Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s true – coots hire “toughness couch” to reverse decades
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,922

It’s true – coots hire “toughness couch” to reverse decades

Oct 15, 2018, 10:04 AM

of sports futility because their teams obviously lack mental and physical toughness. On his first day, the toughness coach calls a meeting of the entire Athletics Department. He strides into the room carrying a large wooden crate under his massive arm and places it on a table at the front. The box shakes violently as an enraged, vicious animal tries to tear its way out. The toughness coach glares at the audience and says “My job is to turn you pompous, effete, soft, spineless sycophants into leaders of college athletes by showing you how to inspire mental and physical toughness in the athletes you coach.” He pries open the box and jabs the creature inside to enrage it even more. He then leans his body over the box. The audience gasps as a 30-lb alligator snapping turtle lunges at the toughness coach and clamps down on his crotch and doesn’t let go. The toughness coach, with only a slight grimace of his jaw giving away his immense pain, moves away from the table so everyone could see him with the turtle dangling between his legs. He then recites the entire “Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner” in perfect iambic pentameter. The audience is stunned at this display of mental and physical toughness. The toughness coach waddles back to the table, grabs a pencil and chews off the end. Leaning over the crate again, he gouges the turtle in the eye until it releases its grip and falls back into the crate, still thrashing violently. With cold, steely eyes the toughness coach runs his gaze over the assembled crowd and snarls. “Who is ready to demonstrate the mental and physical toughness it takes to lead championship sport teams?” No one raises their hand. Finally, he notices a puffy-faced, coach in the back of the room. He booms “you, in the back, are you ready to take the first step towards athletic greatness?” The puffy-faced coach stands up and begs “No please, please not me”. The Toughness Coach just glares at him. Intimidated, the puffy-faced coach finally said “OK, OK, just don’t poke me in the eye with that darn pencil”.

Yes, the story is true (metaphorically).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s true – coots hire “toughness couch” to reverse decades

Oct 15, 2018, 10:12 AM

Sitting on a toughness couch will not work!

Oct 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

Should be "coach" - I need to spell better

Oct 15, 2018, 10:48 AM

Just joking. No one does it more often than I do. I guess those ole midevil boards with the spikes would be a real toughness couch! Maybe our friends in Columbia could try that!

Medieval

Oct 15, 2018, 11:02 AM

For the spell checkers among us.

Oct 15, 2018, 10:48 AM

Ha! Classic.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,922
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive