Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm having a hard time with the coaches circumventing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,749

I'm having a hard time with the coaches circumventing

Nov 27, 2013, 10:19 AM

direct questions about beating the coots. It almost seems like they are already resigned to losing the game and they are already defending a 10 and 2 season. Don't they know that year in and year out, the most important thing we do is beat those guys? I don't like it, even though I like our coaching staff. It does not give me confidence that we will win. Neither does an 18 game home win streak and a Conner Shaw who is trying to finish an undefeated campaign at home. I have picked us to win the last four years and look what it got me. Last year, I even picked us to win in a blowout. That being said, this year, I'm being realistic, we'll play scared again and not execute, and once again we'll all be left feeling sad, sick, and mad:

Coots 30 - Us Guys 17

Please prove me wrong Tigers, like you've done the last four years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like this at all

Nov 27, 2013, 10:22 AM

You guys are going to win now that everyone is taking the high road :(

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you picked Clemson the last four years

Nov 27, 2013, 10:25 AM

and now pick the coots, thats good. Maybe we will win now.

This guy understood the post^***

Nov 27, 2013, 11:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called coachspeak. A coaches job isn't

Nov 27, 2013, 10:27 AM

to placate fans on a message board.

Check out the powerhouses they've beat in the win-streak (outside of UGAy and Clemson, it's pretty pedestrian) and you won't be so mystified by it...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's called coachspeak. A coaches job isn't

Nov 27, 2013, 10:55 AM

I am OK with the approach. As a coach you don't want to publicly assign too much importance to any one game. I guarantee you that it is different behind closed doors, which is where all the bravado should be kept.

Well, bye....***

Nov 27, 2013, 10:52 AM

Re: I'm having a hard time with the coaches circumventing

Nov 27, 2013, 10:52 AM

Everybody has bad days, everybody. And it do seem that you are having a bad thought day, and everybody has those also. I've been having good thoughts about this coming Saturday for a lot of days. Our guys, Clemson wins by 10+ this coming Saturday. Goooooo Tigersssssssss!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You switch hitting or just full blown ghey?***

Nov 27, 2013, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You never go full ####.***

Nov 27, 2013, 11:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Hey, look at my DD Pick 6 record.

Nov 27, 2013, 11:12 AM

I was born full ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, it never occured to the coaches this is a big game.***

Nov 27, 2013, 11:12 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you shouldn't watch it and just wait for final score?

Nov 27, 2013, 11:14 AM

I never expect the coaches to do two things in interviews: Give away much of their strategy and give the opposing team banners to post in their locker room.

On that front I'm perfectly happy with what Dabo, Morris, and Venables have said in public.

Year in and year out

Nov 27, 2013, 11:15 AM

every version of the Tigers are different just like everybody else. Scar lost Devan Taylor, Swearinger, Ace Sanders and we lost Andre, Nuk, etc.

Coaching and play calling cost us last year. Coaching, play calling, AND execution are what will win or lose this one. Coaches answers don't mean jack. Predictions don't mean jack either.

Whether Dabo, Chad, and Venebles has us ready to play is huge. Gotta stop Shaw and Davis from running and put pressure on the QB. The film room shows both teams what they need to do to beat the other.

No turnovers or dropped passes and we win. Turn it over and drop passes they win.

Go Tigers.

So what if they come out and say we HAVE to beat

Nov 27, 2013, 11:16 AM

SC to consider the season a success, and then lose? What then?

More importantly, what they're saying or not saying has absolutely no effect on the game. The players just have to play.

Some of you totally missed the point of this post.

Nov 27, 2013, 11:25 AM

And good job taking the high road with the name calling.

Bump***

Nov 30, 2013, 8:09 PM

Bump again, pretty close delusional fans***

Nov 30, 2013, 10:58 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,749
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic