Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Danny Ford on Twitter?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Danny Ford on Twitter?

Aug 25, 2013, 1:10 PM

Danny Ford on Twitter?

Clemson's old-school coach is embracing new technology and has joined Twitter as part of the Coaches Cabana, a show he is doing this fall during Clemson football games. What does Ford say about having a smart phone? What will he be doing during the show? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny's right about the second guessing.***

Aug 25, 2013, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah he picked up on that quick.***

Aug 25, 2013, 7:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Danny's right about the second guessing.******

Aug 26, 2013, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Danny's right about the second guessing.*** ]

Navy and orange look good. Never modeled better than

Aug 25, 2013, 1:31 PM

by ol' #23.

That is a tight look.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Navy and orange look good. Never modeled better than

Aug 25, 2013, 2:55 PM

This is not Auburn, and we should have never worn Navy.

But we did wear Navy, for decades and decades....And it

Aug 25, 2013, 3:17 PM

looked GREAT!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But we did wear Navy, for decades and decades....And it

Aug 25, 2013, 3:19 PM

It's not our colors, and we shouldn't have done it. It's not a question of looks.

When I was growing up, our colors were Orange and White...

Aug 25, 2013, 4:10 PM

Used to yell Orange on one side of the Valley, and the other side would yell White...Our Spring Game was the Orange and White game and Iptay's newsletter was the Orange and White... The purple didn't come into play(with a few exceptions) until Tommy got here and and we signed with Nike... Regardless of it's place as an "official" color, purple came into vogue because Nike wanted to sell more gear... Purple being hard to dye or remain colorfast had NOTHING to do with the spring game, the IPTAY newsletter or the cheer we used to do...

Re: When I was growing up, our colors were Orange and White...

Aug 26, 2013, 10:19 AM

Why pick apart the background? Focus on the only Ford ever made worth focusing on. Obviously the pic was chosen for Danny's look. Get past the rest

Re: When I was growing up, our colors were Orange and White...

Aug 26, 2013, 10:31 AM [ in reply to When I was growing up, our colors were Orange and White... ]

Why pick apart the background? Focus on the only Ford ever made worth focusing on. Obviously the pic was chosen for Danny's look. Get past the rest

Purple is a hard color to die and make steadfast for washing

Aug 25, 2013, 3:58 PM [ in reply to But we did wear Navy, for decades and decades....And it ]

ask any old textile man......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Somehow Northwestern and Furman made it work...***

Aug 25, 2013, 4:04 PM

Re: Somehow Northwestern and Furman made it work...***

Aug 26, 2013, 10:04 AM

My Orange/PURPLE roots go all the way back to 1913 when the oldest uncle I knew graduated. I never wore navy & agree completely! Never forget who we are. Be Proud of the True Colors! (So what if it is harder to dye, just makes us more special) Love Coach Ford, can't wait to see what happens with him. I guess now I've got to learn how to use Twitter! RFB Class of '74.

Re: Navy and orange look good. Never modeled better than

Aug 26, 2013, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Navy and orange look good. Never modeled better than ]

Why did Ford wear #23?

I've recently gotten to know Mark Sturgis pretty

Aug 25, 2013, 3:10 PM

well through Mike that owns Smoke On the Water (where Mark does his remote broadcast's from on Thursday's) and sponsors Mark's show. Anyways, Mark and I were talking and he started telling me about this whole deal. Mark said someone from the Greenville News was at the meeting with Mark, Danny, and some other people that are working on getting this whole Twitter thing going, and later that day the guy from the Gville News tweeted that Danny, "Wasn't actually going to be the one writing the tweets". So, this obviously got back to Danny and, to put it nicely, didn't make Danny happy. Dannny said to Mark, " Teach me how to do this d### Twitter thing so I can make this guy look like the a-hole he is!" Danny being Danny....I love it! WWDD LOL! I'll personally start the Danny for president campaign. Love that guy!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've recently gotten to know Mark Sturgis pretty

Aug 25, 2013, 3:57 PM

I'd say Spurrier probably deserves an assist (with his spring SC coaches' clinic) for getting Danny back into Clemson football, LOL.

Spurrier couldn't hold Danny's jockstrap.

Aug 25, 2013, 4:07 PM

IMO, the only thing Danny would ever deserve to give Spurrier is a good country a$$-whipping. LOL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier couldn't hold Danny's jockstrap.

Aug 25, 2013, 4:38 PM

Since Spurrier invited his long time buddy Danny to be the keynote speaker for the coaches clinic in April, the 'powers that be' in the Clemson Athletic Dept. have fallen all over themselves trying to get Coach Ford reconnected. Good! Should have been taken care of long ago, instead of relegating a legendary coach to a sometime guest and often time pariah.

Danny's going in the ROH Saturday or sometime this

Aug 25, 2013, 4:46 PM

year so you're probably correct. Should've happened a long time ago IMO. I just have a hard time seeing Danny hanging out with Spurrier.

Re: Danny's going in the ROH Saturday or sometime this

Aug 25, 2013, 10:10 PM

Yeah, It's kinda strange, Danny and Stevie? Turns out they've been buds since their Clemson/Duke days, and hung around each other quite a bit during the early '90's, when Danny was with the hogs and Stevie was with the gators. I'm sure of one (longneck) thing they had in common, LOL!

I have an extremely credible source who assures me

Aug 26, 2013, 10:13 AM

that Spurrier prefers a wine spritzer. Danny....he'll take a Schlitz guaranteed! I actually found a pic of Danny hanging out with a buddy making fun of Stevie while he had his back turned!

No Disrespect

Aug 25, 2013, 4:06 PM

But why is Danny Ford's background twitter picture from one of the most embarrassing games/seasons in recent history? You can even see we were losing to USF in the background. Maybe change it to a picture from the Chick-Fil-A bowl from last year? I dunno.

Re: No Disrespect

Aug 26, 2013, 10:15 AM

Yeah...or maybe a picture of Death Valley

Aug 26, 2013, 11:09 AM [ in reply to No Disrespect ]

I don't understand at all why they'd use that picture.

GO TIGERS

this is really cool and all

Aug 25, 2013, 5:56 PM

But how long till some usuck fan taunts him?

NEVER thought I'd see the day when old school, country

Aug 26, 2013, 8:54 AM

farmer Danny Ford was on Twitter!!

What's next Danny snapchatting and instagramming??

Just checked it out, he's pimping himself out for

Aug 26, 2013, 9:00 AM

coachescabana. Must be hard up for money.

PURPLE

Aug 26, 2013, 11:33 AM

Orange/White/Purple were ALWAYS the colors of the Clemson I know, going back to the mid '50s, my earliest memories of ball games. Yes, Orange/White was the cheer & newsletter, but according to my father('32), uncles ('13, '24, etc), we are Tigers & that means we were always Orange & White & PURPLE. I never saw a Tiger with white stripes that wasn't a mutation. We always had season tickets to football games including bowl games & my father went as long as he was able. (He had season tickets to usc so he would make sure he never missed a Clemson/Carolina game) Point is, Purple has always been a part of the Clemson culture I knew, saw at games, while attending Clemson, etc. Saying Nike and Tommy are the reason Purple has meaning etc at Clemson is just wrong in my opinion(which isn't worth the price of a free cup of coffee). RFB '74

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic