Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its clear the VP debate will have a impact on the election
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 661

Its clear the VP debate will have a impact on the election

Oct 7, 2020, 2:14 PM

It will be interesting to watch this debate. The biggest left winger in the Senate against the Christian VP from Indiana. If Biden wins she will most likely become president with in a year. We will see if the hard questions are ask to Kamala Harris. I betting not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most people voting for Biden don't care...

Oct 7, 2020, 2:19 PM

if Kamala becomes POTUS. It's not Trump.

Tonight's debate will be Pence trying to tie Kamala to her record but it will turn into Pence trying to defend Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That all sounds 100% accurate.***

Oct 7, 2020, 3:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Yep for most Americans, ham sandwich is suitable alternative***

Oct 7, 2020, 4:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad I'm not Pence***

Oct 7, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to That all sounds 100% accurate.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: most people voting for Biden don't care...

Oct 7, 2020, 4:05 PM [ in reply to most people voting for Biden don't care... ]

I agree.

Pence is a vastly more level character than Trump...unfortunately, he's behind the 8-ball on this one because he's a level-headed guy who does not prevaricate nimbly on his feet who's being put of having to defend the loony-tunes behavior of his boss...while also having a conscience. Tough gig. Pence's usual blank-faced stoicism isn't going to help him here and in fact could get him nailed straight to the wall. It's no-win for him because in order to successfully defend Trump you almost have to be Trump and you have to be absolutely shameless...and Pence just...isn't.

Kamala's also a prosecutor, and the best she's ever looked, honestly, was when she was absolutely toying with Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation. I don't like Kamala much as a politician and even less as a person and I think she's an opportunist but Oh My is she lethal when she can just put some poor sod on the chair and grill away, and unfortunately that's going to be the position Pence is put in.

If Pence even comes out with even a draw he'll have done well for himself. He is not in an...uhm, optimal position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DH8WnLLT4I

Re: most people voting for Biden don't care...

Oct 7, 2020, 4:11 PM

That was one sided during that crap show. He did not get to ask her any question. I don't think that will be the case tonight. Who is the mediator? Lester Holt?

Re: Its clear the VP debate will have a impact on the election

Oct 7, 2020, 2:20 PM

We will see if the hard questions are ask to Kamala Harris. I betting not.

Nice, already setting up the excuse-making.

Yep, like mange before we play at UNC and Durham in

Oct 7, 2020, 3:39 PM

basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Its clear the VP debate will have a impact on the election ]

No excuse here. Maybe she can say Pence was the reason she was riding the bus when she was a little girl. It worked on Biden.

Oct 7, 2020, 2:24 PM

Oct 7, 2020, 3:57 PM

This "most liberal senator" line is a talking point I haven't heard before but have now heard twice in this thread. Who started this one going?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Oct 7, 2020, 4:01 PM

That is amazing.***

Oct 7, 2020, 4:15 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Re: That is amazing.***

Oct 7, 2020, 4:45 PM

Re: That is amazing.***

Oct 7, 2020, 4:52 PM

What "policies"?

One thing she matched Joe Biden for issue-for-issue on was that she pretty much had no fixed position whatsoever. She had vagueness down to an art form.

Her voting record may have been leftist, but you got the sense she was prepping for a presidential run and needed an ideological purity test. Her political alliances - which include most of Silicon Valley - are a lot more pragmatic and her unwillingness to stand on a fixed position even more so.

If she's a leftist, she's a closet leftist. I see her a lot more as a political opportunist...you know, that old-fashioned kind of slippery politician of no particular principle or ideology, just leave yourself absolute max room to maneuver for every vote and donation you can swing.

It's actually not her voting record.

Oct 7, 2020, 5:04 PM

And it's not a liberal/conservative thing. The metric is based entirely on bills introduced by each senator, and the extent to which it is supported by members of the same vs. opposite party.

So it's not actually a measure of "how liberal" she is. The website explains all this.

- Jonathan Swift

lol***

Oct 7, 2020, 5:07 PM

Is that a "lol, I guess I should have read the website"?

Oct 7, 2020, 5:09 PM

;)

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Is that a "lol, I guess I should have read the website"?

Oct 7, 2020, 5:19 PM

Re: Is that a "lol, I guess I should have read the website"?

Oct 7, 2020, 5:23 PM

I'll take my pick, which is the realistic version of that data: It's not reliable in the slightest as evidence of how liberal or conservative the person is.

Here are some questions to help with determining reality: What legislation did Harris actually sponsor? And what's her voting record while in office?

I don't know the answers to these offhand, but I'll happily search for answers during the debates. (I'm still at work.)

- Jonathan Swift

Oct 7, 2020, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Its clear the VP debate will have a impact on the election ]

That's pretty fair. I think Pence will go after Harris as 'too left' and Harris will go after Pence over the Coronavirus (He's in charge of the task force within the WH).

Harris has to be careful in the area of likability. Right or wrong, men are never seen as a 'biatch' if they get too animated or aggressive. Pence comes across as very likable. I did a little research and found an article that said that, when Pence had a talk show, "no one who had a disagreement with Mike Pence ever left the building without still liking Mike Pence."

But I also think that Harris has an advantage that could hobble Pence. Harris will look directly into the camera and speak to the viewers across the country. Whether he likes it or not, Pence will be speaking to an audience of 1.

It should be interesting, they'll be covering 9 topics.

They gave Trump all the incredibly complex and difficult questions

Oct 7, 2020, 2:25 PM

Like, will you condemn white supremacists?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And can you wait your turn, sir?***

Oct 7, 2020, 3:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kamala sex tape is set to release

Oct 7, 2020, 2:32 PM

at 5:05 EST today.

Re: Kamala sex tape is set to release

Oct 7, 2020, 2:46 PM

I don't think I will watch that.

Celtic set to "release" at 5:06 EST today.***

Oct 7, 2020, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Kamala sex tape is set to release ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Celtic set to "release" at 5:06 EST today.***

Oct 7, 2020, 3:02 PM

I bet you will watch it.

If I'm not doing anything, I might try to catch it.***

Oct 7, 2020, 3:16 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Oct 7, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Kamala sex tape is set to release ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Oct 7, 2020, 3:53 PM

That is just all kind of wrong.

After last week's fecalshow it'll be refreshing to see

Oct 7, 2020, 2:42 PM

two lucid, coherent politicians debating.

Oct 7, 2020, 4:01 PM

I consider myself Christian and can honestly say that Pence and I have very different Gods.
Not sure I would harp on the Christian thing in Trump's admin....

Well, if it does, then Trump wins, because Pence sure won

Oct 7, 2020, 10:39 PM

this debate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2020, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Its clear the VP debate will have a impact on the election ]

I am too. If you are a Christian Trump is your only vote.

Replies: 34
| visibility 661
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic