Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's amusing how the talking heads seem willing to proclaim
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,267

It's amusing how the talking heads seem willing to proclaim

Sep 18, 2016, 9:19 AM

yesterday to be a one game season and are ready to name their playoff teams right now.

Jason Sehorn declared that the Louisville at Houston game will be for a playoff spot. Finebaum, to his credit, suggested that Clemson could still have something to say about that.

Anyone who has watched as many as two seasons of college football should know that the landscape can shift very quickly during the course of a season. It is a rare team of 18-23 year olds that can come out and dominate every opponent every week regardless of how talented they are.

For all practical purposes, we started resting our starters for Thursday night after the first quarter yesterday. 92 Clemson players saw meaningful game time - or at least as much as you can see in a 12 minute quarter. By contrast, Louisville's starters were still pounding on a team that had given up on themselves into the 4th quarter of their game. We took care of business and they played with their hair on fire. We're in for a dogfight with them but I will be surprised if they can duplicate the emotional high that allowed them to bury FSU.

I'm just saying it's a long season. The way this season has gone so far we could see four completely different teams at the top of the polls by December 4th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they're already declaring the Louisville.......

Sep 18, 2016, 9:22 AM

QB to be a lock for the Heisman!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad but true, and it seems to affect the Heisman vote.

Sep 18, 2016, 9:34 AM

Fortunately the playoff committee seems fairly inoculated to their persistent attempts to shape the outcome - even as Heather Dinnich sidles her way up next to the scene. Talking heads suck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: And they're already declaring the Louisville.......

Sep 18, 2016, 9:38 AM [ in reply to And they're already declaring the Louisville....... ]

He has played extremely well , and what they did to FSU yesterday caught everyone's attention and surprised the heck outta me .
That said , ain't scared amd believe our Tigers will be taking care of business in a couple of weeks and setting things right again .

First up though , the Rancid Reck .
#beatGT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: It's amusing how the talking heads seem willing to proclaim

Sep 18, 2016, 9:34 AM

It changes week to week. Just like the NCAA basketball tournament, you have to survive and advance. Not all schedules are created equal, but if you win your games and take care of business, it doesn't matter what the pundits say.

The hype train for Louisville is off the chart right now. But are we certain that Florida State is a top 10 team at the moment? They're 2 good quarters vs Ole Miss imploding from being a *very* ugly 1-2.

Happened to us last year after the ND victory.

Sep 18, 2016, 9:39 AM

Clemson then officially became a media darling.

Don't be jealous of Louisville just because they're the new hot girl in the club.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's kind of my point

Sep 18, 2016, 9:52 AM

I don't get why supposed experts are comfortable saying after week 3 that any one loss team is done or that an impressive victory by anyone will translate into a division championship. Most of us still have 9 games to go.

I like the way the next two weeks are laid out. I don't consider the Ga Tech game to be a true short week game for us. Dabo even said we already have three days of GT practice in the books. Our players came through yesterday reasonably well rested and tuned up. Assuming we take care of business as we should Thursday night, we will have 9 days to get ready for the next big test.

As for GT, I agree with most other posters on this one. They will keep it close for about a half then we will beat them down and win by a comfortable margin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2016, 9:54 AM

That's why I don't watch the talking heads anymore. I only watch football games and that's it, I don't watch any other ESPN shows

Sep 18, 2016, 9:55 AM

They have to have a job, keep it interesting, make predictions, #### people off, business today isn't about how correct you are; it's about how many clicks or views you can get.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,267
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic