Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting comment thread on Reddit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,286

Interesting comment thread on Reddit

Mar 10, 2020, 11:01 PM

can't find a lot to disagree on with a lot of these people. It does seem weird that a writer from CBS wonders why attendance is so low, when they should want more people watching on tv. Conferences get all this money from tv stations, then raise ticket prices and wonder why attendance is dropping.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/fgfi49/college_football_must_innovate_as_fbs_attendance/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All games on TV now + rising ticket prices + lots more to occupy people’s attention these days

Mar 10, 2020, 11:29 PM

equals declining attendance.

We are the best football program in the nation right now and we don’t sell out every game. I can only imagine the challenge the average-to-decent programs have when it comes to attendance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Interesting comment thread on Reddit

Mar 11, 2020, 12:38 AM

It didn't take long for someone to make this statement( Students at some schools end up paying thousands in extra fees to support expensive athletic programs such as football.)

I guess no one ever told them that FB programs pay for themselves, even for the price of the education that these athletes get for free, that it all comes from the athletic program bank account!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the ticket price and

Mar 11, 2020, 5:51 AM

The opponent. The disconnect between the two affirms the lack of 'value'. Tail-gating may be great, but it's not enough to warrant the drive and cost of tickets for games that will be decided before the first quarter ends.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's the ticket price and

Mar 11, 2020, 6:30 AM

Not to mention the time of the games. Day games in September and night games in November make no sense

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gotta say - even as a diehard Death Valley Junkie....

Mar 11, 2020, 8:55 AM

to have the ability to switch over to a Georgia/Auburn game when Clemson is blowing out Wofford 54-0 in the 2nd Half is really tempting

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: I gotta say - even as a diehard Death Valley Junkie....

Mar 11, 2020, 8:59 AM

Georgia games are high entertainment to seek out .
Why just last year I watched them once again and quite unexpectedly give hope to the most desperate and long suffering fanbase on the CFB scene ... their own ;)

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

And the comments on the momentum killing TV timeouts

Mar 11, 2020, 9:12 AM

are 100% spot on

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,286
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic