Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pathetic Wake wouldn’t allow any spectators!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Pathetic Wake wouldn’t allow any spectators!

Sep 10, 2020, 8:42 PM

They should have allowed at least a limited number of audience!

No-1 team and game day coming to your town and this is what you do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are allowing the rich folks in the boxes...

Sep 10, 2020, 8:43 PM

Its all for looks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s not Wake’s decision

Sep 10, 2020, 8:45 PM

It’s the pathetic governor of NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drop the hammer and get out of their with a 40 point win

Sep 10, 2020, 8:49 PM

We have bigger goals than playing in a high school stadium this year. Keep the focus

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s not Wake’s decision

Sep 10, 2020, 9:15 PM [ in reply to It’s not Wake’s decision ]

Roy Copper had no problem with kids and teachers being in a small room together. Even allowing just 1000 people would have gone a LONG way with just a little compromise. 1000 people would have only been 3% of the capacity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually Cooper does have a problem with any type

Sep 11, 2020, 7:56 AM

of living going on. He did not want kids back in schools and has tried to convince all counties to close down everything. He has his marching orders from the DNC and will keep NC as closed down as much he feels he can without losing his office until Nov 3rd.

It's purely political with him, though he is actually just a puppet of the AG Josh Stein. Stein is who really runs NC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Pathetic Wake wouldn’t allow any spectators!

Sep 10, 2020, 8:47 PM

dont blame it on wake. it is all on the panty waste governor roy cooper

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 8:48 PM

Doesn't want too many to witness the carnage.

True Patriots would storm the gates and share their Covid

Sep 10, 2020, 8:49 PM

with both teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True Patriots would storm the gates and share their Covid

Sep 10, 2020, 9:00 PM

True Patriots #### their panties and hide in the basement. If it saves only one life, it's worth it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^bitter libbie^^^***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:01 PM [ in reply to True Patriots would storm the gates and share their Covid ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Nah, I'd rather be like a liberal and throw bottles of my

Sep 10, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to True Patriots would storm the gates and share their Covid ]

ChiCom Flu laced urine at you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 8:51 PM

Are they allowing players parents?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read somewhere that they are.***

Sep 11, 2020, 9:33 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

retarded governor***

Sep 10, 2020, 9:00 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Blame Roy Cooper.

Sep 10, 2020, 9:10 PM

Worst governor in the history of the world.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Sep 11, 2020, 7:58 AM

Lack of fans will seriously hurt Wake's doughnut sales...

Sep 11, 2020, 9:31 AM

Mandy Cohen, the head of North Carolina's Department of Health and Human Services, hates football. She's on record of not favoring the playing of any football at any level this season and let's everyone know it. She's not letting parents watch their sons play in huge, empty stadiums to punish them since she didn't get her way in banning football.

Spineless Cooper simply hides behind her skirt.

The parents of players at all the colleges in NC have petitioned her to no avail.

Sep 11, 2020, 9:38 AM

I am an NC resident, I support this decision. I normally attended the Wake game (pre-kids).

Lets play football but limit large gathering that spread covid like a kindergartener who has free reign at the candy store. Common sense folks. Colleges are already trying to handle as much of the burden to contain covid and remain open, why try have them spend more resources for a game?

How is allowing 1000 people out of a 45,000 seat

Sep 11, 2020, 10:10 AM

stadium a "large gathering that spread covid like a kindergartener who has free reign at the candy store"? Give me a break - there is plenty of room to socially distance so there is absolutely no reason NC cannot enact some safety requirements and still allow a limited number of folks to attend these games - namely the parents of the players and radio broadcast teams. Other states are finding ways to accommodate some attendance at the games so there is no reason NC can't do it as well.

The truth is that NC has an intransigent, dimwitted, tow the DNC party line Governor who gets his rocks off issuing decrees as if he were a king. He has no interest in breaking ranks with his Democratic fellow travelers even if common sense says he can and should. May Cooper pay the price for his stupidity at the polls come November...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is allowing 1000 people out of a 45,000 seat

Sep 11, 2020, 10:32 AM

I have worked large events, you can say "rules" all you want but a crowd never listens. Better to avoid a conflict. And one of the best examples thus far is that a lot of folks don't take covid seriously. All you need is one idiot who consumes the "covid is a lie" to make a scene on national TV. And we are talking about WAKE here so this isn't some UNC idiot level either. College campuses are not a great place to try to control ANYTHING viruses or people. The other issue isn't spacing in the stands (that is easy) but maintaining distancing during other moments such as entrance/exists, bathrooms, concessions etc.

You don't follow NC politics do ya? The kooks are living high on the carcass that is the Raleigh machine. Cooper, for however skiddish he happens to be hasn't stepped into a mess and then claim it was a good idea (like bathroom Pat). I don't like the Coop, but the Pubs are serving up idiots like they hotdogs at the fair. Dan is a good person but dang, he is a lousy candidate - better than my guy but hey, we never do much.

Ever since dipping in June to a near tie, Cooper has opened up a big lead over Forest... mostly because of trying to do "something" Forest keeps trying to block everything. Really, the only political position Forest is doing is being anti-cooper. Even DiFoire is saying more and I don't really like my party's choice either.

Sep 11, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Pathetic Wake wouldn’t allow any spectators! ]

Your position would make sense if we were talking about allowing fans in the stadium at a % capacity. I personally think that is viable but that's another argument for another day. No, the issue is that the Governor's office is not allowing 500 or so parents in an empty stadium (outside in the open air) to simply watch their sons play football.

If the virus is this dire, then we shouldn't allow anyone out at all, much less to go to the grocery store, home depot, etc. or to even receive the beloved Amazon packages.

It's an anti football, punitive measure pure and simple.

There's no "science" being followed as all experts agree that the risk of the virus in open air, with social distancing is miniscule.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic