Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney announces new Clemson coaching roles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney announces new Clemson coaching roles

Dec 13, 2019, 5:28 PM

Dabo Swinney announces new Clemson coaching roles

Clemson coach announced the new coaching titles on Friday after practice. After 's departure for USF as head coach, is now the sole coach with an offensive coor Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney announces new Clemson coaching roles

Dec 13, 2019, 5:39 PM

I like the youth emphasis Dabo brings to his staff. He has worked with these young men for several years and knows their potential not only as a position coach but how they fit into the entire program. Being able to relate to prospects is an important part of recruiting and I believe these young men fit the mold that Dabo has established for his staff.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree Joe21

Dec 13, 2019, 5:47 PM

It's about relationships! You have to get people in who "relate to people"! Who know how to make a recruit feel welcomed. And genuinely mean it.

I like it - hopefully they picked up some things from Coach Scott as far as offense and football in general. As well as of course, life.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes sir.

Dec 13, 2019, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney announces new Clemson coaching roles ]

Now that Dabo has established the culture, cultural fit is important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 13, 2019, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney announces new Clemson coaching roles ]

I believe I heard Dabo say he had know Grisham since he was in the second grade and coming to Bama camps. He also mentioned Jeff Scott always exceeded expectations. Came early and stayed late plus did more than he had to. He had told him he would be the first guy he hired if he ever became Head Coach and he was.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 12:28 PM

Jeff was our WR coach I believe that help bring the WRU tag to our Clemson Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney announces new Clemson coaching roles ]

The man always has a plan!

I've never heard of a passing game coordinator

Dec 13, 2019, 5:44 PM

What does that mean? (I'm sure it's not new just new to me)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It means Street get a raise, but won't be making the same

Dec 13, 2019, 5:50 PM

as TE.

Re: I've never heard of a passing game coordinator

Dec 13, 2019, 5:51 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

I just hope Streeter is ok with this? As long as compensation is good, I guess it doesn't really matter. Just a title anyway.

Dec 13, 2019, 6:04 PM

Streeter is probably the next O coordinator

Dec 13, 2019, 6:53 PM

If he is good with some made up position, lets all hope that he isn't the next OC, and if he was, would we ever recruit another RB!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 8:37 PM

It's not some made up position. Schools all over the country have pass and run game coordinators.

Dec 14, 2019, 12:35 PM

Just a day or so ago is the very first time I've ever heard of that coaching position, and I have been a college FB fan for a very long time. But I will admit, that I have never searched no other teams coaching tree to see what coaching positions they have but, a PGC- Passing Game Coordinator, I have never heard about in my 57 years as a college FB fan, and that's just the truth!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 10:40 AM

The guy being given all of the credit for LSU's offensive turnaround is not their offensive coordinator but their passing game coordinator.

The guy from LSU is the first one I have ever heard talked about nationally but it is not a new made up title.

Dec 14, 2019, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

it is not a made up position a lot of other schools have the passing game coordinator position look at Lsu and joe brady I think that work out well for them.

Dec 14, 2019, 12:43 PM

You are 100% correct, but it's the first for me, and now I wonder if this is where Dabo got this idea/position from. And I apologize for accusing Dabo of making the position up!!!

https://tigerbait.com/lsu-football/staff

Tommy West did it over 2 decades ago here***

Dec 16, 2019, 3:38 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 5:55 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

I'd assume that's to coordinate between the QB coach and the WR coach to be sure they are moving in the same direction.

Dec 13, 2019, 6:58 PM

Well is this a sign that Dabo isn't all that comfortable with his WR hire of Tyler Grisham?

Dec 14, 2019, 7:37 AM

no it means he wants brandon and tyler to have the quarterbacks and wrs on the same page when it comes to the passing game.

Dec 14, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

You guys are missing the point. Streator does not have a title of “passing game coordinator”. Dabo merely used that phrase to describe what he does in response to a question about Streator being elevated. Streeter’s basic title is not changing. He is the quarterbacks coach. It was naïve to assume there would ever be a continuation of the Co-coordinator roles once either Scott or Elliot left the program. It was quite obvious to me that whoever was the last man standing would be the sole coordinator when the other one left. The co-coordinator situation was very specific to Scott and Elliot, but likely will not be used again in the near future. Making anyone a co-coordinator right now would be a great way to alienate Coach Elliot, which is the last thing we would need.

Dec 14, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

You guys are missing the point. Streator does not have a title of “passing game coordinator”. Dabo merely used that phrase to describe what he does in response to a question about Streator being elevated. Streeter’s basic title is not changing. He is the quarterbacks coach. It was naïve to assume there would ever be a continuation of the Co-coordinator roles once either Scott or Elliot left the program. It was quite obvious to me that whoever was the last man standing would be the sole coordinator when the other one left. The co-coordinator situation was very specific to Scott and Elliot, but likely will not be used again in the near future. Making anyone a co-coordinator right now would be a great way to alienate Coach Elliot, which is the last thing we would need.

same role as Joe Brady

Dec 13, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

but with better results

Dec 13, 2019, 6:09 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

Passing coordinator/quarterback coach....???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 7:38 AM

yes passing game coordinator and quarterback coach

Dec 13, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

its a very common title. many team have a "run game" and a "passing game" coord. even some D staffs will have the same. some one is still the alpha dog, if from nothing else than the force of their personality. Just my opinion, but i felt tony was slightly more "in charge" than Jeff. and that's certainly not a knock at jeff. might be 60/40, might be 51/49. the $$ that come with a title are certainly nice, but the key is the working relationship between the guys. this staff was done an unbelievable job of checking their egos and working for a greater good.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 6:49 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

Me and you both have never in all of our years ever heard of such foolishness. That there is what you call inventing a job bc you have nothing else to offer. Just what happens to the generational QB's coach that ever team has. A passing game coordinator, HMMMMMMMM!!!!

Dec 13, 2019, 7:29 PM

I bet you had never heard of RPO’s either in all your years until they became a dominant force in offenses. Has Dabo ever given a reason to doubt his decision making (outside of keeping Billy Napier lol)? As offenses are becoming more complex and specialized, so is the way they have to planned and implemented. A PGC is just a part of the overall gameplan of the OC.

Dec 13, 2019, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

Most of us were taken aback with the 2 OCs thing as well. Here we are competing for our 3rd Natty in 4 years. Let’s give it a shot!

I wasn't saying that at all. I just wondered what a

Dec 14, 2019, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

passing coordinator does. I would never second guess Dabo in anything football related.

Dec 13, 2019, 7:20 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

Joe Brady is LSU’s PGC and has gotten ALL of the credit for Joe Burrow’s season...hell, he just won the Broyles Award. It is exactly what it sounds like. He focuses on the strengths/weaknesses of the passing game and how it fits into the overall offensive gameplan.

Dec 13, 2019, 7:22 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

It’s the same title that LSU gave Joe Brady (Who is apparently the best thing since sliced bread for college football) when they brought him in to spice up their offense.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

I thought he was already handling the QBs, aren't they the passers, so is it just a title but no change? And he's giving up the recruiting title too.

yeah hes giving up recruiting coordinator for his new

Dec 14, 2019, 7:56 AM

responsibilities as passing coordinator. Dabo said in his interview yesterday that the recruiting coordinator is a go between for the football staff and the head of recruiting just to make sure they are on the same page

Hopefully a passing game coordinator will be able to figure

Dec 16, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to I've never heard of a passing game coordinator ]

out how to attack the middle of the field instead of relying on either the flats or the deep ball

Re: Hopefully a passing game coordinator will be able to figure

Dec 16, 2019, 3:55 PM

YEP UTTLES, THE CURRENT STAFF HAS NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING. JUST PLEASE SLITHER BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 6:21 PM

I'll stick with original prediction. Our next head coach will be Hunter Renfrow. Won't be soon, but there will be a series of hires and events that leads to HR being the man. Maybe around 2035.

Not sure I'll still be around, but you can tell me I was right either way at that time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Gotta Disagree....

Dec 13, 2019, 6:29 PM

I think Christian Wilkins will be our next head coach in say 12 to 15 years .

HR would be a good choice but I just think Christian could carry on Dabo's legacy seamlessly .

Re: Expect Boulware To Make His Impact At Some Point***

Dec 13, 2019, 6:38 PM

guys that make a lot of money in the nfl usually don't

Dec 14, 2019, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney announces new Clemson coaching roles ]

become coaches. Nobody on our staff was drafted in the NFL and Grisham and Deandre McDaneil the only ones that played in the NFL (I think)

Did I read this right in saying that Scott

Dec 13, 2019, 7:00 PM

Will be with us through the playoffs?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Did I read this right in saying that Scott

Dec 13, 2019, 7:14 PM

jsebe10® said:

Will be with us through the playoffs?

Yep

Yep, Scott will meet up with the team

Dec 13, 2019, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Did I read this right in saying that Scott ]

in Arizona.

Until then, he'll his program off the grounds and Clemson coaching staff will handle getting the team prepared.

Re: Yep, Scott will meet up with the team

Dec 13, 2019, 8:42 PM

That’s pretty d@mm awesome.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

No he will be back after signing day next week

Dec 14, 2019, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Yep, Scott will meet up with the team ]

when we will be in a dead period anyway. USF got a two for one, Brad Scott can do a lot for him during the transition.

Dec 13, 2019, 8:42 PM

I’m thinking Streeter will be the on field coach and TE will remain in the box calling the plays. Nice dynamic!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is exactly what I thought would happen

Dec 13, 2019, 9:12 PM

Elliott sole OC with Streeter named passing game coordinator.

The interesting part will be the recruiting angle and who takes on that recruiting coordinator role.

Re: This is exactly what I thought would happen

Dec 14, 2019, 7:41 AM

I think tyler grisham will not only be the wr coach but recruiting coordinator as well

Dec 14, 2019, 9:27 AM

I trust Dabo's decisions!

I'm glad Jeff and Brad are not hanging around during the

Dec 14, 2019, 9:33 AM

playoffs. You can't be All In if you're thinking about another job.

Jeff will be our WR coach during the playoffs

Dec 14, 2019, 12:45 PM

his dad is staying down in Florida working for him at USF. Jeff will go back to Florida after the playoffs.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:21 AM

Proud of my son Kyle on his promotion ; Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 12:25 PM

I don't know Streeter personally as a QB coach, but it appears that he has gotten TL on track after a little shaky start with the Int's. I saw all of Streeter's games as a Clemson QB, and I think that he was a good QB during his time as player, and as long as he is getting paid a top QB coach salary, I think that he should be OK with that. If I was a QB coach and was getting paid well for doing a good job, I just don't think that I would want a name tag put on me just bc there wasn't an actual coordinator position open for me. That's just me, and I don't know what that passing game coordinator thing is really about unless, a position coach has to be a coordinator before they can get a better salary, and in that case, pin another name tag on me.

Just saying bc it does sound like one of those dang if you do, or dang if you don't kind of things. But it would seem that Tony could have had total control over the offence with the top OC pay, and just make Streeter an assistant coordinator to Tony, and that would fit IMO better than a passing game coordinator that sounds to be a made up position just to please your QB coach but, with most teams, there is a OC and DC without CO added to either position. I most definitely can see Tony not wanting to have another Coordinator added bc with him being the only OC, it opens the door for more money to be available for his job and position that is competitive with most OC jobs bc, the Chad was making more bucks than Tony and Jeff bc the two of them had about already maxed out the money allocated for the OC position, and if Dabo would have made Streeter a co offensive coordinator, Tony would have more than likely taken another job somewhere else bc that is what most sensible coaches would have done with a continued spit of the money for an OC!!!

Streeter will be our next OC. TE will not be staying around

Dec 14, 2019, 12:47 PM

much longer. As soon as the right job comes around, he is gone. He is ready to be a bigtime head coach and has done a lot for us.

Dec 19, 2019, 10:35 AM

Congrats to Tony. Complete confidence in him. Just hope he stays around a while!

Stuck in PA

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic