps, have invested in one of the best coaches in the history of the game and let him utilize the fruits of those investments. But I'm sure your burn it all to ground strategy is going to work out fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 11:11 AM

So I guess you think he has had these "issues" for the past 20 years?

One Championship in Twenty years is pretty bad.

As much as people try to claim those our recruiting rankings were still good.

You cant have it both ways.

null

Jun 5, 2015, 11:18 AM

I'm sorry, I know you like thread stalking me but you never - ever - actually address the comments I make. It is always a tangent and I don't have the time or energy for it. So this will be my last response to you. I'm putting you on ignore and moving on. I'll talk with people who can stay on point and not make it personal.

Jun 5, 2015, 11:22 AM

Holy crap no one is "thread stalking you" grow up. I am posting opinions on a MESSAGE board.

I have stayed on topic not sure why you are unable to follow long.

I guess your idea of debate is when offered a response you cant handle run for the hills.

Good job have a nice day.

null

it may take 2 coaches and 7-10 years to get CU baseball

Jun 5, 2015, 10:59 AM

Where it should be....but at least we finally started that process.

Agreed. The first step in getting out of a hole is to...

Jun 5, 2015, 11:01 AM

stop digging.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it may take 2 coaches and 7-10 years to get CU baseball

Jun 5, 2015, 11:05 AM [ in reply to it may take 2 coaches and 7-10 years to get CU baseball ]

It'll take that to get it where it's been the last five years. You truly don't understand what has just happened to this program.

Re: it may take 2 coaches and 7-10 years to get CU baseball

Jun 5, 2015, 11:09 AM

lol sky is falling sky is falling....

good lord you are one sad "fan".

null

Where it's been the last 5 years is not nearly

Jun 5, 2015, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: it may take 2 coaches and 7-10 years to get CU baseball ]

Good enough..change was long overdue

I'm not a hater at all

Jun 5, 2015, 11:07 AM

But, seeing as how the result of the last 5 years or so have been in decline, I wonder what you would have had us to do?

I think it would've been best for all if this could've been handled in a manner where we were able to part more amicably. I imagine Clemson's AD pursued that option, but what is to be done when that is not agreeable to the coach? When you set a standard and that standard is not met for a reasonable period of time, it seems to me you only have 3 options.

1) Change the standard
2) Work to provide tools necessary for the coach to meet the standard
3) Try a different coach

I think we can all agree that #1 isn't really a sane option for a proud program.

I'm not sure there's much that can be done for #2. Though, admittedly I may be wrong.

So, in my estimation that leads to #3.

I'm no fan of badmouthing a man who has represented Clemson well. Just shake his hand, wish him well, and focus on the future

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a hater at all

Jun 5, 2015, 11:16 AM

If "there's not much for #2" why did we just build an baseball complex that Jack Leggett will never have the privilege of coaching. If it didn't matter it's just another multi-million DRad boondoggle. Why did we join the academic common market if it doesn't matter - another tool that Leggett will be denied the advantage of.

There can always be a new improvement

Jun 5, 2015, 12:14 PM

that the current coach will not 'utilize'. Couldn't a coach just keep asking 'Well, if I had this, I'd do better'?

Clemson

Re: There can always be a new improvement

Jun 5, 2015, 12:26 PM

Certainly, and I think that was the loop we got into with Bowden. But we know SCar dumped $30+ million into building a premier stadium and spent 10 years pretending it didn't matter. When we finally did some "renovations" it was almost entirely fan oriented (chairbacks and crap like that) - stuff that doesn't help recruiting. We know they use the ACM to help recruiting. We just instituted it for this year. Now we have a baseball operations center with proper player facilities being built. I've asked before, if these things don't matter then why did we do them. If they do matter then why didn't Jack earn the opportunity to use them?

I think those things are certainly worthwhile. No doubt.

Jun 5, 2015, 12:39 PM

I also was not calling for Jack's head. I can see the argument both ways here.

But perhaps the decision was made because the folks who studied the situation felt that for whatever reason Jack wasn't getting the results he should with the players he had in place. That doesn't mean we don't improve the situation in hopes of getting even better players, but it does mean you have to judge the W/L record, and the lack of championships, based on who we did have.

I think an argument can be sanely made that the team underperformed even when you look at the talent that was here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 11:11 AM

so just how far down would U have us go before Clemson takes some positive steps to improve??the program has been going STRAIGHT DOWN for years! U must be able to see that! and, no, I am not a hater but Jack HAD TO GO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 11:18 AM

I do believe it was respect for Jack that got us into post season play. We will probably never have another coach with that much respect.I think AD needs to ask itself 2 questions: 1- Did we give Jack all he needed to compete with the rest of college BB? and 2- Should we give Jack notice and the same amount of time it will take a new coach to rebuild from this point in time?

Jack played chicken and lost ...too stubborn

Jun 5, 2015, 11:26 AM

To change -just like he coached. Say Thanks, shake his hand and move on.

What, a Michigan coach with a losing record ?

Jun 5, 2015, 11:23 AM

He never was considered. As for a Vandy or Florida baseball coach, both are in better situations with easier recruiting, neither of them would have taken the job even if Jack was willing to drive the U Haul.

Whom do you have that would be considered or would actually have taken the job ?

By the way, I was one of those hoping Jack would get the chance with the facilities upgrades and the new move to give instate tuition to out of state players. BUT, he refused to make the changes his boss wanted to be a part of it. In the end,Jack really made the decision for DRAD. Just celebrate what Jack has done in the past with an eye on the future.

Most programs do go through a transition period...

Jun 5, 2015, 11:36 AM

after a top notch coach leaves

Get over yourself

Jun 5, 2015, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 5, 2015, 12:14 PM

Too many ### clowns on this board. Numbers don't lie. The fact is, multiple programs have passed CU. We are no longer thought of as a Natl program. It happens, changes happens. Get over it and support the new coach. No sense in wasting time bitching about it. Leggett made a ton of $$ from his 'side' deals during his time at CU. Clemsom deserves much better...

Not a hater, but it is about winning, and he wasn't.***

Jun 5, 2015, 12:28 PM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic