Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's absolutely CRAZY that the NCAA put in 2 Open Dates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

It's absolutely CRAZY that the NCAA put in 2 Open Dates

Aug 7, 2019, 10:44 AM

PURELY due to do Bama getting bloodied up prior to playing Clemson. It's amazing the pull that Saban has.

Next thing you know, Bama will only be playing 10 games while everyone else is playing 12 in regular season. Because Bama's 10 games are so physical.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just realized that we have 2 open dates

Aug 7, 2019, 10:54 AM

the one before the shamecocks is dumb

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Why? the coots take the week off before there instate rival

Aug 8, 2019, 8:39 AM

That's the way they do it in the SEC. Open week or cupcake before your instate rivalry game. Been doing it for years. I have no problem with it and the players get a little time off and rest before Thanksgiving weekend game.

Re: It's absolutely CRAZY that the NCAA put in 2 Open Dates

Aug 7, 2019, 11:20 AM

Bama getting beat up...

Wasn't their margin of victory over regular season opponents 35.5 points? Then in the last 3 games (CCG & CFP) it was NEGATIVE 3.3. Seriously, only a 7pt win vs UGA and 11 over Oklahoma. 9 point average before a 28 beatdown.

Clemson during the regular season only had a 30.8 during the "regular" season and then average 29.0 in the last 3 (ACCCG &CFP) so dominant even against good teams.

You forgot the reason that Bama destroyed those SEC teams

Aug 7, 2019, 11:29 AM

is because those SEC teams were so beat up by playing in the SEC due to the SEC physicality, SEC speed, and even SEC practices. You gotta realize that practices in the SEC are just physically demanding that when SEC teams get into games, they're already worn out.

I am assuming this is a joke thread, right?....

Aug 7, 2019, 11:29 AM

the calendar did this not NCAA. They are legally required to offer 16? weeks of football and not sure of the number and this calendar year required this.

Re: I am assuming this is a joke thread, right?....

Aug 7, 2019, 4:48 PM

Pretty sure you're correct. The next "Two open date year" comes around again in 2027. I believe it really is a calendar issue; but, Bama & SEC probably DO have that kind of pull.

I could live with 3 or 4 open dates during the season....

Aug 7, 2019, 11:30 AM

1) would make the season last longer. It goes by way too fast.
2) gives us that go to the games a chance to catch up on yardwork and projects around the house.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could live with 3 or 4 open dates during the season....

Aug 7, 2019, 11:34 AM

for #2 - uh, you're supposed to have been doing that stuff for months. Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

That being said, I gotta go do some yard work now. :)

I asked the leaves to go ahead and start falling now

Aug 7, 2019, 11:44 AM

but they don't listen. They always wait until October. Just won't cooperate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gee thanks.....

Aug 8, 2019, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I could live with 3 or 4 open dates during the season.... ]

You've managed to guilt me into organizing my garage.

Aug 7, 2019, 11:32 AM

You think the NCAA did this at the last minute?

No. These things are planned years in advance.

Agree, it reminds me of the time Saban complained about

Aug 7, 2019, 12:07 PM

all the teams on their schedules who had open dates the week before they played Bama and the NCAA stepped in and changed up the SEC schedule. With all of his influence I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the fight to ban the HUNH offense

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Agree, it reminds me of the time Saban complained about

Aug 8, 2019, 12:58 AM

He already did! Unless you are just being funny! My sarcasm meter a little weak! The stupid Saban rule, the D must be able to change out personnel if offense changes personnel!

Maybe my meter is catching up!! Ha!

Aug 7, 2019, 12:26 PM

Saban will stop at nothing to get on that podium again. He loved being able to look eye to eye with everyone

Aug 7, 2019, 12:36 PM

Pretty sure its a combo of early Labor Day and late Thanksgiving that gives us an extra week of football this year. We have 2 bye weeks. I think Miami and UF have 3 since they start Week 0 instead of Week 1 like the rest of us.

Aug 7, 2019, 1:09 PM

The weekend of August 31 is listed as the 1st of 15 weeks in the NCAA college football schedule. That's end of August through end of November. I believe that we agreed on the early game with GT to open the network. Seems like a fairly normal college football schedule. Can you design a schedule for in that timeframe that doesn't include open dates? Also, what exactly is the downside of an open date - especially if you're teaching and healing through them?

Aug 8, 2019, 3:26 AM

Or he might just be sarcastic about Bama having the pull to get another bye week to help with their exhaustion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 7, 2019, 8:36 PM

They will still be tired if they make it to the playoffs.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic