Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
JT Barret
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,251

JT Barret

Jul 23, 2018, 9:36 AM

Was a senior quarterback that led a team to a playoffs appearance and was blasted out of the first round of the playoffs and was mocked by our defense for being an average QB.

Sounds pretty damn similar to our 2017 tigers.
Kind of ironic don't ya think?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18358759/played-better-ohio-state-jt-barrett

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: JT Barret

Jul 23, 2018, 9:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 23, 2018, 9:44 AM

Seriously, whats the point in posting something like this? You don't think KB knows 90% of the fan base wants TL to start??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 23, 2018, 10:04 AM

I don't care when TL starts. I just want him to have had enough 'meaningful snaps' that he's ready to ramp it up for the playoff, because KB stepped down for the CFP game, not up.

I don't want to lose another game--of any level--because we didn't have a chance to get a QB ready, when "we can win with any of these guys" so long as we give them ALL the first team reps.

If it takes 900 live game snaps and 2000 first team practice snaps to get a QB ready for the CFP, then make TL the starter now. If it takes less, Dabo should take his time. But if it takes more than that, we're stuck riding our only experienced hand, KB, and hoping he overcomes both the opponent and his own conservative nature.

Jul 23, 2018, 9:55 AM

Very accurate comparison. KB May start but TL must be ready to go by the playoffs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did we have a senior QB lead our Tigers to the playoffs

Jul 23, 2018, 10:42 AM

in 2017?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jul 23, 2018, 11:21 AM

I'm pretty sure Ohio State didn't have a choice but to play Barrett. The backup at the time (Joe Burrow) was only a 4-star, 8th overall rated dual-threat QB (via 247), so nothing special. I think he actually transferred to LSU this season due to lack of playing time. If OSU had an elite QB like TLaw on the bench, I'm not sure Barrett would've played. Just my two cents, though.

Jul 23, 2018, 12:58 PM

1: only a 4 Star, so nothing special. Hahaha
2: pretty sure they also have a couple of 5 stars on the bench one of which being the guy likely to start this year, Dwayne Haskins. I’m familiar with him because Clemson also recruited and offered him out of Maryland. I think what most people didn’t understand about Barrett was his leadership abilities. Obviously not a DW type talent, but he was the glue in the locker room.

I’ve tried to explain this about KB but people seem to have their minds made up. I’d our Oline was better last year, KB would have looked a lot better. I think we will see big improvements this year with the Oline and therefore, Bryant. He’s an experience leader n the locker room. He’s been to the playoff. I’m good with him this year. TL’s time will come.

Re: OLine

Jul 23, 2018, 1:11 PM

Do you want the O Line to be great run blockers or pass blockers? It's rare to do both

Or do you just want to make excuses for whatever decision Kelly makes? Remember the OL in 2016? Would you say it was better or worse than in 2017? Because Kelly scrambled 80% of the time he played behind the 2016 line, too.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic