Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Tajh Boyd launches new blog
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

FB Update: Tajh Boyd launches new blog

Nov 5, 2014, 6:29 PM

Tajh Boyd launches new blog

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Tajh Boyd launches new blog

Nov 5, 2014, 6:43 PM

I wish him the best! He will always be one of the best to ever wear the Paw, IMO. His example and leadership on and off the field were exemplary!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2014, 6:49 PM

I so wish Tajh the best and hope he finds his way soon. He would be a great coach/mentor. The link in the OP didn't work for me so if you can't access from there, try this.

http://www.rolltajh.com/#!First-Blog-Post-/c137b/20075AD9-1071-4DE9-B6F9-2CE7D2FEA822

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's also a spokesman for the new league

Nov 5, 2014, 8:26 PM

http://onlyagame.wbur.org/2014/11/01/fxfl-football-developmental-league

Only player they interviewed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

####, that blog post bummed me out

Nov 5, 2014, 10:13 PM

Poor guy. It does have to suck going from packed stadiums of rabid fans, to a brief stint in the NFL, to paying for your own gear and playing in empty stadiums.

I wish the best for Tajh!

Wow, that was kind of a bummer

Nov 5, 2014, 10:24 PM

I do feel bad for Tajh though. To go from a star QB in this offense, to a very brief life in the NFL and now on the brink of uncertainty. This should be a lesson to ALL of the players at the collegiate level. Your payment is the free education you're receiving. Make the most of it because football won't always be there.

Nov 5, 2014, 11:12 PM

Dang, heart breaks for Tajh!! Did so much for the Tigers - wishing him ALL the success in the world!! Such an awesome young man and player - deserves so much better than this! Tiger Nation loves you Tajh!!

Nov 5, 2014, 11:20 PM

The best part of the post is that his words reveal he is educated. He knocked it out on the field for the tigers. Looks like he took care of it in the classroom as well. His intelligence will carry him beyond the football field. I know if it is 3rd and 2...or the O is on the goal line, let number 10 keep the ball. He took hits that made players like Braxton Miller cry.
On the field, he will always have the memories of DEFEATING the likes of LSU, Georgia, and Ohio State. Sure, we all have our WV scars, but I will ALWAYS remember those 62+ yard td passes to Hopkins or Watkins.
Tajh, thanks for being a tiger. We are proud of you - no matter where life takes you!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Tajh Doesn't make the Pro, Make him a Coach...

Nov 6, 2014, 7:01 AM

Spread offenses are the norm of college Football and if Tajh cannot make the NFL then a man of his character and education would hopefully make him a coach.

It may not be a sexy as the NFL to begin with but Tajh does know Chad's system and could go to a lot of places to pass on what he knows.

Perhaps when Chad gets the call to move on to his Head Coaching job either he or Jeff Scott who I think will be the next OC here would give him a position job to see if he has the chops.

Tajh has given so much to Clemson and continues to do so and I hope Clemson gives back in some way he he needs help.

Frankly, Dabo owes a heck of a lot of his personal success to people like Tajh. Tajh probably had a better chance of getting drafted after the LSU game but rolled the dice and stayed another year. Sure he did it in part to better his skills, but I am sure Dabo wasn't pushing him to the next level either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: If Tajh Doesn't make the Pro, Make him a Coach...

Nov 6, 2014, 7:17 AM

Agree 1000000%.

This may be a crazy thought

Nov 6, 2014, 9:00 AM [ in reply to If Tajh Doesn't make the Pro, Make him a Coach... ]

but if Tahj cannot make it as a pro, what if Dabo hired him to work with CM to get him the aspect as a coach? I think he would make a great offensive coordinator and qb coach.

Just a note

Nov 6, 2014, 9:01 AM

I mean that as in next year because I'm not sure how much longer we can keep CM and Tahj could be a knockout OC.

Tajh Boyd

Nov 6, 2014, 7:13 AM

Tajh Boyd will always be a super star at clemson . He has an education and he can make it just fine in the world. Perry tutle (I know miss spelled) never made it big in the NFL but is a bright star to us. To make it in the NFL maybe a dream of tajh. But to tiger fans he already made it big.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2014, 7:15 AM

Wow. Tajh is such a good man and represented Clemson University in the best light possible. I really hope that his dreams come true and he finds success in whatever he does, whether that is football or elsewhere.

I've never really read what the NFL's major problem with him

Nov 6, 2014, 7:34 AM

is. Anyone know what his shortcomings are from an NFL perspective? I would figure he's at least as capable as some of these crappy backups that are making NFL squads.

Re: I've never really read what the NFL's major problem with him

Nov 6, 2014, 7:38 AM

He is better than what they have now on the team that drafted him. I thought he could have used a little more time in the system.

Welcome to the Real World

Nov 6, 2014, 9:02 AM

As much as I enjoyed watching Tajh play, I kind of sense a little bewilderment on his part. He's now experiencing what 99.9% of what people go through every day. Don't get me wrong, but are we to feel sorry for him? Maybe football is not in his future and it may be time to pit that degree to work. I'm just saying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree - We Should Feel Sorry

Nov 6, 2014, 9:12 AM

99.9% of us have not experienced success at the highest levels of college football only to take several steps back to wallow in mediocrity. In layman's terms, 99.9% of us have not experienced success at super high levels to only lose your job and have your salary reduced by probably 70%. Yes, economy had hit some, but not the vast majority. Yes, you DO feel sorry for him just as we would feel sorry for any American that suffers a career set back.

Re: Welcome to the Real World

Nov 7, 2014, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Welcome to the Real World ]

It's really selfish for you to say that. Yes, we should try to lift him up.

Use the contact button and send him a note. Here's mine...

Nov 6, 2014, 10:55 AM

I'm an old man now, but I grew up in the shadows of Memorial Stadium and have loved the Tigers (especially, as most, football) my entire life. I had all but given up on the Tigers ever returning to their former glory. Normally I was always on the sidelines for games, but on one rare occasion I had the opportunity to sit in the stands with my mom. It was a couple years before you arrived and we had been teased with returning to greatness. After once again being brought back to reality by that game, I remember distinctly turning to her and saying, "I don't think we will ever be back" and I gave up hope. You helped change that and I am forever grateful.

You were also a part of something much more important and very personal to me and my family. I am sure you aren't even aware. It was November 12, 2011 and you threw a touchdown pass to Brandon Ford (his first) to spark a come from behind victory over Wake Forrest. I had literally just put my father in the ground and was standing by the grave site listening to the game with friends and family. What you don't know is Brandon was a friend of the family and had promised us on Thursday that he would catch a touchdown for my dad that Saturday. I could never explain it, but it touched all of our hearts immensely and it would not have happened without you.

It saddens me to know you have felt the pangs of the disease known as depression as I too have dealt with the same at various times throughout my 50 years. That day Brandon caught the pass was just something else you did on the field, but it touched the lives of so many in a way that has nothing to do with the game of football. I have followed you on and off the field and I am sure that I am not alone with the way I feel about you as a person. You have been a shining example to so many about what it means to be a man, not just a football player. If I had a son, I would surely hope that he would emulate you. While you are a great football player, I think you are an even better man.
I know this has kind of been all over the place, but it is from the heart. Keep your head up and continue to be a shining light.

While I hope and pray that you will return to the NFL and have your day in the sun, there will eventually be new chapters in your life regardless. Just keep being the MAN you have been and you will have untold treasures in heaven for the positive influence you have been for so many of us.

Click here to read Gabi's Story

Re: Use the contact button and send him a note. Here's mine...

Nov 7, 2014, 9:43 PM

Great post! +1. Also, I used to live over in the Wando area and know some of Brandon Ford's family as well. I don't know all of them, but there's some good guys over there. I've hung out with him a few times and he's also a great kid, and sadly another guy putting in time in this FXL league to try and get back in the NFL. I really hate seeing some of our stars struggling like this.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic