Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ja Morant is from SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,891

Ja Morant is from SC

Jan 18, 2019, 2:10 AM

Who is Ja Morant you ask? He is currently playing himself into a top five NBA draft pick at Murray St. Clemson cannot miss on these players if we ever want to be a legitimate program. Between him and the guard at Pitt from Wren they need to be at Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appears everyone missed him cause never heard of Murray State

Jan 18, 2019, 5:41 AM

Pitt you may have a case. May have been eligibility issue for Morant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ja Morant is from SC

Jan 18, 2019, 5:52 AM

Murray State huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ja Morant is a late bloomer...

Jan 18, 2019, 10:29 AM

no one could have predicted his rise or if he would have even seen the court at Clemson if he had come in with his class. McGowen's situation is a little different but he still did not project as a High major D1 talent. I would have projected McGowens as another Brian Narcisse; he can have a role as an energizer bunny type as a perimeter defender but would contribute minimally to the stat line.

But I will continue to say that Brownell lacks a closer's ability and will to sell the program to the kind of players that Clemson needs.

Very few on this board would think much about a player's talent who selects Murray State, Oral Roberts, Vanderbilt, Valpo or Robert Morris, but those are the schools chosen by Ja Morant, Javan White, Shelton Mitchell, David Skara and Marquisse Reed coming out of high school, and I am willing to bet that not one of us posters lamented any of them not chosing Clemson, if we were aware of them at all. I was aware of Mitchell in high school because he played at Oak Hill, but had no knowledge of the rest.

Brownell's issue is recruiting, and until that is rectified, he won't get us into the ACC top 4 consistently, which would make us a tournament team consistently...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ja Morant is a late bloomer...

Jan 18, 2019, 10:33 AM

Recruiting Clemson basketball has been hard forever, not just Brownell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure it has, but it has been done

Jan 18, 2019, 12:56 PM

Tates Locke, Bill Foster, Cliff Ellis, Rick Barnes, and Oliver Purnell all won some recruiting battles and made Clemson teams hard to deal with, and got them into NCAA tournaments or NITs when the NIT actually meant something. I don't have expectations that we will compete with Duke and UNC annually to win the conference, but I believe that a consistent top 4-5 conference finish is possible at least 3 out of every 5 years. I don't believe Brownell is settling for the lower third finishes, but I don't see that he is changing his approach to bringing in the perceived talents or eyeing the talent that can be developed, like McGowens, Malcolm Wilson (going to Georgetown), Aaron Nesmith (at Vandy), or Jordan Bruner (going to Yale), who the average fan wouldn't know or care about. The player has to want to come here, but our coaches have got to sell them the vision that makes them want to come here...

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,891
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic