Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's ridiculous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

It's ridiculous

Nov 19, 2012, 9:40 PM

That people are trying to sell there $70, $75 dollar tickets for. I mean I can understand making a little profit, like selling your tickets for $100. Money doesn't buy happiness and people in the country have became greedy.... I'm just a college freshman (with a Job), not a Clemson student but a die hard fan, looking for 2 tickets to the game for my girlfriend and I. But I can't find any tickets anywhere at a price I can afford and I Hate I'm going to miss the expirence in the valley this weekend.... Most of you are probably selling tickets to people who are even going to loose there voices and leave before the game is over... I'd lose my voice before the game started... I just think its ridiculous how much these tickets are going for.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TV

Nov 19, 2012, 10:00 PM

nfm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's ridiculous

Nov 19, 2012, 10:12 PM

This has been a hot topic for me for awhile now. They will tell you "oh well I pay for iptay and my tiger backs and pay for this and that". My response is that nobody told any of them to pay for that. When you are buying tickets you should not have to compensate for that either. If you buy season tickets then go to the games or sell them to people who will truly enjoy it and not make a racket out of it. I have always wanted to be a season ticket holder but some people just can't afford that. I will make it one day, and my promise is to not scalp the way all of these people do. No matter how you look at it, it's scalping.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's ridiculous

Nov 19, 2012, 11:14 PM

I understand why you're so upset but you shouldn't have a problem the folks trying to recoup some of their money from buying season tickets. Can't really blame the school either because these days it's about the money, which builds facilities and gets the 5 stars on campus.

Maybe you should become Wofford fan as their season tickets are much cheaper and you could of gotten tickets to their game last week.

I'm a Clemson Alum and a die hard football fan but I'm not fortunate enough to afford season tickets. I've come to understand that it takes money to compete these days so I'll happily watch the games on TV if it means we're relevant.

Give it a rest all ready

Nov 19, 2012, 10:21 PM

You don't think twice about grabbing a $20 ball state ticket from us horrible season ticket holders...

It is what it is. The game is hype plain and simple.

A lot of the people selling these high priced tickets...

Nov 19, 2012, 11:19 PM

will probably end up selling there tickets to a shamecock fan. That's the reason there was so many shamecock fans up there in 2010. A bunch of greedy fans selling out Clemson for a little profit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd love to buy a couple of lower deck tix for $100 each

Nov 20, 2012, 12:23 AM

to the Sakerliner, Fla St, Ga Tech, or Va Tech games. But guess what, you CAN'T!! To buy those tickets the university makes you buy tickets to all 7 home games. And unless you want those seats in the Top Deck North corner, you have to pony up some more bucks ($300-$700 each) OVER FACE value.

My six tickets cost me about $5000 every year. Let's see, for 7 home games, that's 42 game tickets @ about $120 each. You wanna pay me $240 so you and your girlfriend can go watch Furman? I didn't think so.

Nobody is trying to make any money, here. They are just trying to recover some of their investment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a fact jack. We'll just disagree to disagree

Nov 20, 2012, 5:59 AM

- Uncle Si

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Welcome to America and Supply/Demand Economics

Nov 20, 2012, 6:05 AM

I understand your frustration in not being able to go to the game, but I can't fault anybody for selling a ticket for whatever they can get for it.

This is America, right?!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic