Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack Leggett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,642

Jack Leggett

Feb 24, 2013, 7:05 PM

I'm concerned about the number of times we have been put out trying to steal.I know that it was the players fault some, but I think Leggett is so predictable the opposing teams are waiting & ready for it. If as many get picked next weekend as this weekend or last, we will lose all 3 I hope he can get it together. " GO TIGERS"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jack Leggett

Feb 24, 2013, 7:12 PM

Brad Chalk is coaching first base (he is new to coaching), but that shouldn't have anything to do with a runner not getting a good primary and secondary lead (that is burnt into you at day one of playing ball). That is pretty much on the runner. I am not worried about that at all. With the absolute lack of offensive power in college baseball you have to run and run often.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2013, 7:26 PM

> I'm concerned about the number of times we have been
> put out trying to steal.I know that it was the
> players fault some, but I think Leggett is so
> predictable the opposing teams are waiting & ready
> for it. If as many get picked next weekend as this
> weekend or last, we will lose all 3 I hope he can get
> it together. " GO TIGERS"

Just another "wannabe" coach with little to no player/coaching experience. Apply for the job.

Feb 24, 2013, 8:08 PM

Shows how some people are upset at 5-1 because they have to stretch for things to complain about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not upset, he's just raising a concern

Feb 24, 2013, 8:17 PM

We didn't look too sharp on the basepads in the first two games, and that's a fact.

However, we've got all week to hopefully get that figured out before we beat the cooters.

I have combined

Feb 24, 2013, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett ]

twenty three years experience either playing or coaching and I think he has a very legitimate concern.

But don't let that get in the way of you blasting someone who doesn't blindly accept that everything Clemson related is the best ever. People like you would would have resulted in Ken Hatfield still being here.

Message was edited by: Kaplony®

Feb 24, 2013, 8:16 PM

I was glad to see Brad Chalk coaching first rather than Michael Johnson. In my many years of watching Clemson baseball, I am almost certain MJ holds the record for having runners picked off first.

Feb 24, 2013, 8:27 PM

rotflmfao please god tell me how the first base coach keeps a player from getting picked off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Jack Leggett

Feb 24, 2013, 8:24 PM

I think everyone is just concerned with the lack of sucess in the games that really matter (rivalry and conference) as of recently.

In conference the past 6 years we are 99-80-1 in conference. That is alarmingly bad in terms of our standards set for that program.

Re: Re: Jack Leggett

Feb 24, 2013, 8:33 PM

Agree with Roberts on this one. Getting picked off is always on the runner. You know the lead you can get (or you should). You know to watch the pitchers lead leg. You have keys that tell you when to go as a baserunner. As a basecoach you do not stand in the box yelling at the players to go or stay. It is on them to get the signal from the third base coach and execute.

Feb 24, 2013, 8:39 PM

Before he jacks you!!! :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have combined

Feb 24, 2013, 9:21 PM

One of the most ignorant things people say on here. As if supporting the team is something unheard of. They just don't complain about every little thing.

People like you would fire a coach every other year and run the program into the ground. See what I did there?

Lastly, who bashed who?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,642
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic