Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
JOY is the way to peace of mind
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 737

JOY is the way to peace of mind

Jun 3, 2020, 12:57 PM

Coach Dabo said after the 2018 National Championship game that he was being intentional with the word JOY. For him it stood for focusing on and living for JESUS, OTHERS then YOURSELF. For me this is profound wisdom! If I focus on myself first in meeting my needs I will not experience satisfaction. If I put the focus of others needs before my own, I will experience anger, jealousy and lack because I am still focused on the wrong drivers for my happiness. If I focus on Jesus I am assured of being in a better position to experience a JOY of the Spirit. The reason that is important is this:

WE ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS HAVING SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES (GOOD OR BAD) WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS HAVING A HUMAN EXPERIENCE.

The only way I can know this experientially is to cling to the example set by Jesus and focus all my energy and attention on him. This brings me such an overwhelming sense of gratitude that my only response becomes "THANK YOU".

I love you all!

GO TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: JOY is the way to peace of mind

Jun 3, 2020, 1:20 PM

Good post! For me, I always explain Christian joy this way: When a true Christian is on their deathbed, they still can smile and laugh, because they know what will happen next (think little old lady with the family gathering to say goodbye...all cheerful and helping the family, not scared or thinking of herself). Compare this to someone that does not have the joy of Jesus in their heart and on their deathbed...scared, worried, thinking only of themselves.

A Christian can't lose! If they are wrong, then they will never know it after death. If they are right, then heaven!

A non-Christian can't win! They will live their entire life never experiencing the joy mentioned above, and when they die, they have eternal suffering. If they are right, they will never know it!

Christian - win, no lose; Non-Christian - no lose, lose!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 737
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic