Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN analyst on Clemson's Alabama blowout: 'Let’s stop with the excuses'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN analyst on Clemson's Alabama blowout: 'Let’s stop with the excuses'

Jul 11, 2019, 9:01 PM

ESPN analyst on Clemson's Alabama blowout: 'Let’s stop with the excuses'

Excuses made by people defending Alabama after its 44-16 loss to Clemson in January reached a breaking point for one ESPN analyst on Thursday. Former LSU defens Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN analyst on Clemson's Alabama blowout: 'Let’s stop with the excuses'

Jul 11, 2019, 9:11 PM

It's about TIME!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN analyst on Clemson's Alabama blowout: 'Let’s stop with the excuses'

Jul 11, 2019, 9:42 PM

I like Booger. Also, LSU is my favorite SEC team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to the video

Jul 12, 2019, 6:05 PM

https://twitter.com/PeetePigskin/status/1149417005713428480

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 11, 2019, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN analyst on Clemson's Alabama blowout: 'Let’s stop with the excuses' ]

Lovin’ Me some Booger!! About time, is right!! Go Tigers!

Jul 12, 2019, 2:17 PM

That’s the only time I ever heard booger say a good thing about Clemson. Now y’all love him ?? Lol

Jul 15, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN analyst on Clemson's Alabama blowout: 'Let’s stop with the excuses' ]

I wish we could play Alabama as our season opener...in Tuscaloosa...with our second and third string. Then Georgia twixt the hedges for our second game...same again. Then LSU away, then Auburn away...just run through the entire SEC top 5 ranked teams on the road for our first 5 games.

Shut up all the analysts and naysayers.

Then again, having that chip on your shoulder that you constantly have to prove yourself always keeps that carrot just out of reach and keeps you hungry.

Either way, why can't college football be a year round sport???? START ALREADY!!!! I'm PUMPED!!

I've never been a "Booger" fan . . .

Jul 11, 2019, 9:20 PM

but he has escalated up my approval ladder!!!

Not that my ladder is special to anyone . . . but me.

From one Tiger to another, "Thank you Booger!"!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never been a "Booger" fan . . .

Jul 11, 2019, 9:40 PM

I have been under rating Booger too, but he is obviously smarter than the rest of the big mouths. Clemson outplayed, outcoached, and was in better condition than Bama.

I watched a lot of football last year and many replays since, and in my opinion, the Tigers were the best conditioned team in college football. You don't see our players falling down to get rest breaks a half dozen times during a game like our opponents do.

Georgia, FSU, the coots, Louisville, and many others were poorly conditioned teams last year. All of their OLs could do Michelin commercials with the spare tires around their bellies.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:01 PM

It's the depth that our coaches develop during the course of the season, and it showed out during the playoffs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2019, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I've never been a "Booger" fan . . . ]

I'm not sure if our team is really that much better conditioned than our opponents, but that is at least what it looks like. My guess would be that it has much more to do with the way that Dabo and the coaches limit the playing time of the starters by letting 60-70 players get reps each and every week. Even in a close game (close by the standards of 2018 Clemson football at least), there were always 50+ players getting meaningful reps. David Hood did a good article on that earlier this summer (perhaps earlier).

The most telling comparison to me is that during the regular season, during Alabama's closest game, they played a total of 44 players. During our closest game we played considerably more. I don't have the exact numbers handy, but that is the bottom line. No matter how well one of these 18-22 year olds is conditioned, at least some of their bodies are bound to break down over the course of a long season if they play too many plays.

Developing depth the way that Dabo does will of course provide us with more consistency if and when a player goes down with an injury and early in the season after losing a bunch of starters. The less obvious benefits to that approach are the way that it allows all of our starters to be well rested throughout the season and the way that it can be used as a recruiting pitch to other potential players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2019, 9:36 PM

ESPN has college football fans reeled in as WWE (whatever wrestling crap) has done in the past. They send Rick Flair (Paul Finebaum for example) out to stir the waters and wait a couple of days to send someone out with rational thoughts. And all the while, they make tons of $$$’s.

Jul 12, 2019, 7:38 AM

I like how you refer to Rick Flare, the guy with million dollar hair, and then say for example, Paul Finnebaum, the guy with the shiny bald head.

Boom Booger Boom***

Jul 11, 2019, 10:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read an article today that claimed Tua was injured ...

Jul 11, 2019, 10:37 PM

Regarding his NFL prospects, the article said,“Look at how he played against Oklahoma prior to his injury that hindered his throwing motion.” I think it was a Sports Illustrated article.

This is the first I’ve heard of any injury.

He may have been hurt, but I think it was in the posterior due to getting handled by our defense.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be truthful, in 2019 game Bama was Not as good Defensively as they were in 2017 game..

Jul 11, 2019, 11:34 PM

while Clemson was 0ffensively better in the 2016 (close loss), 2017 (win) & of course in 2019 game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be truthful, in 2019 game Bama was Not as good Defensively as they were in 2017 game..

Jul 12, 2019, 6:08 PM

It's certainly true that the 2018 Bama defense was far from the record setting 2016 defense, but it was still a legitimate top 10 defense, perhaps top 5. I personally would put our 2018 and 2016 offense on the same level even though the 2018 offense did break numerous Clemson records for an offense.

However, even after admitting that Bama's team last year was a step below the other recent Bama teams on defense, they more than made up for there slight step back on defense by having an offense that was light years ahead of Saban's other Bama teams. Our 2018 defense was probably a little better than our 2016 defense as well.

As bad as we beat Alabama last year, I still think it was completely fair for pundits and analysts to be discussing that team in the conversation as one of the best teams of all-time. Even after the 28 point loss, I still think they are probably the best team to ever come up short in a national championship. That just means that the 2018 Clemson team that destroyed one of the best teams in history is at the top of the mountain as the very best team of all-time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you get the nickname booger

Jul 12, 2019, 2:05 AM

yes, he was that kid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally! Thank you Booger.

Jul 12, 2019, 2:36 AM

I've often been using the term "spell." Of course I don't literally mean someone cast a spell on the talking heads. But that's what it's like. Even if Clemson had scored 88 points to 16, so many of these "experts" keep looking what fluky thing happened to cause Alabama to lose. Listen to Booger. They got beat by a better team. Get over it!

They’ve already made new Kool-aid!

Jul 12, 2019, 5:00 AM

It’s started already! The disrespect tour is already starting! Most of the talking heads are drinking the Bama Kool-aid. Meanwhile, Dabo just reloads. Booger is the only one not wearing Bama rose colored glasses, drinking Bama red kool-aid! They are picking Bama to edge us out with the revenge factor playing a huge role. Oh, PLEAAAASE! Justin Ross just scored AGAIN! ROFL! Roll ### Tigers! Hahahaha!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2019, 7:51 AM

With Brando's and Booger's comments both on the same show, did FineBomb's head explode? Here's hoping it did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2019, 10:39 AM

Booger...you just made my Xmas card list!

Admiral! We have enemy ships in sector 47!

Jul 12, 2019, 12:17 PM

It's a trap!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2019, 1:04 PM

Way to put it straight Booger!!

They ganged up on poor ol' Paul......ewwww....

Jul 12, 2019, 1:10 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOGER! He's not just for breakfast anymore.

Jul 13, 2019, 11:22 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We embarrassed them !

Jul 14, 2019, 11:36 PM

Booger told it like it is Clemson University lined up and kicked Alabama 's butt ! Pure and simple.

Jul 15, 2019, 12:24 AM

ESPN is playing you guys that are jumping on the Booger bandwagon. It's no different than the old LOUser Holtz and Mark Mayes duo that always seemed to differ on everything. You will obviously differ with one of them, and agree with the other. They are playing BOTh sides. Can you guys not see that? CLEMSON needs to start a new class called "Common Sense 101".

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic