Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DE Chase Young OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,544

DE Chase Young OSU

Nov 8, 2019, 8:15 AM

Not sure if this is reliable, but if it is that's big:

https://twitter.com/AWardSports/status/1192790233080893441?s=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DE Chase Young OSU

Nov 8, 2019, 8:24 AM

Not disputing you but I live near Columbus and we get saturated w Buckeye coverage. Yet not a peep about this so far. The local media is such a group of shills for them. Cover the daylights out of them unless it is negative

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 8:29 AM

Seeing more known sources saying the same:

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1192795617975771138?s=20

Re: DE Chase Young OSU- Columbus tv just announced it

Nov 8, 2019, 8:35 AM

For this weekend but no further details. Bear in mind the AAD was in the group formulating the naming rights pay recommendation for the NCAA and the Univ Pres is on the Board of Gov who recently approved it. So fox guarding the chicken coop and yet another scandal at Oh St. Why would you let them anywhere near rule formulation give their ongoing history of shady dealings

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 8:24 AM

I would have guessed no but it looks like at least several places have heard the same rumor.

Nov 8, 2019, 8:28 AM

Now Ohio State has announced it.

Its legit. So long OSU, hello probation***

Nov 8, 2019, 8:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its legit. So long OSU, hello probation***

Nov 8, 2019, 8:33 AM

Sweet.

Re: Its legit. So long OSU, hello probation- except

Nov 8, 2019, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Its legit. So long OSU, hello probation*** ]

probation is a nothing punishment anymore

Unlikely that OSU will be placed on probation

Nov 8, 2019, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Its legit. So long OSU, hello probation*** ]

if the violation is accepting benefits from an agent. I think the worst case for OSU would likely be vacated wins, but only if they "knowingly played an ineligible player."

Re: Unlikely that OSU will be placed on probation

Nov 8, 2019, 9:07 AM

It seems like he was leaving after this year anyway. The allegations are from 2018. I would be curious ot see if nothing really happens to Ohio State. I mean if this was going on behind their backs. Seems like they could get off free if it was truly just interactions between an agent and a player. I guess they could call it a negligence thing. I'm just hypothetically speaking of course. Throwing an idea out there.

The rumor on Reddit CFB is that he accepted benefits

Nov 8, 2019, 8:38 AM

from an agent. If true, then what and how much will likely determine whether he will just be suspended for a few games or whether his OSU career is over.

From their hometown boys...

Nov 8, 2019, 8:47 AM

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football/chase-young-facing-suspension-expected-to-miss-maryland-game/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 9:09 AM

So if he is ruled in-eligible and they have to vacate wins does the NCAA go ahead and rule OSU can’t play for the Big 10 Chip or in the playoffs? It will be really interesting to see this play out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They only have to vacate wins if the NCAA can prove that

Nov 8, 2019, 9:12 AM

OSU knew he was ineligible and played him anyway. If they just found out and suspended him then they will not be held accountable.

Re: They only have to vacate wins if the NCAA can prove that

Nov 8, 2019, 9:18 AM

Is it that they knew or should've known? Surely the other schools that have gone through this and had to vacate wins did not willingly admit they knew of impermissible benefits.

Nov 8, 2019, 9:17 AM

The real question is when did OSU learn about this. Or did they ignore it until they discovered an outside source knew about it and "then OSU learned about it and did something."

If they knew about it, they should be not be in consideration of the playoffs. However they will slow roll any investigation so its unlikely to impact this year. The best we can hope of is this becomes a distractions.

I haven't bought into the "Chase Young is the best player in college BS." Only his sack numbers are impressive. His total tackles is actually very low. This tells me their D Coordinator has been really good getting him schemed in his pass rush. That's impressive, but his overall game isn't.

Nov 8, 2019, 9:33 AM

From what I’ve watched, Young is almost unblockable by the Tackle alone. He plays like I hope XT would bring to the Clemson defense where the offensive coordinator basically has to abandon a chunk of their playbook to keep their QB on his feet. Him being suspended is a big deal for OhioSt and anybody developing a gameplan against them.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:22 AM

Just saw a statement released by Chase Young on B/R. Sounds like he took a personal loan from a friend in 2018 that he says has been paid back in full. I’m no NCAA rules expert, but if that checks out, I don’t see why this would be a big deal. A mistake not clearing that with the team, probably, but I’m sure this happens at every school. Not a big deal In my eyes.

Now if he didn’t pay it back, it was from someone other than a personal friend, or something like that, then that’s a different story

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,544
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic