Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Breeland arrest video
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 93
| visibility 1

Breeland arrest video

May 1, 2020, 11:26 AM

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/01/bashaud-breeland-cop-arrest-video-gun-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The officer appears to show great restraint

May 1, 2020, 11:32 AM

BB is very fortunate.

Regardless of why officer's attention was drawn to BB, he should simply listen to direction given. Even the lady in the video understood that.

That could have been a tragedy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's easy to say someone should just listen when you're

May 1, 2020, 11:35 AM

not the one about to be arrested.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No, it's not***

May 1, 2020, 11:36 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not easy to say that someone should just

May 1, 2020, 11:38 AM

comply with police?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Says the lawyer....

May 1, 2020, 7:57 PM

Thanks coot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's easy to say someone should just listen when you're

May 1, 2020, 11:39 AM [ in reply to It's easy to say someone should just listen when you're ]

I think it's easy to say listen and cooperate because things never go well for you if you don't.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is hard to ascertain what BB is saying in the

May 1, 2020, 11:50 AM

video. His original tweet said some other guys walked up and threw things into his vehicle.

In the video BB doesn't appear to be physical or confrontational, he appears to be trying to plead with the officer to listen to him.

Yes, the answer is to always listen to the police and comply. But if an officer is trying to arrest you for something you genuinely did not do, it is difficult to know how you would react unless you have been through it. I'm not saying he is innocent or not.

Re: It is hard to ascertain what BB is saying in the

May 1, 2020, 1:09 PM

First there isn't anyone in jail that did the crime. Second the officer is trying to detain not necessarily arrest him. Third, all Breeland did was catch an actual charge he can't deny that could be a felony depending on how the State views his actions. He turned a couple misdemeanor charges into something that didn't have to be. If the weed isn't yours you are at a place where video cameras are in abundance, fight it in court. Don't do something that not only may cost you your career but could have cost him his life. What he did was ignorant. Jerking away then barricading yourself behind the driver side door with your hands not in plain site is a very quick and easy way to die. If Breeland was participating in a "How To Confront Police" class he failed miserably. I think Breeland is a heck of a player and I have little doubt he's not a good person but you can't do what he did. Whether he did it or not is irrelevant, fighting the charge at the gas station is never going to work out for the subject.

Good point, because people are never wrongfully

May 1, 2020, 1:33 PM

convicted in court and video cameras never fail. Right?

I do not disagree that everything he did in moving away from the officer and especially getting behind his door/trying to get back into his vehicle was dangerous and not something you should ever do. All I am saying is it is difficult to judge someone in that position. Fright, anger, worry and other emotions can make you do weird things in the moment, things you would not do otherwise. Watching that video from behind a computer screen with a cool head, it is easy to think he should just stand still, listen to the officer and comply. It's not always that simple in the moment.

You sound like a lawyer . . . . and

May 1, 2020, 1:51 PM

not a very good one at that.

Not that there has ever been a good attorney to use as a standard bearer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Good point, because people are never wrongfully

May 1, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Good point, because people are never wrongfully ]

I really hate to hear folks say there isn't any guilty people in jail when meaning it as a slur bc DNA has now gotten 100's of not guilty people out of prison after serving most of their lives in prison that were really innocent. How do you give those folks that time back, and 90% of the time, it's been black folks that were falsely accused and found guilty of crap they didn't do. Knowing that if I were a Black male, I think I would be a little irritated and wanting to explain what was real before the cuffs were clamped down around my wrist bc you are probably feeling that you are about to be found guilty of something that you really didn't do!!!

I know your schtick is arguing and playing the contrarian.

May 1, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Good point, because people are never wrongfully ]

But this isn’t the right thread for that.

Just admit you’re being ridiculous to defend Breeland’s actions. Stressful or not, he acted stupidly and this could’ve gone much worse for him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

^^^There's another person falling into the

May 1, 2020, 3:07 PM

"hard of reading" category

Nope, I read your response. I understand what you said.

May 1, 2020, 4:38 PM

I just think you chose a really poor time to be argumentative.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I hate it when someone thows weed in my car

May 1, 2020, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: It is hard to ascertain what BB is saying in the ]

right before the cops arrive

Re: It is hard to ascertain what BB is saying in the

May 2, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to It is hard to ascertain what BB is saying in the ]

You sound just like a lawyer. If he’s innocent, let his lawyer prove it rather than risking getting shot. Plain and simple to anyone not a cop chasing attorney. Comply. Guaranteed staying calm would have made his defense stronger.

The store should have a video that would

May 2, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to It is hard to ascertain what BB is saying in the ]

Corroborate BBS story if true. No problem with innocent until proven guilty. This one could be answered quickly One way or the other.

sometimes when you are drunk and belligerent

May 1, 2020, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: It's easy to say someone should just listen when you're ]

you change the cops mind and he lets you go.

Spin this any way you like, but the bottom line is...

May 1, 2020, 1:50 PM [ in reply to It's easy to say someone should just listen when you're ]

Beeland was being a dumba$$...plain and simple.

He should have just been respectful, listened, and followed instructions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm glad you can come up with that judgment without knowing

May 1, 2020, 2:03 PM

anything that happened before the video started, not knowing what was happening off camera, not knowing exactly what was being said and not knowing what Breeland was thinking or feeling.

It doesn't matter...

May 1, 2020, 3:01 PM

He should have just shut-up and followed the officers instructions while the officer conducted his investigation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The stupidity of everyone replying to my posts with this

May 1, 2020, 3:14 PM

garbage shouldn't surprise me, but yet it always does.

Breeland has money for LAWYER. Anyone with money

May 1, 2020, 6:15 PM

should know how to ####, comply and remedy the situation with a lawyer.

Wow. I’ve lost any and all respect for you, GWP

May 2, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to I'm glad you can come up with that judgment without knowing ]

Calling you a coot is an insult to the coots

May 1, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to It's easy to say someone should just listen when you're ]

Uh.. yeah... some of us have. two criminal defense attorneys in my family and if you would JUST LISTEN and do as they say and argue it AFTER the fact. you are not going to get out of it on the side of the road. yelling and yanking is the worst thing you can do. argue in court.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Since some people have a hard time reading, I will type this

May 1, 2020, 2:45 PM

slower and hopefully it helps.

I do not disagree with everyone saying you should be quiet, listen and comply with the officer. That is always what you should do if you find yourself in a situation like that.

Is that helpful? Did that help?

Re: Since some people have a hard time reading, I will type this

May 1, 2020, 3:17 PM

That is exactly my feelings also. Say very little, and offer nothing not ask, and depending on what is ask, don't say anything that could and will be used against you. If they say sit, you sit, stand, you stand, turn around and put your hands behind your back, do it and do it quickly, but never never never take a breathalyzer test bc, 99.9% of DUI lawyers can get you out of that charge if you refuse a breathalyzer, and if they are videotaping you, don't try and prove you're not drunk by submitting to a field sobriety test bc, if a picture says a 1000 words, a video says 10,000 loud and clear words!!!

I'm not a DUI lawyer so I cannot speak to that

May 1, 2020, 3:23 PM

but everything else is spot on. Do what they say and comply unless they are violating your rights.

Breeland should have listened and complied. The only point I have made repeatedly is that it's difficult to say that any of us would comply in that same situation. Some of us would, some of us would panic and not be thinking straight while begging and pleading with the officer to take a step back and listen.

We're also only seeing a brief video throughout the entire event.

You’re right, there is no way to know for sure

May 1, 2020, 4:42 PM

how anyone here would act in that situation since none of us were at that gas station, on that night, doing what he may or may not have done, in the presence of that officer, etc.

Except you, Princess. You would’ve been as annoying to that officer as you are here on TNet.

That’s rich coming from our resident

May 1, 2020, 5:41 PM

Kimmy Jong-un sympathizer

Is your name Lionel Hutz by chance?

May 1, 2020, 5:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HODjrjb32fU

May 2, 2020, 10:28 PM [ in reply to It's easy to say someone should just listen when you're ]

Explain ??

All are saying just listen cause officers can execute

May 1, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to The officer appears to show great restraint ]

you for not complying. That is ludacris!! Not Murdering someone, but pulling a gun to threaten anyone- but being a danger- but a fun is drawn with possible shooting and potential death for not listening to the officer- really?!! When was resisting arrest a crime worth death. Doubt that’s in the law books

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All are saying just listen cause officers can execute

May 1, 2020, 12:41 PM

He had a gun drawn on him bc he jumped back into the vehicle where he could've easily had a gun or some other weapon in there. Simple P doesn't have to be an arrestable offense. Typically these days you're given a ticket and sent on your way. It doesn't even suspend your driver's license anymore. DUI is a way harsher charge. I'm guessing bc BB didn't have a license and couldn't prove his identity combined with the dope is why he was being arrested. He may have also talked his way into that as well.

How does the officer know he is not getting in the car to grab more firepower

May 1, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to All are saying just listen cause officers can execute ]

than the officer carries. He doesn’t. So he has to draw his gun and be prepared. He is not interested in shooting BB, he just wants to protect himself and make it home to his family. BB didn’t follow instructions and made a bad decision, that is not the officers fault.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to All are saying just listen cause officers can execute ]

stop pulling away. listen to orders. comply. why even argue? you are not getting out of what they suspect of you right then. the side of the road is NOT the place to argue. the court of law is. he was very lucky. very stupid.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

I’d like to see you put on a badge

May 1, 2020, 6:11 PM [ in reply to All are saying just listen cause officers can execute ]

and have a complete stranger larger than you, disobey your command, enter a vehicle that could have a gun, and you not draw your gun. That’s how dumb people lose their life. Police don’t know you and want to live and go home to family.

May 1, 2020, 7:33 PM [ in reply to All are saying just listen cause officers can execute ]

Part of the problem^ let’s teach our kids it’s okay to fight cops and it’s unconstitutional! Do they abuse power sometimes? Yes! But they are called “ authority for a reason! Comply and let your lawyers talk!

Re: The officer appears to show great restraint

May 1, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to The officer appears to show great restraint ]

I agree with SR, good thing BB hands stayed in clear view when he entered the Vehicle. This cop handled this with a lot more patience than some others would. Can't blame the cop for doing his job based on what he apparently saw take place.

May 1, 2020, 1:56 PM [ in reply to The officer appears to show great restraint ]

You comply, you do as a “authority figure” directs and then you tell them you will answer any question they have with an attorney present! Plain and simple as that! Why do people not understand? Pride? Being a badass for the cameras? Just comply and quit being dumb!

May 1, 2020, 5:55 PM [ in reply to The officer appears to show great restraint ]

Every arrest that’s shown that has a minority being arrested end up with those being arrested giving the police officer a ration of crap.This officer in my opinion put up with way too much crap.He should have ended it quickly.I have always been told that when you are told you are under arrest your freedom is then restricted and you submit or accept getting your butt kicked.This thug needed his butt kicked

Calling him thug... proves the point you’re arguing against

May 1, 2020, 6:32 PM

Black men go from college million professionals quickly:.. rarely heard a white young man referred to as thug.... thug is often another way of saying the N-Word IMHO... and I say this not necessarily agreeing with his actions or morality. Just despise what you just did. It’s hard to trust and not fear someone who is one mistake or police action from being a thug so they are easily shor or dismissed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calling him thug... proves the point you’re arguing against

May 2, 2020, 1:30 AM

Can we call him a #######? Is that less offensive to you?

wow. I hope black recruits and their families see this!!!!

May 2, 2020, 11:09 AM

As a fellow alumni I feel saddened by this. Get ready for this thread to be erased

Re: wow. I hope black recruits and their families see this!!!!

May 2, 2020, 9:27 PM

What does this have to do with recruits and their families? Are you saying it’s Clemson’s fault? Alumni’s fault? Come on man! I hope you don’t believe half of the garbage you spew!

May 2, 2020, 10:41 PM [ in reply to wow. I hope black recruits and their families see this!!!! ]

See what ? You’re the one making a black thing !!! If you think thug is as bad as the N word then you’re looking to be offended and peopl Call white thugs THUGS

May 3, 2020, 10:42 AM

armsb said:

See what ? You’re the one making a black thing !!! If you think thug is as bad as the N word then you’re looking to be offended and peopl Call white thugs THUGS

Agreed!

Re: Breeland arrest video

May 1, 2020, 11:43 AM

This was really scary and could have gone so wrong. I have always told my kids if a cop tells you to do something do it. We will sort it out later. Just do what they say, and if something is wrong we will fight it in court. Why can't people just follow what the cops say?

bc society, professors, talking heads, etc. have told us for

May 1, 2020, 11:51 AM

the last 5 years that law enforcement is bad and they are not to be trusted. MAny watch this video and probably applaud. Not sure what we expect will be the norm going forward when we unjustly vilify our law enforcement. I think the sentiment goes for authority in general. Can you imagine what its like to be a middle school teacher these days. Kids are running the show bc their parents told them to

I remember a certain POTUS about 10 years ago

May 1, 2020, 12:23 PM

standing at a podium talking about police “acting stupidly.”

That seems to be about when hating and disobeying police became commonplace.

Are you trying to say it wasn't fixed by a beer summit?

May 1, 2020, 12:31 PM

Dang, I really thought that was going to cure everything.

Re: I remember a certain POTUS about 10 years ago

May 1, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to I remember a certain POTUS about 10 years ago ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giaTWGjhTTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKQqgVlk0NQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zLA2gzQQ0g&bpctr=1588359923

Or maybe there's a very long history of racism in this country that contributes to distrust?

you watched the video right? Not sure you can apply that

May 1, 2020, 4:06 PM

overplayed narrative in this case can you? We all know there will be exceptions to any rule. You aren't hitting me with any groundbreaking info. Those bad cops get dealt with, they get fired, they go to jail. Thats what the law is for and those guys learn they are not above it. So i'm all for ridding the country of dirty cops like those you mention.

But its a very pernicious and flippant to paint the whole lot of them with that brush and btw is only for an overwhelming minority of police officers. For every cop you show how many are doing it the right way? Yet our click bait society feeds our young people this garbage that "cops are bad" and legitimize the behavior of defying authority bc you just know you didnt'do anything wrong. Gets people killed. BB doesn't know how close he got to making his last decision in life and for what?

Everybody makes bad decisions but his was made alot easier with the recent up-tick in portraying our law enforcement officers as the bad guys. In BB's case i don't think he had all of faculties there. IF he wasn't drunk he was on something bc he was acting like a drunk would act. So i'm sure that played into this but..i'm just glad he finally complied and didn't get what he was asking for.

Re: you watched the video right? Not sure you can apply that

May 1, 2020, 4:44 PM

I didn't even mention the Breeland video nor did I say every cop is like this. My point was that there was a long history of racism in america in general and within law enforcement which is the reason for the distrust. It's not some small problem that was invented by the media (although the media obviously profits off of the problem).

and my point is nothing is perfect,theres always a bad egg

May 1, 2020, 5:31 PM

but the glamorization of a small faction of the whole has spoiled the bunch and we are seeing the fruits of that with this new trend among our young folks. Always think the worst. Instead of saying yes sir or no sir.

Re: I remember a certain POTUS about 10 years ago

May 2, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I remember a certain POTUS about 10 years ago ]

cufan38® said:

Hmm, it seems like all of these videos have something in common! They all have people in them NOT complying with authority! Stop with the oppressed narrative! Comply with the freaking law and answer questions with a lawyer present! It’s not that hard. Cops will not shoot you, I REPEAT, will not shoot you if you put your hands behind your back, not struggle and do as the officer suggest until his investigation is complete. Geez! A freaking 2 year old listens and comprehends better!

Yeah that was the problem, not the racist POS cops.***

May 1, 2020, 5:20 PM [ in reply to I remember a certain POTUS about 10 years ago ]

yeah those black cops are always racist against black men

May 1, 2020, 7:57 PM

Pay attention

May 1, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Breeland arrest video ]

This was really scary and could have gone so wrong. I have always told my kids if a cop tells you to do something do it. We will sort it out later. Just do what they say, and if something is wrong we will fight it in court. Why can't people just follow what the cops say?

This...one thousand times this. You will never win fighting the police on the spot. Document what you can/if you can with photos, video, and witnesses but nothing good is going to come out of fighting with the police at the scene - only bad. There will come a time you can fight with the police but it is best done with lawyers who are pros at it...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 12:12 PM

I live right down the street from this gas station. It is odd to me that it is a sheriff making the arrest. I have not seen a York county Sheriff near my area in years. The gas station is right down the street from the North Carolina line so maybe it is a Mecklenburg county sheriff and that is why the story came out he was arrested in Charlotte.

According to this, it was a York County Sheriff's Deputy...

May 1, 2020, 1:13 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Former-Clemson-DB-arrested-35457

And I also live right down the street from the Gate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

May 1, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Breeland arrest video ]

Here's simple guide to dealing with the police;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Awesome! And some good advice.............***

May 1, 2020, 1:18 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Breeland arrest video ]

Agree. He kept running his mouth and wouldn't let the cop handcuff him. Others telling him to cooperate and he wouldn't listen.

As a father of 2 teenage boys, I too tell them to not Resist..

May 1, 2020, 12:18 PM

To save their LIVES.... that is crazy to have to say an officer- NOT a judge can sentence and carry out the penalty right there- if you show the least bit of resistant or disrespect. I grew up respecting officers as I do my friends who are in law enforcement for completely different reasons. And one of them is not that I think they will kill me because they feel disrespected

police get scared too

May 1, 2020, 6:23 PM

you can’ not resist, then enter a vehicle that could have a gun in it, and expect officer not to draw his gun.

To make matters worse, does college, NFL not teach these guys anything? He can hire a boat load of attorneys to rectify whatever injustice he feels was imparted. Just shut up, follow directions, pled the 5Th, let your lawyer handle. Really not that hard if you have the money he does.

May 1, 2020, 12:21 PM

Break the law and go to jail. The worse thing for athletes is they have a responsibility to represent their school or employer. Would your company allow you to work for them if you did what Breeland did?

You mean what Breeland allegedly did, right?

May 1, 2020, 12:30 PM

To my knowledge he has not been convicted.

That was scary to watch...

May 1, 2020, 12:39 PM

I knew the outcome but still felt the stress of the situation similar to the woman in the video.

Cooperate...that is all you can do. Plead your case later.

funny that they are not pulling guns on c19 protestors

May 1, 2020, 12:40 PM

Resisting arrest. It would be a different story. Something is inconsistent

The officer ONLY pulled his weapon once BB got in the car where there could

May 1, 2020, 1:22 PM

have been a gun. He drew his weapon for protection, not to sentence BB as you claim. It’s pretty simple but some will argue the sky ted when its blue.

exactly...this was not a smart move by BB and i'm glad the

May 1, 2020, 4:10 PM

officer did not pull the trigger. Had it been an antsy officer or had BB reached for somethjing it woudl have been over.

May 1, 2020, 2:05 PM

One more thing, the federal government needs to step in if that was the case and they were only smoking weed. It needs to be banned everywhere or it needs to be legalized everywhere. It’s absurd for one man to do it legally in one state and in another state, like in this case almost cost a man his life.

May 2, 2020, 8:41 AM

It wasn't the marijuana that nearly cost him his life. It was his noncompliance.

May 2, 2020, 11:03 AM

AFDAWG said:

It wasn't the marijuana that nearly cost him his life. It was his noncompliance.

Missed my point^

May 3, 2020, 10:42 AM

You seem to be saying if MJ were legal, the officer would not have had to approach Breeland and Breeland would not have had react the way he did.

May 3, 2020, 5:16 PM

To an extent... yes. That was what the original story said. The officer suspected the smoking/ possessing marijuana. What have the officer suspicion of marijuana? Clearly that is the reason the officer approached as stated in the story. Do you know how many people in all states pay for prisoners that have only went to prison for repeated marijuana distribution offenders? It’s absolutely dumb to live in a society where it is perfectly legal 1ft in font of an imaginary line and the other foot will land you in jail, with a fine or put people in a situation like this.

While yes. Breeland acted like a dummbass, the situation could be avoided all together if the officer wasn’t looking for something so petty as marijuana.
Alcohol kills more people and more dangerous and worse off it is legal in all 50 states.

May 2, 2020, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Breeland arrest video ]

What a dumb post. There’s tons of things you do in some states and can’t do in others

May 3, 2020, 10:39 AM

armsb said:

What a dumb post. There’s tons of things you do in some states and can’t do in others

Missed my point twice^

May 1, 2020, 3:10 PM

Thankful no one was hurt. Officer showed a lot of restraint. I think Breeland was just in shock that this was actually happening. I hope everything works out - all the facts come out, pays his fines, serves his time, and gets back on the field for a couple more seasons.

May 1, 2020, 3:11 PM

Just because an officer cuffs you in moments like this doesn't necessarily mean you are under arrest.. They could just be detaining you for a few minutes to ask you questions.. In this situation there needs to be a little more context.. The officer was obviously called because of an altercation, and if BB was part of the altercation and tried to leave the scene (which that looks like what he was trying to do) before he could be questioned, and then proceed to refuse to stay and comply, they can detain you until they have your information.. If you consistently refuse, then you will be charged with resisting..

The hypocrisy in this thread is out of control

May 1, 2020, 3:24 PM

#FreeBreeland

May 1, 2020, 4:25 PM

BB is lucky he gave in before the back up cops arrived, because that would not have gone well.

Just comply

May 1, 2020, 6:06 PM

and let your lawyer handle. Geez, you should have enough for a good lawyer.

Acting like that gets you shot. Officer don’t know you.

Re: Just comply

May 1, 2020, 7:39 PM

Just comply is correct. I was charged with a felony and brought to jail. I knew I was 100% innocent and knew I should not litigate with the officers on the scene. I’ll admit that while I thought it would be cleared up the next day, my attorney bluntly told me, the DA is serious and will use a full three years before they drop the charges. Attorney had the timeline 100% correct. I had $ for an attorney, brains to fight it and lucked out with a very credible witness that didn’t disappear. If I had lacked some of that I might have enjoyed free biscuits courtesy of the state for ten years. I do believe there are innocent folks in jail. With that said I will always comply with all instructions delivered by an officer.

Re: Just comply

May 1, 2020, 7:51 PM

BTW, my screen name is entirely unrelated to the incident and my brief stay in the big house.

May 1, 2020, 8:24 PM

That video makes Breeland look as stupid as one can look. He took his life in his hands by refusing to follow directions and continually resisting the officer, kudo's to the officer for keeping his cool!

May 1, 2020, 8:42 PM

Agreed. Not a good look for BB. He’s very fortunate it turned out the way it did. He’s only got a one deal w Chiefs. They might tell him to take a hike.

May 1, 2020, 9:52 PM

The lady in the video may well have saved his life. Her urgent plea seemed to have the dynamics of the situation. Like others have said, this is not a good look for Breland.

both parties need to be reprimanded

May 2, 2020, 12:30 PM

Breeland for being dumb enough to smoke weed in his car in plain sight, then resisting arrest, and the cop for not taking better control over the situation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the officer did all he could. He couldn’t forcibly

May 2, 2020, 12:57 PM

put him in handcuffs, BB would definitely win that fight. Didn’t seem like he had any backup there him at the time. The only way to get him in handcuffs until someone else could help him forcibly cuff him, would have been to either tase him or get him to comply. Seemed like he was trying all he could to not use his taser, and get him to comply. Think he handled it about as well as he could being a smaller guy with no backup, who didn’t want to use his taser unless it was a last resort.

Re: I think the officer did all he could. He couldn’t forcibly

May 2, 2020, 4:24 PM

Using a taser is less of an escalation than pulling a pistol and pointing it at someone.

No reason for a smaller cop to wrestle a NFL football player. Tasers work wonders for gaining compliance. BB should have gotten the juice, been put face-down on the pavement and cuffed. Probably before he went to get back into the car, but definitely at that point.

Both BB and the officer would have been in less danger. Once that pistol is out you are just one miscalculation by either party away from a bad situation getting much much worse.

Re: I think the officer did all he could. He couldn’t forcibly

May 3, 2020, 5:40 PM

I was actually thinking how long is the officer going to take this crap? Showed pretty good restraint up until the point of resisting arrest.

Replies: 93
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic