Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"White Privilege"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 692

"White Privilege"

Apr 10, 2020, 7:39 AM

Anyone else fight that term insulting? That term is insulting on so many levels. It diregards the hardships most white people go through. Anyway......I just a read a short article where the author was going after Tom Brady amd Tom's white privelege. So Tom Brady was on Howard Stern and he said that he doesn't see color. He said in the locker room there are 50 guys, everyone working for the same goal, that they are all brothers, and skin color and background don't matter. They are all in it together. To me I thought the comments are how we should all view the world. Nope, not the press. They are going after Tom for not getting or understanding his "white privilege". This PC stuff has to go imo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says the guy with White Privilege***

Apr 10, 2020, 7:50 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Says the guy with White Privilege***

Apr 10, 2020, 7:54 AM

I have had socioeconomic privilege. There is a difference. You think some poor white kid from maybe Dillon, SC, has special privileges? It's not about being white. It's about connections and money. Most white people in the USA don't have that. White privilege is a myth in my opinion. More over, everyone has problems.

A poor white kid from Dillon

Apr 10, 2020, 7:58 AM

Will not get stalked and harassed by store security for shopping in a store or pulled over for driving while black like even the Jr senator from SC has.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: A poor white kid from Dillon

Apr 10, 2020, 8:06 AM

He might actually if he looks poor enough. I agree that it's not the same though overall. White people have plenty of probs too though. He might not have food in his fridge, or even electricity, and a stable house though. They are trying to act like being born white means you are on easy street.

It's not so much easy street that's the argument

Apr 10, 2020, 9:00 AM

it's the being followed around stores even if you were rich enough to pay the cash equivalent on the spot of the predicted lifetime earnings of the ####### following you around the store.

Having said that though, it has been slowly going away for years and this current generation is pushing it away faster than ever.

And yes, there are times when the backlash against traditional white privilege works against you in life, like when you point out a legitimate shortcoming in a person and get accused of racism. But that will go away in time as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor white kid from Dillon, SC..lol.

Apr 10, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Says the guy with White Privilege*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poor white kid from Dillon, SC..lol.

Apr 10, 2020, 8:54 AM

Nothing can hold a genius like him back.

Well, wait though...

Apr 10, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Says the guy with White Privilege*** ]

I know a family in or around dillon that would hire that white kid way before they would hire a black kid from a wealthy family. Unless they were looking for a maid.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, wait though...

Apr 10, 2020, 8:59 AM

Black people have it harder for sure. I just think that the "white privilege" thing makes it sound like all white people have it on easy street. There are so many factors....looks, money, charisma, intelligence, confidence, stable upbringing, and just nature...etc. Dems are blowing off basic white peeps probs. That's partially why the Dems lost to Trump imo.

hey carl

Apr 10, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Says the guy with White Privilege*** ]

try changing the subject line

this is not the mange

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: hey carl

Apr 10, 2020, 9:14 AM

Ha....yeah I blew it to start the day. Sorry.

Is that a Mange thing to do or

Apr 10, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to hey carl ]

just something that stupid people do?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that a Mange thing to do or

Apr 10, 2020, 9:20 AM

I think it is the same thing

oh wait

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

BOOOHOO the CIS White Male is offended.

Apr 10, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Says the guy with White Privilege*** ]

We need to let everyone know that Master got his feelings hurt.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Carlsbad didn't match one of those 2 descriptors***

Apr 10, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Says the guy with White Privilege*** ]

You know where that PC stuff has to go?

Apr 10, 2020, 7:53 AM

To the P&R where it belongs

And you can take your white privilege with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

dangit

Apr 10, 2020, 7:54 AM

That was a much better response than mine. I am jealous and may or may not kill you in your sleep for the internet points

Re: dangit

Apr 10, 2020, 7:58 AM

You snooze you lose. What could have been. Sigh.

That's nuthin, my Black Crowes reply yesterday was

Apr 10, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to dangit ]

just sheer genius and I'm sure you and everyone else were like "oh man why didn't I say that"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know where that PC stuff has to go?

Apr 10, 2020, 7:56 AM [ in reply to You know where that PC stuff has to go? ]

I agree. I apologize. I thought I was on the P&R board. Sorry.

Hey wait a minute

Apr 10, 2020, 8:00 AM

Don’t go apologizing now, that might humanize you and stop me from spewing irrational vitriol in your direction.

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Hey wait a minute

Apr 10, 2020, 8:08 AM

You made me laugh. That was great. Haha

Re: "White Privilege"

Apr 10, 2020, 8:01 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-racial-issues-locker-room

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "White Privilege"

Apr 10, 2020, 8:04 AM

I do think sports has come much further than other areas when it comes to all folks getting a long

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

It’s probably harder to be a straight white male in America

Apr 10, 2020, 9:00 AM

than just about any other group.

Re: It’s probably harder to be a straight white male in America

Apr 10, 2020, 9:05 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6N7IuW00IbM

Re: It’s probably harder to be a straight white male in America

Apr 10, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to It’s probably harder to be a straight white male in America ]

Ffwd to the 4:14 mark

Apr 10, 2020, 9:23 AM [ in reply to It’s probably harder to be a straight white male in America ]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lWOSc42Ga5g

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its a copout***

Apr 10, 2020, 10:59 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Dillon puts out some Defensive Coordinators

Apr 10, 2020, 3:20 PM

John Chavis
Kevin Steele

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 692
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic