Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've learned alot on Tnet since the game ended yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I've learned alot on Tnet since the game ended yesterday

Oct 12, 2014, 7:57 AM

I've learned:

In spite of having idiots for coaches, we won the game
In spite of losing our starting phenom QB in 1st quarter, we won the game
In spite of having a backup qb incapable of anything positive, we won the game
In spite of our special teams sucking, they were critical in us winning the game
In spite of horrible coaching decisions in red zone, we won the game
In spite of Dabo, we won the game (just for you poker)

In spite of all the obstacles, our players and coaches found a way to send a ver talented Louisville team (especially defense) home with a loss.

And some of you still believe Dabo hasn't built a solid program?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've learned alot on Tnet since the game ended yesterday

Oct 12, 2014, 8:05 AM

Don't listen to the negative. Clemson has a great program, great coaches and awesome players. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 8:12 AM

Agreed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 8:10 AM

I've also learned that some of our fans have become spoiled and arrogant. They have become cruel and critical in the constant criticism of players and coaches they deem no good. I've also learned that this team is special, they learned how to win a game in the trenches, that makes for great teams. I'm proud to be a Tiger today but not of the very vocal and hyper-critical minority and their constant drumbeat of doom.

Oct 12, 2014, 8:15 AM

yea. I heard a couple of our fans booing Stoudt. WE DONT DO THAT AT CLEMSON! I was unhappy.

you realize there was more than a couple in Gamecock gear in the stands?***

Oct 12, 2014, 8:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 12, 2014, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I've learned alot on Tnet since the game ended yesterday ]

I attended last week's game with my Uncle and when Stoudt went in the 1st haft no one booed. Heard some groans and my Uncle leaned asked what are they doing that for. I and a few the section clapped.

My thinking is how else can Stoudt improve if there's not any game film to study?

Oct 12, 2014, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I've learned alot on Tnet since the game ended yesterday ]

like it or not, there are a few exceptions to the class of Clemson fans in general. I hear it every game I go to.

Some of it is attributable to alcohol but, as we all know, idiots come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I learned some people are way crazier

Oct 12, 2014, 9:03 AM

Than I thought

Execution on defense = A+. Not so much on offense..

Oct 12, 2014, 9:06 AM

This is not new. When we play the weak defenses, our execution on offense looks phenomenal. When we play the tough teams, we stall. I, and many others, still contend that the root cause is the O line. My hat is off the Venables, and lord I hope we can keep him.

Oct 12, 2014, 9:08 AM

Nice post.

Still can't believe they went for that 4th down on our 40...

Oct 12, 2014, 9:12 AM

You can't possibly think that was a good idea with as little as we were moving the ball and as great as our defense was playing.

Heck, we probably had a better shot of pinning them deep and scoring on defense than we did if we had GOTTEN the 1st down and still had go to another 60 yards to score.

Not to mention the actual call on the 4th down play...SMH.

You absolutely can win in spite of mistakes...there were plenty on both sides yesterday. However, it's still fair to call a spade a spade. That was a dumb call. Really dumb.

Re: Still can't believe they went for that 4th down on our 40...

Oct 12, 2014, 10:53 AM

I never said I thought that was a good idea. My point with the entire post is that we overcame ALL of the adversity to win this game. Some of it brought upon by coaching and players.

I personally would've played to my defense in that specific situation.

JUST WIN BABY!!!***

Oct 12, 2014, 9:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic