Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feel Free To Give This Post A Title (But Please be Civil)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,655

Feel Free To Give This Post A Title (But Please be Civil)

Apr 22, 2020, 5:55 PM

Thursday in Clemson has always been garbage and recycling day at my residence for many, many years. And it is my daughter's responsibility to remind me of that fact. I get the trash and garbage from my bathroom, bedroom and kitchen. The remainder of the house is her responsibility. Well, today I was going to be smart. I had taken care of my area and asked her to gather up the containers in her area of responsibility. Like a good daughter, she did. I took the containers down to the street side. I was swelling with pride that I was on the ball re this garbage and recycling thing.

Later in the morning, my daughter came to me and said, "I brought the garbage and recycling containers back to he garage. This is Wednesday". Right then, I canceled my plans for the evening. I had planned to watch the NFL draft. If tomorrow is Thursday, my garbage is ready to go.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Senility Hurts

Apr 22, 2020, 6:17 PM

I understand, Joe. My recycling is picked up every other week and sometimes I'm a week early (or late). It's aggravating to have to put the can back in the garage and wait for another 7 days.... :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've to believe you've earned a mulligan...

Apr 22, 2020, 6:18 PM

even a small bucket off the first tee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feel Free To Give This Post A Title (But Please be Civil)

Apr 22, 2020, 6:22 PM

Joe, you're not alone. I'm sure we are all have been in this boat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Garbage out, Garbage In”.

Apr 22, 2020, 6:25 PM

How’s that Joseph?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what my Fortran instructor in Engr180 Dr. Harshman

Apr 22, 2020, 6:27 PM

used to say about programming.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Feel Free To Give This Post A Title (But Please be Civil) ]

Yes we have lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Saturday and Sunday are the only two days of the week when

Apr 22, 2020, 6:25 PM

you are retired. Better early on the trash than late!

"The Trashman Commeth...or Not"***

Apr 22, 2020, 6:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"JOE21 MAKES A TRASHY POST!" (That is the liberal

Apr 22, 2020, 6:33 PM

Democratic media title for your post.) :) :) :)

"Daughter does a good deed for senior Dad" is the Non-Clickbait title for your article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "JOE21 MAKES A TRASHY POST!" (That is the liberal

Apr 22, 2020, 7:00 PM

It's like Non 24 Syndrome, being in the hospital and not knowing what time it is or if night and day. The only difference between Wednesday and Thursday in quarantine is the weather if you go outside, what's on TV (with Cable and inet not so much) and what's for dinner!

Joe, I bet half the people in this country don't know what

Apr 22, 2020, 7:14 PM

day of the week it is with this quarantine ####!

Apr 22, 2020, 8:41 PM

What's that old Phil Collins song... "oh! did I miss again?" Here in S'burg it's garbage every Weds, and they come early; recycles every other Thu, and they come later in the day. I can only trust my neighbors on the street and see if they have their can out on the curb, and then I know. Drives me nuts sometimes.

samesies

Apr 22, 2020, 8:48 PM

I feel your pain

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Tip from when I got corrected by a metallurgist

Apr 22, 2020, 8:56 PM

Don't crush the aluminum cans. The tops are a different alloy (maybe 6061) and need to be separated in the recycling process.

Apr 23, 2020, 1:06 PM

Could have been me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,655
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic