Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its stuff like today that makes me embarrassed for our fans.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Its stuff like today that makes me embarrassed for our fans.

Nov 19, 2014, 12:42 PM

The entire reason Dabo had to comment on the question about Cole Stoudt is because of idiot Clemson "fans" on this board and other social media claiming they were going to Boo him when he ran down the Hill on Senior Day. That, in and of itself, is embarrassing. No college football coach should have to answer that question. They shouldn't have to address the subject of Booing players from the media, from our football team, and probably most importantly from recruits. Can you imagine a recruit asking one of our coaches "Is it true Clemson fans boo players when they have a bad game?" I don't know if I could answer that one.

I sure as he!! know none of our fans are perfect but it feels like the 1000 or so with the lowest IQ all jump on a ridiculous bandwagon and run with it. Cole Stoudt is the 2nd best QB on our team. The best QB is out. He gives us the best chance to win because he is all we have left this weekend. For those that have trouble with reading comprehension, Dabo was talking about this winning THIS weekend and not the best chance to win this year.

You think Dabo WANTS to lose games? He is the one with millions of dollars and a job on the line. Not us. He'll make the best decision for us to win because that's what he's paid to do. If we don't win, he loses his job and gets replaced. Let him do his job and don't make it more difficult by claiming you are going to do something as CLASSLESS as boo our 2nd string QB who is struggling.

My grandfather used to say "A Clemson man needs no introduction." I'm starting to wonder if that means the same today as it did 30-40 years ago. And when Cole Stoudt hits the top of The Hill on Senior Day we can only pray his introduction isn't a chorus of boos because at that time, we'll all know the answer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its stuff like today that makes me embarrassed for our fans.

Nov 19, 2014, 12:51 PM

Doesn't mean nearly the same. 30 --40 booing wasnt done. any one who tried would have gotten stomped

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2014, 12:53 PM

Booo!

He'd better worry more about avoiding #6 and focus on his

Nov 19, 2014, 12:53 PM

football team and a little less about what the fans say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

seeing as how this is an internet message bored with

Nov 19, 2014, 12:56 PM

hundreds of thousands of visitors...

this post may be a coy attempt to get points

;)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Its stuff like today that makes me embarrassed for our fans.***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nov 19, 2014, 12:58 PM

"Dabo was talking about this winning THIS weekend and not the best chance to win this year."

How about earlier in the year when he continually said the same thing with DW on the bench?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

same

Nov 19, 2014, 12:58 PM

but different

in a same thing, but different sort of way

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

he's used it as a blanket statement all year and I'm tired

Nov 19, 2014, 1:01 PM

of hearing it....especially considering that simply wasn't the case when DW as healthy.

yes***

Nov 19, 2014, 1:02 PM

Nov 19, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Its stuff like today that makes me embarrassed for our fans. ]

I agree with that assessment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Media is a horrible thing

Nov 19, 2014, 1:01 PM

we love our sports and want it to the point that it has grown into a mega giant media circus and Dabo is caught up in it... Otherwise this whole boo scandal would be worthless jargan. 30 and 40 years ago you did not have the Clemson coach under scrutiny from this media horde so any comparison is without warrant.

Dabo has a job to do, and any recognition on his part to the Boo's is accomplishing jack crap which he surely knows. Media knows he will respond and come out firing and this is where the media makes their living(feeding off of others misfortune during difficult times). Protecting a player from those who would boo a Tiger is great, but leave it alone and move on. Spend your time getting our boys ready and leave this media circus to itself. They will prod, poke, and do whatever necessary to pull it out of you but I'm sure we have a bonafied PR department to help handle this rit-raf.

Go Tigers!!

except when i can watch the game on tv

Nov 19, 2014, 1:02 PM

then it's great

Yep, exactly

Nov 19, 2014, 1:17 PM

good thing they have 127 channels so everyone can watch their team, even New Hampshire State College of Heismonolgy!!

Nov 19, 2014, 1:13 PM

I very seldom post on this board, but do read it daily, and based on the last few days I'm sure the majority of the people on here won't be happy with my response, but I've finally had enough!

The only people that should be booed are the PARENTS who raised the IDIOTS that think booing any Clemson player is acceptable. If you think Cole Stoudt, or any other player that chose the University that we love, deserves to be booed, take yourself on down to Columbia, you'll fit right in.

Good post.***

Nov 19, 2014, 1:19 PM

No one is going to boo CS at the top of The Hill on Senior

Nov 19, 2014, 1:52 PM

Day.

The fact that the media uses Tweeter, InstaBook, FaceGram, T-Net as a "source" for anything is laughable.

Recruits and players are The Stupid if they read message boards for a gage of a fan base. There are too many folks on the lunatic fringe and too many imposters to truly take anything on here (or anywhere) very seriously...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THANK YOU - Excellent post !!!!

Nov 19, 2014, 1:57 PM

Great Post......Clemson 'Gentlemen' need no introduction.

Here is whats going to happen......

Nov 19, 2014, 2:43 PM

When Cole comes out for the first drive, you will not hear boo's, but there will be a collective groan of disappointment. He will have a stellar day against a non opponent. Dabo gloats about how right he was and starts Cole for SC instead of preparing Nick. He struggles against SC, throws interceptions and then the boo's will start. Now pay attention.......they will not be booing Cole, they are booing the coaching staff for making another bad decision. And the fans have every right to boo the coaching staff. Dabo is delusional. He hasn't figured it out all season. Sitting DW until the FSU game, using DW like a running back, continuing to force Cole down our throats when the entire world knows the real deal. It is frustrating. And the only thing the fans that don't want to hear the truth can say it.....oh, your not a real fan or your a coot.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic