Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack Analysis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 83
| visibility 1

Jack Analysis

May 1, 2014, 1:08 PM
Leggett.jpg(80.1 K)

As we all know, Jack had the tough task of following a Clemson legend, Mr. Bill Wilhem. Jack has had moments of brilliance, and some great teams along the way. With that said, things have appeared to take a turn south, and with all the grumblings I decided to take a closer look at Jack's tenure here at Clemson.

A simple excel line graph and line of best fit are attached. The findings are not all that surprising:

1) Our overall winning percentage has been declining throughout Jack's tenure. (slope of -0.0072)
2) Our conference winning percentage has been declining throughout Jack's tenure. In fact, it has been declining more rapidly than the overall winning percentage. (slope of -.0095).
3) Project this out 5 years and we are sub .600 overall and sub .500 in the ACC. Not acceptable

I realize there have been a lot of variables and moving parts over the last 20 years, but one thing has remained a constant: Jack.

We are losing to the coots enough, and I certainly don't want to see the day where we finish ACC play below .500. Jack has done some great things for Clemson baseball, but it is the perfect time for change. Lets get some new blood in the program that can use the upgrade in facilities to return to national prominence. Clemson baseball should be perennial power.

Edit: P.S. I think D-Rad knows this, but didn't want Jack to be his first major move within the athletic department. Therefore Don Munson replaces Pete Yannity.

Message was edited by: greer1®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack has something to do with Tiger Football???

May 1, 2014, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Jack has something to do with Tiger Football???

May 1, 2014, 1:24 PM

Re: Jack has something to do with Tiger Football???

May 1, 2014, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Hard to argue against it

May 1, 2014, 1:29 PM

That graph speaks for itself

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you better be careful you are on a slippery slope...hehehehe

May 1, 2014, 1:32 PM

The jackhumpers will try to tear you apart.

Re: Jack Analysis

May 1, 2014, 1:38 PM

lot of people ain't going to like this. Nobody likes a scale that shows success has actually been in a slow but steady decline over a 20 year period. The slow decline actually makes it hard to see until you wake up and you're on the bottom trying to convince people it will get turned around b/c Jack is a HOF coach that has had a string of bad luck. His bad luck was loosing assistant coaches like Sully and Corbin. The two coaches that actually kept our BB team from dropping like a rock.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2014, 1:47 PM

Glad I joined this board. Great analysis and with an excel graph included. Wow.

There are so many signs of a program that is not going to rebound under it's current leadership. Our record is down right atrocious against so many teams we use to dominate. Even without SCAR in the equation, the records against many of our emerging ACC teams and the post season debacles the past several years are unacceptable. This year is looking like it will be another extreme disappointment.

It's not a cycle that looks like it has any chance to swing back upwards.

May 1, 2014, 2:14 PM

Welcome to the boards, your life will never be the same.

May 4, 2014, 5:12 PM

And You ain't kidding either. It will never even come close to being the same after a week or two of T-net, LMAO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your life will trend downward faster than Jacks BB program.

May 25, 2014, 5:59 AM

TSK...TSK...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do one for Bill Wilhelm. Also do one for final rankings.

May 1, 2014, 4:28 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do one for Bill Wilhelm. Also do one for final rankings.

May 1, 2014, 4:54 PM
Wilhelm.jpg(132.9 K)

I was hoping someone would post this. Bill Wilhem's is attached.

Interesting Observations:
1) Bill Wilhelm had a better winning percentage in ACC play than in overall.
2) His improvement within the conference (slope 0.0046) was greater than overall improvement (0.0029).

These observations are shocking. Was the ACC terrible then or did Wilhelm's teams just step up when play counted? Can some people that were around this time comment on this? I was not around and don't know if there is a specific reason for this.

I was trying to figure out a way to do one with final ranking earlier, but ran into a problem with unranked seasons. For example, plotting 4, 22, 17, nr, 13, etc. does not work; it counts the nr as a zero and throws things off. Can anyone think of a solution?

May 1, 2014, 5:01 PM

The only solution is to include a ceiling as a scale. For example, if the ranking shown are only top 25, count all NR years as 26th ranked. Do so for both coaches and all's fair.

EDIT: Of course this could show some imbalance if a coach had a really horrible year. Another solution would be, for NR years, use (1 - winpct) so if not ranked and winpct was .550 rank would be 45. if .600 and NR rank would be 40. if winpct is .400 rank would 60. etc.

This would keep it more balanced.

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2014, 5:54 PM

Thanks CUATFL. For NR seasons I used your methodology.

College Baseball began team rankings in 1959. Baseball America began during the 1981 season. The Coaches Poll began publishing its rankings during the 1992 season. For this reason, College Baseball poll was used.

A lot of people have hypothesized that Jack's past success can be attributed largely to two assistant coaches: Tim Corbin (1994-2002) and Kevin O'Sullivan (1999-2007. I marked each of their departures on the attached graph with large bullet points. Based on two potential career-changing events, a third order polynomial was used to fit a trend-line. Not surprisingly, the line tends to move with these events. Interesting Stuff...Perhaps Jack's failure's and shortcomings can be attributed to his assistants afterall?

For comparative purposes, I used a third order polynomial for Wilhelm as well. Once again, his career trends upwards.

Anyone notice jacks average was 15 and bills was 30?***

May 23, 2014, 2:21 PM

May 1, 2014, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Do one for Bill Wilhelm. Also do one for final rankings. ]

The ACC was significantly worse than it is now, but Bill's teams were usually competitive with everyone. He had some stretches of ups and downs, but he deserved to leave on his own terms. He left us in great shape.

May 2, 2014, 11:38 AM

Wow trying to downplay the results after asking for them.

Good lord your defense of Jack on this board is quite sad. Pretty bad when you try and insult Bills accomplishments to do so.

null

May 2, 2014, 12:04 PM

What are you talking about? I didn't say a single bad thing about Bill Wilhelm. I like and respect him every bit as much as I do Jack Leggett.

And I didn't downplay anything. I didn't argue against the charts or say they were illegitimate or anything. I think they add to the debate.

Clean out your reading comprehension machine before you throw out accusations next time.

May 2, 2014, 12:25 PM

No worries, I think the rest of us understood what you said. I am not sure how he interpreted what you said in that way. Thanks for the feedback!

to answer your question, yes, the ACC was terrible then.

May 4, 2014, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Do one for Bill Wilhelm. Also do one for final rankings. ]

NO FSU. No Miami.

Acc was weaker but we are also losing middle of the week

May 4, 2014, 1:21 PM

Games that should be gimmes to get to 40. We were also one of the top teams in the conference until the last several yrs when the conference was loaded. Fsu, Miami, and UVA seem to be up to speed

No GT then, either for many years...

May 25, 2014, 7:30 AM [ in reply to to answer your question, yes, the ACC was terrible then. ]

...all of which was one reason the Tigers used to take that Florida swing each spring ... to get seasoning against solid teams, then come claim the ACC title to get into the NCAA's.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2014, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Do one for Bill Wilhelm. Also do one for final rankings. ]

One for Jack is more than enough, being that Jack is the one sailing this ship at the the present, and the ONLY one that counts. Doing one for Bill would be as useless as doing one for Tommy Bowden, seriously.

May 2, 2014, 11:30 AM

Leggett's teams tended to get hot every 4th year (1998,2002,2006,2010). This is a "fourth year" and we might not make the tourny, so I don't know what that means longterm. Maybe we will win out? Greer1, what do you think will happen?

May 2, 2014, 12:23 PM

To me there is a pretty obvious trend. Jack took over for Wilhelm and rode that momentum for a while, but once he lost some key pieces things took a pretty severe turn for the worse. How we finish down the stretch is going to be vitally important for Jack.

I am not that optimistic and honestly do not think Jack will make it another two years.

It means next year we're screwed.***

May 2, 2014, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Analysis ]

May 4, 2014, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Analysis ]

Greer1 is more worried about how a dead man done before Jack. I guess what Bill done will shed some light on how and why Jack has set his sights to the bottom of the pack in the acc. The acc games counts more than the division 2 schools we are getting our ### kicked by also. To be honest, I don't care what Bill done, he has passed on, and what he did or didn't do, don't mean chit to what the man holding the clip board is doing now, and that isn't much. One thing is for sure, our X assistant Sully is beating the coots. And no, losing to the coots doesn't make or break our season as a whole. But its losing to teams way below the coots that will... The downward trend our program has been heading is getting way old and pathetic, just like Jack!!!

May 4, 2014, 6:12 PM

I wasn't worried more about how a "dead man done before jack". If you read my posts you will see that. I just think our baseball program is in a significant decline, and structured my conversation around that premise.

May 2, 2014, 2:01 PM

well thought out; well said;all good facts, time for Jack to retire!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2014, 3:59 PM

This is ridiculous. I joined Tigernet a couple of years ago and have read the board, but I have had enough and decided it is finally time to speak out. The Jack bashing has gone too far. The guy took over from a legend and maintained his winning ways for well over a decade. The man has won conference coach of the year 3 times and to the CWS 6 times. So you are telling me you want to fire a guy who takes us to the CWS over 20% of the time?? Good luck finding someone that can do any better. Firing Jack would be a TERRIBLE move.

May 3, 2014, 4:45 PM

next year I think is the last year of jack's contract. imo drad will let jack coach out his contract next year but will let him know if he has not already, that he will not renew the contract. so I think the ball is in jack's court, retire this year and leave money on the table or coach the last year of your contract and know you will not be back. that gives drad plenty of time to look for and get a replacement. I think given all the above jack will be back next year.

May 3, 2014, 5:11 PM

as usual you are wrong again about everything in your post. not surprising though.

May 3, 2014, 7:48 PM

tell me what I am wrong about that will prove you know what you are talking about and the loser can not post for a year. you up for that bet? or as usual just shooting your mouth off and pretending you something about jack and baseball?

May 3, 2014, 8:05 PM

google is a wonderful thing leadcoot

Jack Leggett
CLEMSON — 2011 ended in disappointment for the Clemson baseball program, thanks to a 14-1 NCAA Tournament shellacking from UConn that ended the Tigers’ season at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.

Three weeks later, archrival South Carolina celebrated its second straight College World Series title in Omaha.

Regardless, Clemson officials are confident that Jack Leggett has the program on the right track.

They recently finalized a five-year contract with the veteran coach that runs through the 2016 season and gives him a raise to $400,000 of guaranteed salary annually.

“I’m very excited being here at Clemson,” Leggett said in a statement. “This is where my heart lies. We have had many great moments, but we have some unfinished business that we’re striving for. Many great players and coaches have come through and I want to continue building upon the strong program here at Clemson. I can’t wait to get to work on the 2012 season.”

Leggett has spent 18 years at Clemson, compiling a 812-376-1 record. The Tigers have made 17 NCAA appearances in that span, including six trips to the College World Series. In 2002 and 2010, they made the CWS final four, only to be eliminated by the Gamecocks.

Leggett has 1,189 career victories in 32 seasons as a head coach; that’s 15th-most in Division I history and sixth among active coaches. Last season, he passed mentor Bill Wilhelm, his Clemson predecessor, on the NCAA’s all-time list.

According to the contract, obtained by the Independent-Mail following a Freedom of Information Act request, Leggett and school officials agreed on the deal on May 17.

“We have been working on a new contract for Coach Leggett since the end of the 2010 season,” Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips said. “We are pleased with the job Coach Leggett has done with this program. Seventeen NCAA Tournament appearances in 18 years, six College World Series appearances, and the only two Final Four finishes in the program’s history document his level of consistent excellence.

“The young men he has brought to the program have been outstanding student-athletes who have represented the program with distinction.”

Leggett will receive a base salary of $210,000, with a guarantee of no less than $190,000 in supplemental money annually. In addition, Leggett can receive additional money from outside sources such as apparel endorsements, baseball camps and speaking engagements.

He will also earn bonuses for on-field success; for an NCAA appearance, his base salary will increase by three percent, four percent for a Super Regional, five percent for a College World Series appearance, six percent for a CWS final four appearance, and 10 percent for a national title, plus an $80,000 increase to supplemental pay for his first CWS win.

In addition, he would receive $75,000 for a national title, $20,000 for an ACC title, $10,000 for an Atlantic Division title, $15,000 for a CWS appearance, $20,000 for a CWS final four appearance and $25,000 for a national coach of the year award.

He’d also receive $10,000 if the team GPA was at or above 2.8 and between $10,000-$25,000 for each NCAA appearance, depending on how far Clemson advanced.

Clemson also has a deferred payment account set up; for each Atlantic Division title, $25,000 would be paid in; an ACC Tournament or NCAA regional title would earn $60,000. Leggett would earn these bonuses if he’s still the coach on July 31,2016.

Leggett’s assistants would also benefit. With each NCAA regional appearance, they could receive $15,000 in raises ($20,000 for a Super Regional, $25,000 for a CWS bid). With a CWS win, Leggett would receive $30,000 in raises to distribute among his staff.

May 3, 2014, 8:14 PM

you did not answer any questions. where am I wrong about jack's future? tell me what his future holds as I have addressed and take the bet or not. otherwise keep babbling about things you know nothing about and trying to get attention. I should have known you were not a man to put up or shut up.

May 3, 2014, 8:43 PM

lol you are already wrong about jacks contract. i am quite sure they will talk after this year and after next year and every other year he is here. i imagine there will be some changes after this year. but with recruiting, the hiring of lecroy, the administration fixing the out of state tuition fiasco and the new facilities our future will be just fine. but tell us more nostradumbass.

May 3, 2014, 9:00 PM

you want the bet or not? how may times you gonna duck the bet? YES or NO?

May 3, 2014, 9:17 PM

you really are a #######. did i not say drad would talk with jack after this and every other year. now if you are saying jack is gone, hell yes i will take that bet.

May 3, 2014, 9:30 PM

read my post again and let me know.

May 3, 2014, 10:27 PM

You are flat out wrong that he has only one year left. His contract expires at the end of the 2015-16 season. Two years from now. For that and that alone you have put your foot in your mouth and should abide by your bet and stop posting immediately. Any reasonable person would recognize deroberts post as proof of how you were incorrect therein implicitly accepting your bet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2014, 10:33 AM

I said I think it expires after next year. you are just like deroberts, tell me what depoberts prediction is about jackleg? will he be fired this year, finish out his contract, be here 10 more years since he is a hof coach or what? why are you involved in a conversation between Roberts and me anyway? you want in on this bet too? put up or but out.

May 4, 2014, 12:18 PM

Your entire premise was that there is 1 year left on Jack's contract. Every further prediction you made was predicated on that assumption. You were clearly wrong. What is that I am missing or do you dispute that Jack has 2 years left on his contract? If Jack has 2 years left DRad can't let him "play out" one more year and part ways in 2015. Everything you wrote is wrong and my pointing it out doesn't put me in one camp or another. You don't let blatant factual errors stand just becuase they might be convenient to your argument especially when the person making those errors is making loud mouthed bets about their validity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2014, 1:14 PM

bet or not when jack leaves?

May 4, 2014, 1:22 PM

Doofus Rad didn't even fire Danny Hall at GT you think he would fire JL LAWD AT THE IDIOCRICY

May 4, 2014, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Analysis ]

That wasn't what you originally said - "tell me what I am wrong about that will prove you know what you are talking about and the loser can not post for a year. you up for that bet? or as usual just shooting your mouth off". You've already been told what you are wrong about, proven that you didn't know what you are talking about, and that you are the one shooting your mouth off. You've also prove that you're a liar because you obviously have no intent of honoring your bet. So why would I enter a different bet with you?

May 4, 2014, 2:37 PM

crickets and noballs. all mouth

May 4, 2014, 2:51 PM

YOU' VE ALREADY LOST! Why are you still here?

May 4, 2014, 4:24 PM

see the above post ^^^^^^ loser.

You lost ...

May 25, 2014, 2:08 AM

Any independent arbiter would tell you that you lost your own bet and that you would be required to cease posting for the length of time proscribed by the terms in the bet.

You said ... "tell me what I am wrong about that will prove you know what you are talking about and the loser can not post for a year. you up for that bet?"

It was quickly pointed out that you were wrong about the very first statement you made regarding the length of time remaining on JL's contract.

That's pretty cut and dry.

Being wrong on that statement compromised the validity of everything else you said.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people are incapable of admitting fault.

May 25, 2014, 9:13 AM

That dude permanently marked himself as completely intellectually unreliable. It's rare to see such an obvious case of denial.

May 4, 2014, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Analysis ]

This says that Jack's contract runs "through 2016".
http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/2011/07/30/clemsons-jack-leggett-signs-five-year-contract-extension-through-2016/

May 4, 2014, 6:02 PM

posted that yesterday but it didnt seem to effect certain idiots that ramble on incoherently about our baseball program.

Leggett winning % .683; Wilhelm % .683

May 4, 2014, 11:00 AM

Posteason wins/losses: Leggett 65-39; Wilhelm 42-36

Wilhelm had roughly 1000 more games under his belt and still never won a CWS. He won plenty of ACC championships, back when no one else in the league played baseball and there was no Miami or Florida State.

Re: Leggett winning % .683; Wilhelm % .683

May 4, 2014, 5:53 PM

details, details. why bring fact in here.

May 4, 2014, 6:16 PM

The difference is Wilhelm built UP to that winning percentage. Jack's winning percentage has been in a DECLINE. As illustrated in my graphs by the way, but why bring facts to the table?

May 4, 2014, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Leggett winning % .683; Wilhelm % .683 ]

It doesn't make a hill of over grown Okra how Jack's and Bill's records compare. The fact is that our program has taken a terrible turn for the worst under Jack. And it does seem that the more Jack tries to fix it, the worse it gets. IMHO, the game and how the game is played with all the new rules changes, Jack hasn't been able to grasp it, and he is losing lots of ground to the good teams and coaches and that has changed with the rules in positive ways and the way the game is now being played... Just like Jack has known about bat warmers that gives the bats a better flex in cold weather games. Has Jack obtained a bat warmer for our dug out for playing in those cold BB season months. No he hasn't, and he won't because Jack believes that isn't the way BB was played in his days. And if he refuses to give our kids the same advantages as everyone else b/c of his old ways beliefs, he should move over and let someone else in that will change with the times.

May 4, 2014, 2:22 PM

We need to be funded better if we are to return to top of the acc.expenses per player put us 4 to 6 and our player facilities are being upgraded

May 4, 2014, 9:28 PM

You said Jack has done some great things for the program.What .What great things has Jack done for Clemson Baseball.

where is great talent on other teams that I keep***

May 5, 2014, 10:19 PM

Bump for this studly analysis.***

May 23, 2014, 1:52 PM

May 23, 2014, 2:02 PM

I have been posting stats and facts about our baseball programs decline over the past decade. People here dont care.

null

May 23, 2014, 2:07 PM

So your posts over the last decade got interrupted by two Super Regional championships, an ACC championship, two regular season division championships, and a national semi-final in Omaha but you just keep beating the drum that the program is moving backwards. you'd have a lot more validity if you just stuck to the last 3 years.

May 23, 2014, 2:12 PM

one championship in 18 years yeah we are an elite program. You are correct.

null

May 23, 2014, 2:17 PM

Shifting arguments again. I guess this year won't count if he wins one - you've been calling our demise for a decade. Super Regional championships aren't really championships huh? But if we win this ACC championship this year it will be because higher seeds were looking ahead to the regionals? As I see it the only hardware missing from his cabinet is a National Championship. As you see it, he's won nothing, anything he wins is nothing, and even if he wins it all it would be dumb luck and good time for him to step down. Because anything else would contradict what you've been saying "for a decade" about Jack Leggett and you might have to admit you were wrong. That about sum it up?

May 23, 2014, 2:23 PM

not getting into an argument with you on this I have stayed out of this crap for the most part this year.

Facts: we play #### poor fundamental baseball under jack. We consistently are ranked near the 100 range in fielding. We make poor baserunning decisions. Those are the things that keep you from winning Championships. Talent equalizes and it comes down to the small things. We do not do those well. That is coaching plain and simple.

I have higher expectations fro Clemson than you for that I will not apologize. Clemson has the things in place to be a Championship winning Elite program. We are not that under our current coach.

Edit: Regionals are not championships. no hardware no championship. Also I have not been wrong about a ####### thing.

Hard to be wrong with you use facts and stats as the basis of your argument.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

So if there was a trophy for supers you wouldn't fire him?

May 23, 2014, 2:26 PM

That's sorta odd.

Re: So if there was a trophy for supers you wouldn't fire him?

May 23, 2014, 2:27 PM

I have never said fire the man that is bull ####.

I also didnt say that I said stop making up fake championships.

null

Re: So if there was a trophy for supers you wouldn't fire him?

May 23, 2014, 2:34 PM

It is a semantics argument - if you win an athletic event you are the champion. You decide which ones you care about, you obviously care a lot about trophies.

If you win a game you are the champion of that game. If you win a tournament you are the tournament champion - whether they give a trophy or not. If you complete a season of play and are the best in your conference - you are the conference champion (whether or not the conference gives you a trophy). If you win the conference's respective tournament you are the champion of that event. If you are the last team standing and win the last game played you are the national champion. It is pretty simple.

May 23, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Analysis ]

Well I am glad that your little league days taught you how important trophies are. I guess Final Fours in basketball are meaningless too. Wonder why ADs go out making millionaires of mid tier coaches for simply getting there all the time then? Small time bowl games must mean a lot since they give out trophies. How about I go to the hobby shop and award our ClemTiger117 cup and award it to the team every year. Would that help?

"We are not that under our current coach". This is an opinion and it is an opinion that flies in the face of all available evidence other than your gut level assessment of our programs. wins, Conference wins, regional appearances, super regional appearance, super regional wins all place him as one of not only the very best in the game but one of the very best ever. Again, if you based your argument solely on the last three years you could mount a more credible argument. Saying you've been saying this for a decade is just foolish.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

May 23, 2014, 2:33 PM

It has been a decline look at the evidence look at the first post. Stats dont lie. Open your #### eyes.

You are oblivious to all data in front of you that all says we have been in a decline. You are oblivious to all stats that say we are a poorly coached poor fundamental team.

Have a nice day though I will not respond to anymore of this mess. You know where I stand hell everyone on this board knows where I stand.

null

May 23, 2014, 2:36 PM

The straight line on the attached charts are absolutely meaningless. If we start having sub .500 season please pull this back up and let me know I was an idiot.

May 23, 2014, 2:40 PM

Its not meaningless its stats. It is called a trend line.

null

It's obvious he doesn't care about our decline even though

May 23, 2014, 2:54 PM

simple trend analysis proves it is so.

The simple trend analysis proves only that Leggett has less

May 23, 2014, 3:42 PM

wins last year than he did in his first year.

Considering how many wins he had in his first season, it would be highly unlikely for any coach in the universe to trend upward.

continual slope downward....***

May 23, 2014, 3:50 PM

Considering our highest peaks are under Leggett, it's

May 23, 2014, 4:51 PM

logically impossible for it to be a "continual slope downward."

In terms of final season ranking we Jack's average is better than any other coach in 100 years.

The measurement of slope is only looking at Jack's career by itself. If you look at the entire history of baseball it would be an upward slope. Which is meaningless.

May 23, 2014, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Analysis ]

Look up Bill's record you moron???? Now look up what Clemson done when Bill hired Jack you moron. It was all before was your dumb a$$ was born

That kinda takes the emotion out of it,

May 23, 2014, 2:59 PM

doesn't it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

May 23, 2014, 8:36 PM

We need structural changes first. We are not resources to be my better than 6th in acc

May 23, 2014, 9:24 PM

you do know Bill went 10 years without going to a regional?????????????????????????????????????????

Not arguing, but wasn't the field smaller during most of Coach Wilhelm's era?***

May 23, 2014, 9:35 PM

May 30, 2014, 4:03 PM

Bump

null

May 30, 2014, 4:57 PM

At the end of the day in the last few years we haven't been elite. We need to be and we aren't doing fundamentals right. If we were playing really well and losing close games that'd be fine. However, teams come back from being way down, we get blown out, we have tons of errors, make poor pitching and base running decisions. We have talent that can sometimes slam it and play well at times but overall we need to improve everywhere. I'm open to the argument of assistants but SOMETHING has to change.

Replies: 83
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic