Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love traditions, etc. but I can’t wait til Corso leaves the GameDay crew. It’s distracting.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I love traditions, etc. but I can’t wait til Corso leaves the GameDay crew. It’s distracting.

Nov 3, 2018, 10:56 AM

Bless his heart and all that, but it’s waaay past time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Corso leaves the GameDay crew.

Nov 3, 2018, 11:01 AM

Corso steps down from Game Day duties should be the headline. Sadly, I agree and know exactly what you mean. He use to be the sole reason I liked game day as much as I use to. But, the last couple years it is clear he isn't the same. I wish him nothing but the best. And I like him a lot; but something is going on with him. (if this is a well known thing I haven't seen anything).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Corso leaves the GameDay crew.***

Nov 3, 2018, 11:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Corso leaves the GameDay crew.

Nov 3, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Corso leaves the GameDay crew. ]

Corso had a stroke several years ago. It is painful to watch him sometimes, but the love that Herbie shows him makes me like him (Herbie) even more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Corso leaves the GameDay crew. ]

He had a stroke a couple of years ago. I do love how Herbie always tries to help him out but I agree. It’s time for him to just come in for special occasions.

Nov 3, 2018, 11:41 AM

I think that’d be the dignified way to phase him out - let him contribute on portions of the show as he wants to, but take him off the front desk commentary position. The slurred speech and obvious mental fog should not have to be redeemed by Herbie at every turn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Nov 3, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Corso leaves the GameDay crew. ]

He had a stroke, I still love the old guy. Also love watching Kirk help him out of a jam, it is almost like him saving his own Dad.

Corsica did more than anyone to make that show

Nov 3, 2018, 11:02 AM

a success. I hate to tell you but one day, if you're lucky, you will get old too and it's not so easy just giving up the things you made and those that made you. Keep Corso as long as he wants to be there. He is a legend.

Re: Corsica did more than anyone to make that show

Nov 3, 2018, 11:17 AM

greatertater As I said earlier, "I love Coach Corso"! He made the show worth watching with his antics! "Not So Fast My Friend"!

It is just painful to watch at times! And thank you to all who posted the information about him having the stroke. Makes sense now!

He is a legend but I want to remember him doing all the things that made me want to watch in the beginning. I don't want to have to remember "this version" is what I mean. Especially when he is struggling and Herbie comes in with the cape to rescue the conversation! I get it; but painful to watch someone you really like go out like that!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm....while it may be time...

Nov 3, 2018, 11:09 AM

Does game day actually get better without him?

Re: Hmm....while it may be time...

Nov 3, 2018, 11:14 AM

I don't think so. He's always been this way imo. The stroke changed him but not that much.

Re: Hmm....while it may be time...

Nov 3, 2018, 11:45 AM

He’s always been kooky, but now the slurring truly hurts my heart to have to watch. I’m sure he loves his role, but ESPN needs to think about phasing him out.

GO TIGERS

It’s funny having a few old kooks around. Be funny

Nov 3, 2018, 11:12 AM

as heII if Lee and Lou had their own show. Maybe throw in Mack Brown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s funny having a few old kooks around. Be funny

Nov 3, 2018, 11:15 AM

Re: It’s funny having a few old kooks around. Be funny

Nov 3, 2018, 11:19 AM

Yup, the older I get the better I was!

Re: I love traditions, etc. but I can’t wait til Corso leaves the GameDay crew. It’s distracting.

Nov 3, 2018, 11:20 AM

I wish there was a team out there with a rectum as a mascot so Corso would have to stick his head up it on national television.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I love traditions, etc. but I can’t wait til Corso leaves the GameDay crew. It’s distracting.

Nov 3, 2018, 11:36 AM

I guess he could dress like a jacka$$?

Message was edited by: bdrechs®

GO TIGERS

Before you young whippersnappers start getting rid of us...

Nov 3, 2018, 11:53 AM

old guys get your butts off my grass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic