Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Justin Fields is the #1 QB, why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

If Justin Fields is the #1 QB, why

Oct 7, 2017, 8:13 AM

Is his team, Harrison High of Kennesaw, 4-2 on the year?

B/c, esecpn, that's why!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's actually because of CBS

Oct 7, 2017, 8:20 AM

They now own both Scout and 247,controlling 50% of the Composite rating. After 247 bumped JF up to number on 247, Scout bumped him up just enough to take over the number Composite spot. It's about CBS getting hits on 2 services that they bought in the last couple of years.

Someone else had Monster game last night(maybe Surtain) and Scout will bump them up. Gotta have those uncommitteds at the top for clicks/hits.

Re: It's actually because of CBS

Oct 7, 2017, 8:22 AM

Sells magazines and coffee. Lol. No worries

Maybe his teammates aren't that good.*****

Oct 7, 2017, 8:21 AM

Maybe great QBs make their teammates “good”.***

Oct 7, 2017, 9:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe great QBs make their teammates “good”.***

Oct 7, 2017, 9:14 AM

Good lord you are such a #####.

So by that logic, if you put DW on Kansas last year, they would magically be a great team. Not quite, but keep the idiotic comments coming. They're funny.

Stupid comment but normal for you as usual.***

Oct 7, 2017, 11:06 AM

Re: Stupid comment but normal for you as usual.***

Oct 7, 2017, 11:18 AM

Na, he has a point. A QB can only do so much. I think we all agree TL is a generational talent (and someone we'd all take over Fields), but his high school, Cartersville, is a known power in Georgia. From what I understand, Fields has taken a basement-dwelling team and made them competitive. That deserves a lot of praise.

Maybe he is making them better. Maybe they would be 0-6...

Oct 7, 2017, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Maybe great QBs make their teammates “good”.*** ]

without him.

Re: Maybe great QBs make their teammates “good”.***

Oct 7, 2017, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Maybe great QBs make their teammates “good”.*** ]

Have to agree, you do sound like a #####.

A QB can't will his team to be undefeated if the talent isn't there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Justin Fields is the #1 QB, why

Oct 7, 2017, 8:24 AM

I wouldn't concern myself with it Bengaline. We both know the best QB is coming to Clemson. They can manipulate rankings all they want.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hes another malik henry/francois

Oct 7, 2017, 8:35 AM

id rather have a pure QB like lawrence any day of the week

Primarily due JF to having a real good week at Elite 11 camp

Oct 7, 2017, 8:48 AM

Of course TL is the bomb. But it would be enjoyable to see Clemson/UGA rivalry return to Ford-Dooley/Walker/Erk days of early 80's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They play in a very strong football area

Oct 7, 2017, 9:30 AM

Lots of D1 players to compete weekly.

Relax about Fields versus Lawrence. Both are elite, fantastic QBs that any program would love to have. I would choose TL as I truly believe he will be the best talent to ever suit up as a Tiger. Hopefully he will develop into the player I, and most others, think he will be. But he is a generational talent, make no mistake about that. Fields is a tremendous athlete but remember USuC signed another highly rated QB from this HS a few years ago that has hardly ever seen the field at a bad program.

Talent is not the end all, be All, especially at QB. I would put our staff in the top tier of developing talent so let’s be thrilled with TL and let the rating chips fall where they may. We had another QB recently that wasn’t the highest rated QB that turned out OK.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those ratings are for fans.

Oct 7, 2017, 9:53 AM

They are not what a good coach uses to select players. The numbers are manipulated to generate publicity for the service which ranks players.

I don't read them. Mostly because the services make money on each hit to their site. I seldom read a news website or any other of the entertainment sites.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because he was uncommitted and articles about where the

Oct 7, 2017, 10:10 AM

"#1 QB" in the nation is going to commit to get more clicks than "one of the top-rated QBs in the nation" articles.

Most people think Lawrence is better but it doesn't really matter, they're both good.

We will know who the best QB is when they get out there and play***

Oct 7, 2017, 10:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now he is committed, he will probably drop....

Oct 7, 2017, 10:32 AM

Uncommitted stars tend to draw interest which sells recruiting pages, committed stars draw less interest. Now some other non-commit will probably be re-evaluated and rise up to #1.

Probably because he’s a beast!

Oct 7, 2017, 10:44 AM

Not really arguing who’s best between JF and TL, but have you seen this kid play? He’s a monster.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same way they did Dexter Lawrence

Oct 7, 2017, 11:12 AM

He was #1 til he committed. No intrigue in committed guys.

Re: If Justin Fields is the #1 QB, why

Oct 7, 2017, 11:24 AM

Na, everything suggests that Fields is a heck of a player. I think it's a mistake to put Fields at #1 over Lawrence, and an overreaction from a very impressive 7-on-7 circuit this summer, but I don't think there's anything sinister behind it.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic