Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time for fans and administration to care
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,566

It's time for fans and administration to care

Mar 10, 2016, 7:36 AM

Clemson fans and the administration have never cared about basketball. As long as football and baseball were strong, basketball was never paid attention to.
That has to change if this program can ever get out of mediocrity.
Hopefully, the baseball team is headed toward a resurgence with a long-needed coaching change. But the basketball program is never going to do anything until people care and put pressure on the administration to step up and care and make changes when they need to be made.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's time for fans and administration to care

Mar 10, 2016, 7:39 AM

write the AD. Even if he doesn't respond he will be flooded my emails and get the point...

Mar 10, 2016, 7:42 AM

Maybe we can get a coach who can teach his players to flop as well as GT and some of the other powerhouse programs!

Mar 10, 2016, 8:01 AM

> Maybe we can get a coach who can teach his players to
> flop as well as GT and some of the other powerhouse
> programs!

DO NOT say GT is a powerhouse program because they are not, they are a so so program, just like we are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2016, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: It's time for fans and administration to care ]

I feel like Clemson basketball the way I did Clemson baseball with Leggett. It's time for a change. Wish him well and go get a real head coach.
Remember all those folks who said, "If we fire Leggett who can we get?"
Hmmm.

That makes too much sense.***

Mar 10, 2016, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: It's time for fans and administration to care ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 10, 2016, 8:02 AM

Both men and women's basketball programs are in shambles. They will need to start winning games to fill up the seats and pay the bills for Littlejohn Colosseum's renovation. Both programs can start fresh by ditching losers Brad Brownell and Audra Smith.

Fans do care. Time for a quality peoduct.**

Mar 10, 2016, 8:02 AM

nm

Got to figure out what is left over after we pay Dabo

Mar 10, 2016, 8:03 AM

Dabo's contract is the first priority

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That line of thinking is why we suck at basketball.

Mar 13, 2016, 10:34 PM

You give Dabo a competitive salary and the facilities he needs, but you don't do it at the expense of basketball. You should underfund the sports that don't make money (everything but football and basketball) before you take away from basketball. That's common sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That line of thinking is why we suck at basketball.

Mar 13, 2016, 11:03 PM

If the ACC ever puts a TV network in place which produces revenue Clemson would obviously benefit. Clemson certainly can devote more funds to Basketball.

I'm sick and tired of hearing that it's the fans faults

Mar 10, 2016, 8:33 AM

for mediocrity....give the fans a reason to come....quit falling apart down the stretch. The fans showed up big time in Greenville this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sick and tired of hearing that it's the fans faults

Mar 13, 2016, 9:47 PM

I'm not blaming the fans. I'm saying it's time for the fans to demand more and the administration to care enough to listen.

The fans do care and aren't the problem.**

Mar 13, 2016, 9:54 PM

nm

Re: The fans do care and aren't the problem.**

Mar 13, 2016, 10:02 PM

They need to care enough to put pressure on the administration to care more. That's my point.

Re: The fans do care and aren't the problem.**

Mar 13, 2016, 10:23 PM

I am quite disappointed after multiple seasons with the "state" of both programs. Having followed Tiger BB since Tates Locke, I am ready for a much stronger commitment than in years past. Drad and the trustees need to make an immediate change or demand an NCAA season or else out of the current staff for the men's program. The women's program needs at least two seasons back in LJ before an assessment can really occur.

Go Tigers!

The fans don't care enough though.

Mar 13, 2016, 10:33 PM [ in reply to The fans do care and aren't the problem.** ]

Basketball can't be a distant second (or third, if you talk to the handful of hardcore baseball fans). Yes, football is first, but basketball better be a priority also or we can't expect to be a winning program.

It also makes good financial sense to put more money into basketball, because it is the only other program besides football to make a profit. From that perspective, football and basketball should get everything they need before the money losing sports like baseball, soccer, golf, track, crew, etc. get anything.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,566
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic