Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching the ACC Women's Lacrosse Championship.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Watching the ACC Women's Lacrosse Championship.

Apr 26, 2015, 3:17 PM

I really wish Clemson would add lacrosse as a varsity sport for both men and women. Riggs Field would be a perfect venue, and with the growth in popularity of lacrosse, I think Clemson could be really competitive in the future.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Watching the ACC Women's Lacrosse Championship.

Apr 26, 2015, 4:08 PM

Agreed. Budgets notwithstanding, I think it would be a great fit for Clemson. Some may say that not enough high schools play the sport in SC (I have not a clue as I moved out of state years ago), but if the university adopted it then I'm sure more SC schools would follow. Plenty of talent in the mid Atlantic and Northeast in the mean time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its not a matter of "if," but "when" we add lacrosse...

Apr 26, 2015, 4:20 PM

Boys lacrosse is the 2nd fastest growing youth sport in the nation. Girls Lacrosse is the fastest. Lacrosse is particularly hot in the piedmont region of the Carolinas and Georgia. We might as well get ahead of the curve (and the coots) and add both.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree! It would make Clemson even more attractive to

Apr 26, 2015, 9:19 PM

students who want to go to a great school and play ACC lacrosse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Its not a matter of "if," but "when" we add lacrosse...

Apr 27, 2015, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Its not a matter of "if," but "when" we add lacrosse... ]

Atlanta has a lot of great LAX. Clemson should jump on this trend before the Georgia schools do. There would be a natural pipeline. I spent the weekend watching the ACC tournament and wish I the Tigers to cheer on.

I hate when people describe lax as "fastest growing sport"

Apr 27, 2015, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Its not a matter of "if," but "when" we add lacrosse... ]

Of course it's the fastest growing sport, all the other sports have been popular for 100 years. Just because it's growing fast doesn't mean it is or will ever be as relevant as baseball, basketball, football, or even soccer

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2015, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Watching the ACC Women's Lacrosse Championship. ]

Lacrosse is becoming very popular in both Carolinas.

This high school in Greenville is a power in girls lacrosse.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/04/25/jl-mann-girls-lacrosse-team-wins-third-straight-title/26363865/

Apr 27, 2015, 1:03 PM

After this season in men's sports usuck will probably add one lol

I dont***

Apr 27, 2015, 4:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic