Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The NFL Has Announced there will be a “Black National Anthem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 154
| visibility 1

The NFL Has Announced there will be a “Black National Anthem

Jul 2, 2020, 8:28 PM

I never knew there was a “Black National Anthem” . It’s called “Lift Ev’ ry Voice and Sing. So much for a Color Blind Society! Lefty Goodell and his Band of Idiots are Self-Destructing the NFL (National Felon League)!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To Be Played Before the Star Spangled Banner at all Week 1 Games

Jul 2, 2020, 8:30 PM

Sorry, my Subject Title was not complete.

Doesn’t hurt my feelings.***

Jul 2, 2020, 8:44 PM

Re: Doesn’t hurt my feelings.***

Jul 3, 2020, 12:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 2, 2020, 8:44 PM [ in reply to To Be Played Before the Star Spangled Banner at all Week 1 Games ]

Jul 2, 2020, 8:44 PM [ in reply to To Be Played Before the Star Spangled Banner at all Week 1 Games ]

Whoops, dang mobile site***

Jul 2, 2020, 8:47 PM

Imagine that making you upset enough to post about...

Jul 2, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Doesn’t hurt my feelings.*** ]

LOL.

Re: Imagine that making you upset enough to post about...

Jul 2, 2020, 9:53 PM

NC_Orange said:

LOL.

I’m not a Marxist though. Are you?

Silly question

Jul 2, 2020, 10:04 PM

Do you have a problem with Black Americans having the same rights as you? Do you have a problem with Black Americans?

These are good questions to ask yourself. And be honest!

Re: Silly question

Jul 2, 2020, 10:24 PM

Mind connecting the dots on the logic of your question?

He doesn’t want a United States of America

Jul 3, 2020, 12:32 AM

He wants a splintered America based on identity politics.

Instead of one country with a single National Anthem, we will need multiple anthems, depending on whether your identity group is willing to burn stuff down or not.

You may ask, does he have a problem with Native Americans having the same rights as Black Americans? Does he have a problem with Hispanic Americans having the same rights as Black Americans? Does he have a problem with Asian Americans having the same rights as Black Americans? Why does Slac hate these other identity groups and want to deny them equal rights? These are good questions to ask himself, and be honest.

Are we all Americans, with the same rights to hear our National Anthem. Together.
Anything else is just political theater by those that hate America.

Let’s celebrate our common humanity. Let’s celebrate what we have in common that makes us uniquely Americans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 4, 2020, 4:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Silly question ]

Population diversity expands the welfare state?inarguable fact; yet division is being quietly encouraged & rewarded, assimilation discouraged?key ingredients for creating a chaotic, lawless third world country

Jul 2, 2020, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Silly question ]

We are all American. One anthem for all. Next we should do native Americans anthem because we stole the land from them. To say we need a black anthem shows we aren’t united. Our country has only one not another for a race of people

One song, for one week of an nfl season

Jul 2, 2020, 11:07 PM

that spans more than 20. It is a small symbolic gesture that represents a fraction of the effort going to be needed to bring some unity to this country. Will it make everything OK? Certainly not, but it is a small example of change on an issue where owners and league officials were previously tone deaf. It’s a small gesture of kindness, not a reversal of orthodoxy. It’s a 100 year old poem, not NWA.

The fact that this many people would so vociferously object is absurdity.

Oh, just shut up

Jul 3, 2020, 12:49 AM

Everyone knows.... give an inch and it ends up being a mile...EVERY TIME!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You, unpleasantly, say this as if it is fact.

Jul 3, 2020, 5:29 AM

One song, one week sounds more like a drop on the bucket to me, if you want to get colloquial.

Who does it hurt? Could there be a benefit? Are you losing something in this?

Re: Oh, just shut up

Jul 8, 2020, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Oh, just shut up ]

Nah, the liberals don't know. They don't know a lot.

Re: One song, for one week of an nfl season

Jul 3, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to One song, for one week of an nfl season ]

Your question, which was really a passive-aggressive accusation, was about someone hating black people. I couldn’t follow the logic of how you got there. Still can’t from this response. You obviously don’t have to answer me. That’s your right, of course. I was just curious as to your reasoning.

Lounge reflex actually.

Jul 3, 2020, 12:04 PM

On the P&R Board, we've occasionally been known to jump to a conclusion or unnecessarily needle one another. Vaughan's conflation of advocating for the song with Marxism is the pret a porter accusation, that is a popular defense mechanism among media conservatives, and it made me chuckle a bit. So jumping to the racist question seemed to be the knee jerk mirror to his hair trigger assumption.

Not exactly polite, but neither was he.

Re: One song, for one week of an nfl season

Jul 4, 2020, 5:29 AM [ in reply to One song, for one week of an nfl season ]

While I that there needs to be change in our country with regards to racism I just cant find a good reason for a second national anthem. I get the thought process but have to say it does feel devisive. There are other ways to make a statement imo.

And by the time all the anthems are done maybe

Jul 3, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Silly question ]

Play a qtr of football

Jul 2, 2020, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Silly question ]

No, I do not! But Idiots like you are into Division. You probably don’t particularly like this Country. Perhaps you take a one ended trip to Venezuela.

Been to Venezuela, was a great place 20 yrs ago

Jul 2, 2020, 10:53 PM

like our country much better , tho, despite the prevalence of intolerance.

Jul 3, 2020, 1:23 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

In response to your first question:
What rights do Americans have that Black Americans do not? Ever heard of the equal justice clause in the 14th amendment?
In Response to your second question:
I have a problem with any American who expects special treatment based on the color of their skin.
And now a question for you:
If you are someone who believes America is systemically racist - what is the number one issue you have that shows this? Hint - if you say it's police brutality against Black Americans I will destroy your argument with facts, not feelings.

Just one example

Jul 3, 2020, 5:19 AM

This is a direct quote from John Ehrlichman, Nixon’s Chief of Domestic Policy.

“The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

This is the foundation of our nation’s drug laws. Laws on the books today were made to target specific communities and destroy them in the courts and in the media. These are facts. There are many others.

Systemic racism doesn’t permeate every facet of our culture, and every white person is not a racist. But you have to disregard a mountain of evidence to deny it exists.

Re: Just one example

Jul 3, 2020, 11:57 AM

I like this one - from CNN my favorite unbiased reporting agency:

"Ehrlichman died in 1999, but his five children in questioned the veracity of the account.
The 1994 alleged 'quote' we saw repeated in social media for the first time today does not square with what we know of our father. And collectively, that spans over 185 years of time with him," the Ehrlichman family wrote. "We do not subscribe to the alleged racist point of view that this writer now implies 22 years following the so-called interview of John and 16 years following our father's death, when dad can no longer respond. None of us have raised our kids that way, and that's because we were not raised that way."

So 16 years after his death - he was quoted. His family vehemently deny that he would ever say any such thing. And the quote "surfaced" during an election year.

Nice try.

He said, it was recorded.***

Jul 3, 2020, 12:05 PM

Re: He said, it was recorded.***

Jul 3, 2020, 12:29 PM

"Ehrlichman's comments did not surface until now after Baum remembered them while going back through old notes for the Harper's story."

Notes does not equal recording.

And if he did say it - which is dubious at best:
"And there's evidence that Ehrlichman felt bitter and betrayed by Nixon after he spent time in prison over the Watergate scandal, so he may have lied."

You can deflect or deny all you want, the quote

Jul 3, 2020, 12:49 PM

was recorded. Nixon's racism, and paranoia for that matter, is well documented. And there is absolutely no argument regarding the effect of Nixon's drug policy.

Re: You can deflect or deny all you want, the quote

Jul 3, 2020, 2:01 PM

And then the argument goes awry.

Here's how this works.

It was recorded because you say it was. I give a quote that says it was from notes which doesn't matter because it doesn't agree with your opinion.

The original response was directed at: if America is systemically racist, give me an example. If it is systemic that should be easy. You failed to provide one.

Then you make statements that are true but have nothing to do with the original discussion. I agree with your statement about Nixon and his policies but that doesn't give an example of systemic racism in America today.

Point, set, match.

Jul 8, 2020, 7:54 AM

Interesting to see how people respond when confronted with facts that contradict their talking point.

Re: Point, set, match.

Jul 8, 2020, 8:26 AM

What facts? If there is a recording lets hear it? Provide a link.

Re: Just one example

Jul 8, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Just one example ]

Okay, so let's say you are correct. If Nixon said that maybe its true.

What's your move? Legalize what? Weed, amphetamines, heroin, opiates, coke. Make it just a citation if you rob someone and steel less than $1,000?

What exactly, EXACTLY, do you propose to change? That's maybe the easy question...

The harder question is, what are the affects of those changes on people living in the black community?

Jul 3, 2020, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

Does the word "Balkanization" mean anything to you?

Will we have to have 17 different "national anthems" played before football games? One for black people, one for Hispanic people, one for lesbians, one for male-to-female trans, one for female-to-male-trans, one for...

Instead of one for all Americans?

Balkanization: a pejorative geopolitical term for the process of fragmentation or division of a region or state into smaller regions or states, which are often hostile or uncooperative with one another.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your example seems like hyperbole.

Jul 3, 2020, 10:53 AM

One song, one week. No slippery slope to slippity slide down. No Balkanization. No civil war. Just one song, one week. Surely you can see the potential for good in that and not the end of the world.

Jul 3, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

@old slac,

1: why would anyone have a problem with the AMERICAN NATIONAL anthem?
2: yes I have a problem with any one race having some special privileges over the other ethnicities.
3: to say that blacks should get any type of favoritism, or leg up on white, Hispanics, or Asians to “level the playing field”, is admitting that they are not as good of a race and cannot achieve it on their own, thus making YOU the racist.

Maybe If they didn’t raise they’re kids by multiple absent fathers (at a rate of 75% nationally), they applied themselves in the education system, and just worked for a living instead of being 13% of the population & committing 50% of the crime, they’d actually achieve what they say they want.

It all comes down to culture. Sure, whites have drug addicts , felons, and lowlifes just like any other. But by and large have a better culture. No different than what sets Clemson apart from many other schools.

Wow. That’s impressively racist. Our culture is

Jul 3, 2020, 11:01 AM

“Better” than theirs? You seriously think one song amounts to showing “them” favoritism? Your not willing to allow one song,, yet you think our culture is better than theirs. Mind boggling.

Re: Wow. That’s impressively racist. Our culture is

Jul 4, 2020, 5:23 AM

Minor point of order Slac. You misspelled the phrase mind-bottling. Not sure what that boggling thing is but on Tigernet it is bottling. ;)

Things a racist says...

Jul 3, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Silly question ]

See above

Jul 7, 2020, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Silly question ]

??

Jul 3, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

Don’t have a problem with black Americans or any American for that fact having equal rights as the rest of us.... but that is not what is going on here........they want to have special rights and privileges which applies only to them.......but not the rest of us......black lives matter is a racist statement because it indicates other lives don’t matter......because when you say white lives matter everybody who is not white starts jumping up and down and calls you a racist these days....it can’t work only one way because if one is a racist statement then so is the other....anytime you put white, black, or any other color for that matter in front of it when you make that statement then you are making a racist statement against ever other person who is not that color because ALL LIVES MATTER .....it is called reverse discrimination and that is what is really going on here.......enough is enough......Go Tigers!!!!!

Have you listened to the song? One song, one week.

Jul 3, 2020, 11:09 AM

Nobody complained for years and years when the Tiger Band played Dixie after the Tiger Rag. This is a one off to address an issue in a turbulent time, what might we (America)achieve by giving a little? It costs nothing, too.

Re: Have you listened to the song? One song, one week.

Jul 3, 2020, 1:22 PM

I went to my first Clemson game in 1972 and entered Clemson in 1975. I played in the band for four years. I have never heard Dixie played at Howard field. That's almost fifty years. We don't need to recognize any race before the national anthem. I believe in one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Also - Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Re: Have you listened to the song? One song, one week.

Jul 8, 2020, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Have you listened to the song? One song, one week. ]

Gee whiz. Really?

No one complained then BECAUSE THE LIBERAL MEDIA AND SOCIAL MEDIA WERE NOT CONVINCING EVERYONE THEY ARE VICTIMS AND NEED TO BE OFFENDED AT EVERYTHING.

Do you really not see that?

Jul 3, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

I will answer with my wallet. Best way to object.

Go on...***

Jul 4, 2020, 3:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

Jul 3, 2020, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

Jul 3, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

Jul 3, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

Jul 4, 2020, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Silly question ]

Do you have a problem acknowledging that Black Americans already have the same rights as you?

What they don't have, by their own testimony, is the same equity or opportunity as you. Opportunities usually are cumulative. They begin with a strong family, and they are layered with good education, strong communication skills, good work ethic, determination to stay clean from drugs and self-destructive friends, and maintain high expectations for oneself.

So which of your opportunities are you willing to sacrifice for them so that their opportunities can be equal to yours?

I would feel good about myself if you honestly answered the question.

Jul 7, 2020, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Silly question ]

I try to Love everyone, but the National Anthem we have is for all Americans and I think that includes Black people. I don't buy the African-American stuff, we are all Americans and should try to be inclusive, instead of have special Anthems and special events for different races. We are all brothers and sisters in God's eyes.

Nope just another American capitalist...

Jul 3, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Imagine that making you upset enough to post about... ]

But I understand and empathize that forced free labor helped this country become a strong economy too.

Hopefully they play this during the super bowl since it’s typically played in February during black history month. Would that offend everyone too?

Re: Nope just another American capitalist...

Jul 3, 2020, 1:27 PM

Quick note. We were not an economic force in the times that some used "free forced labor". We became a force during the industrial age using our great natural resources.

So before the industrial revolution?

Jul 3, 2020, 2:54 PM

I forgot the agriculture industry didn’t exist and No work was done prior to then. The Industrial Age started in the late 1700’s in the US. Unfortunately a majority of that was in the north, The south had plenty of free labor still.

I never said economic force. I said helped to become and strong economy.

Re: The NFL Has Announced there will be a “Black National Anthem

Jul 2, 2020, 8:47 PM

Do you think anyone will take a knee due to the abundance of Black on Black crime that deserves our attention?

Since it's the white man's job to fix systemic Black problems, should I stick my nose in to help the good ones solve this problem with the bad ones?

Maybe

Jul 2, 2020, 8:51 PM

POTUS will call them all sons a b I t ch e s again. That was GREAT the first time.

Good - our country needs to be divided further.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:02 PM

I mean, as long as we've not only given up on it, but flat out rejected "One nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all". Let's just go ahead and split it right into.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Great.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:10 PM

The best way to bring the races together is to keep separating them.

And question: What nation will this anthem actually be celebrating?

Liberia***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

You've never heard the song?

Jul 2, 2020, 9:12 PM

really???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 9:14 PM

Even more shocking is it was written by David Allen Coe

Jul 2, 2020, 9:55 PM

outlaw1081 said:

Even more shocking is it was written by David Allen Coe

No, it was written as a Poem by James Weldon.

Been to many games where “God Bless America” was played

Jul 2, 2020, 9:15 PM

before the National Anthem. That didn’t offend me.

Now a different song. Doesn’t seem like a big deal.

If the NFL had decided to substitute another song and NOT play The Star-Spangled Banner ... that would be disrespectful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been to games where ‘Dixie’ was played before the

Jul 2, 2020, 9:17 PM

anthem. And in some very familiar places

I remember back in the 60s in DV hearing Tiger Band...

Jul 2, 2020, 9:55 PM

play Tiger Rag which was usually immediately followed-up by them playing Dixie. The combination of those two songs sounded great!!

Exactly. So another nice song would fine, right?***

Jul 2, 2020, 10:05 PM

Re: Exactly. So another nice song would fine, right?***

Jul 3, 2020, 1:35 PM

Exactly? Are you proposing that we return to the sixties and play racially divisive songs before sporting events.

Do you consider "Lift Every Voice and Sing" divisive?

Jul 3, 2020, 4:37 PM

Lift Every Voice and Sing
James Weldon Johnson, J. Rosamond Johnson

Lift ev'ry voice and sing
'Til earth and heaven ring
Ring with the harmonies of Liberty
Let our rejoicing rise
High as the list'ning skies
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun
Let us march on 'til victory is won
Stony the road we trod
Bitter the chastening rod
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died
Yet with a steady beat
Have not our weary feet
Come to the place for which our fathers sighed?
We have come over a way that with tears has been watered
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered
Out from the gloomy past
'Til now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast
God of our weary years
God of our silent tears
Thou who has brought us thus far on the way
Thou who has by Thy might
Led us into the light
Keep us forever in the path, we pray
Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee
Lest, our hearts drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee
Shadowed beneath Thy hand
May we forever stand
True to our God
True to our native land

Dixie

Jul 8, 2020, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Exactly. So another nice song would fine, right?*** ]

Yall are right. This is disgusting and horrible:

"Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten,
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

In Dixie Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin', (I recall it as "early on one Sunday mornin'")
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie"

Good Lord - Just listened to the song & read lyrics ...

Jul 2, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Been to many games where “God Bless America” was played ]

Hardly offensive or disrespectful.

Unless some don’t like numerous references to God.

Re: Good Lord - Just listened to the song & read lyrics ...

Jul 2, 2020, 9:58 PM

Tropical said:

Hardly offensive or disrespectful.

Unless some don’t like numerous references to God.

I could care less abou the words. I’m just peeved that the National Anthem is being subverted.

Re: Been to many games where “God Bless America” was played

Jul 3, 2020, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Been to many games where “God Bless America” was played ]

But never was anything called another national anthem.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds so "inclusive"

Jul 2, 2020, 9:20 PM

What a GREAT public relations move. That's super-smart.

While he's at it he should force NFL teams to fire all the white coaches, and players. Then, he should ban ALL white people from attending games. Lastly, Goodell should fire himself.

He's a total hypocrite.

In fact, if he really cared he'd give the NFL to black players, and turn over all of his personal assets to BLM.

Half measures are for losers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That sounds so "inclusive"

Jul 2, 2020, 9:24 PM

I thought we were created equal not by race. Don't really care for NFL lost interest many years ago.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:24 PM

Should I kneel for this one or turn my back?

Jul 2, 2020, 9:28 PM

Really really hope Clemson adopts this same measure. After going full on woke the last month, should be fun to see the reactions in the stands.

I hope we do, too. It’s quite a pretty song.***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:33 PM

Jul 2, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The NFL Has Announced there will be a “Black National Anthem ]

POTUS wants the Russian anthem so he can salute his buddy.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:35 PM

Ivan Drago?

"I MUST BREAK YOU!!!"....***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:44 PM

Jul 2, 2020, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: The NFL Has Announced there will be a “Black National Anthem ]

KCTIGER said:

POTUS wants the Russian anthem so he can salute his buddy.

That would be for the Lefties like Biden and Hillary (who paid Russians to make up a Hoax)!

Jul 2, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The NFL Has Announced there will be a “Black National Anthem ]

Funny that the Democrats want this nation to be a Communist #### hole, yet they give Trump Hell for working with the Russians.
More hypocrisy.

Then why not a A Samoan Song and one for Guatemalaand one for

Jul 2, 2020, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: The NFL Has Announced there will be a “Black National Anthem ]

Mexico and one for you. This is RIdiculous!

F the NFL.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:39 PM

The most racist people I know are:

1. African Americans

2. White people from Ohio

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: F the NFL.

Jul 2, 2020, 9:46 PM

The most racist people I know are:

1. African Americans

2. White people from Ohio

I'm black...... So... Am I Racist ?...

Jul 3, 2020, 2:59 PM

black or white, ANYBODY can be a racist. it's not limited to a white thing. being black does not exclude you from being racist. only you know if you are or not. one more thing, ive heard people use the term "reverse racism" no such word! racism is racism: period.

Jul 8, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: F the NFL. ]

As a black person, given today's climate, do you see blacks as racist?

Legit question...

I feel for the professional blacks in my office. I would be totally embarrassed at what the left is doing "on my behalf."

Play Woody Guthrie’s “This Land is Your Land” to be radical!***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:41 PM

Jul 2, 2020, 9:48 PM

Won’t watch 1 game this season.

This isn't the airport, you don't have to announce your

Jul 3, 2020, 7:48 AM

departure.

Could have done without the

Jul 2, 2020, 9:59 PM

National felon league.

Re: Could have done without the

Jul 3, 2020, 12:51 PM

National felon league.

Be careful my friend... We plenty of former players playing in that league...

what's this NFL you are talking about?***

Jul 2, 2020, 10:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why do i get the feeling

Jul 2, 2020, 10:51 PM

that if a white player kneeled during it the pro kneelers would suddenly thing kneeling during an anthem is disrespectful.

When will they play a song for meeee?? Hold me***

Jul 2, 2020, 11:54 PM

Re: When will they play a song for meeee?? Hold me***

Jul 3, 2020, 1:28 AM

If you are in the stands when this is played, just sit down. One stands for a nation's anthem and this is not a nations anthem.

And this will be the first year..

Jul 3, 2020, 1:30 AM

A white woman will be crowned Miss Black America

Not

Wonder what would happen if there was Miss White America? I know that most winners in Miss America have been white, but there have been numerous black winners, too.

someone please tell Kap and all the BLM'ers that I will sit

Jul 3, 2020, 3:51 AM

during this song, be shooting the sh*t with my buddy next to me, and probably be talking on the phone too.

You can also tell them that I am protesting the violence that occurs in gangs and in the drug trade every day in this country,

the violence that is directed at the Police every day in this country, and

pretty much all the violence that has occurred since and including when George Floyd died.

Re: someone please tell Kap and all the BLM'ers that I will sit

Jul 3, 2020, 5:33 AM

Where I’m from, we call him Fentanyl Floyd

Re: someone please tell Kap and all the BLM'ers that I will sit

Jul 3, 2020, 6:24 AM [ in reply to someone please tell Kap and all the BLM'ers that I will sit ]

Do you think Clements will paint Black Lives Matter on the road in front of Tillman Hall or on the field in Death Valley?

Oct 8, 2014, 12:00 PM

Odd

What a typically embarrassing thread

Jul 3, 2020, 7:46 AM

Hard to believe some of you are presumably college graduates.

Re: What a typically embarrassing thread

Jul 3, 2020, 10:11 AM

The Thread is fine. Your post is embarrassing!

Jul 3, 2020, 8:40 AM

But yet when a white man speaks the truth he is racist. We are going down a dangerous road as a country. The Government should be rewarding the hard working good citizens and make the criminals scared to be Crooks.
NO MATTER the Color and oh yeah F the NFL.

Jul 3, 2020, 9:05 AM

If you want to feel encouraged watch the video from the Clay County, Florida sheriff. He gives a strong warning to the crooks and says he will make deputies of gun owning citizens if he had to. I think the trouble makers might want to stay in the big cities.

Nothing says unity like

Jul 3, 2020, 9:10 AM

whites and blacks having our own separate national anthems.

Are folks really upset that one of the pre-game songs

Jul 3, 2020, 10:30 AM

in the NFL will now be "Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing"? For one week? Wow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are folks really upset that one of the pre-game songs

Jul 3, 2020, 11:13 AM

No people are upset that they are playing a “black national anthem”. It’s a slap in the face to people of all races who would rather see one nation under God.

It's a pre-game song.

Jul 3, 2020, 11:56 AM

You sound hysterical over it. Slap in the face for all God-fearing Americans? What a joke.

Re: It's a pre-game song.

Jul 3, 2020, 12:04 PM

No I just prefer one strong unified nation. That’s no joke at all.

Jul 3, 2020, 12:25 PM

And playing a pre-game song that is important and endearing to many African Americans - and is quite inspirational at that - affects this unity how? It isn't replacing the National Anthem, friend. Just wow at some folks.

Jul 3, 2020, 1:39 PM

They are calling it the black national anthem. If you can’t see that as divisive I have no further interest in discussing this with you.

Jul 4, 2020, 12:43 AM

Tardog said:

They are calling it the black national anthem. If you can’t see that as divisive I have no further interest in discussing this with you.

So you only want to have discussions with people that agree with you. And you are lecturing people about being divisive?

Jul 4, 2020, 3:49 PM

I believe that he said multiple times that he found it to be divisive. You never gave reason to say it wasn't, nor established the common ground necessary to have a worthwhile conversation.

He moved on.

Your loss, because you're stuck on obstinate without a reason. He gave his reason multiple times. You didn't.

Jul 4, 2020, 5:13 AM [ in reply to Re: It's a pre-game song. ]

Who is "they"...also, do you understand what and how quotations are used?

Jul 4, 2020, 5:34 PM

Oh come on have we not established “they” as the NFL?

Jul 3, 2020, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: It's a pre-game song. ]

Man there sure is a TD p*zzy on the loose on this topic.

Some folks need to grow a pair.

Jul 3, 2020, 4:32 PM

That’s one tough man behind that keyboard.

Listen Retardog, go ask your mom for a donation to

Jul 3, 2020, 4:37 PM

Tigernet so your TD's will count. Like mine are about to. Didn't want to assume who it was but thanks for the clarity.

Have a great Independence Day, and Go Tigers!

Re: Listen Retardog, go ask your mom for a donation to

Jul 3, 2020, 5:32 PM

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about? If he doesn’t answer back could someone please help? Seriously, what??

Re: Listen Retardog, go ask your mom for a donation to

Jul 4, 2020, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Listen Retardog, go ask your mom for a donation to ]

Tigernet so your TD's will count. Like mine are about to. Didn't want to assume who it was but thanks for the clarity.

Have a great Independence Day, and Go Tigers!

Poor comment calling Tardog mentally challenged . I'm sure the campers at Clemson's Camp Hope would like to see your work.

You are correct, ma'am.

Jul 6, 2020, 9:06 AM

It was frustrating seeing some poor soul TD posts simply based on a difference of opinion - so I provided a legitimate TD-worthy post to help illustrate the difference. It's pretty sad when someone flies around simply TD'ing positions they don't like - not really good form there but some people are just that way.

HTH

Re: You are correct, ma'am.

Jul 6, 2020, 9:50 AM

Your comments were directed at me so would you please answer a question. What the heck does posting TDs even mean? You said I should get my mom to donate to TigerNet to get my TDs up. I swear I have no idea what that means? I’m serious here. Please explain.

My initial comment was directed at the TD'er, not you

Jul 6, 2020, 10:10 AM

directly, that's why I posted it as a response to my own post. I responded to your "tough man" BS directly and will let you figure out the rest. My comment challenging your mental faculty was uncalled for.

Curious though, are you in favor of renaming Fort Bragg and Fort Benning?

Re: My initial comment was directed at the TD'er, not you

Jul 6, 2020, 10:25 AM

I apologize about the tough man comment. As for the name changes I am open to anything that is an effort to bring true unity and peace. Forceful removal of monuments, etc is not the right method in my opinion. I’m also never going to allow anyone with ties to the confederacy to automatically be labeled as a horrible person. . I had 3 ancestors fight for North Carolina and they were simply answering the call to duty. They were poor and never had slaves.
Now about getting my mom to make a donation, that would be a hoot since she is an 87 year old die hard Tar Heel.

Jul 6, 2020, 10:09 PM

FYI, if you are a paying member you can give Thumbs Down anonymously.

It drives the other poster’s pulse down, and too many of them gets a poster removed from the board. It is an encouragement to play nicely, even when you disagree.

Jul 7, 2020, 6:49 AM

Thank you for explaining that Rw43. I’m not tech or social media savvy so I’ve never understood what these percentages ,etc are. I just joined the forum a couple months ago to talk football but of course recent events seem to dominate. I get it because it’s hard to think about anything else right now. Anyway, thank you my friend.

Jul 7, 2020, 11:40 AM

No problem.

And because I gave you a Thumbs Up, your point total moved up.

Jul 7, 2020, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the help!!

Jul 8, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: It's a pre-game song. ]

Just WOW at you dumba$$es who can't understand unintended consequences and cause-and-effect.

You are promoting continued division...and strife, and race wars, etc. etc. That's on you. It's a shame you are ignorant to it.

Jul 3, 2020, 10:31 AM

Let me get this straight, during the national anthem at NFL games, black players can take a knee. Now I am told they will play the black national anthem prior to games. I have decided that I will never watch another NFL game.

Is There a White National Anthem I am Unaware Of?***

Jul 3, 2020, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The one you cry about every time a black person kneels?

Jul 3, 2020, 2:46 PM

Maybe start with that one?

Re: The one you cry about every time a black person kneels?

Jul 3, 2020, 3:02 PM

Maybe start with that one?

How is the Star Spangled Banner a “White National Anthem”?

Re: The one you cry about every time a black person kneels?

Jul 4, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to The one you cry about every time a black person kneels? ]

That's for all Americans

So much for the Unites State of America***

Jul 3, 2020, 11:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 3, 2020, 1:31 PM

"We will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the US. We will destroy you from within".

Nikita Krushchev -1956

Jul 3, 2020, 2:28 PM

You know something NCTigerFan? We may pull for different football teams but on the team that matters you and I would get along just fine. That quote you posted is so obviously coming true right before our eyes.

Jul 3, 2020, 1:35 PM

What an obvious move in the wrong direction. "Separate But Equal" is a bad idea (see Plessy v. Fergurson).

We need to be more united, this is one country, for all Americans.

Jul 8, 2020, 8:52 AM

For once I agree with Felix!

Whois the idiot who thought this is a good idea?

Jul 3, 2020, 2:18 PM

First, I don’t care if there is other music played right before the USA National Anthem, go for it. But to call it the Black national anthem does nothing but further divide when we should be finding common ground to pull back together in a common interest.
So who are they appeasing here?
So now we will have a USA national anthem.
We will have a black national anthem.
What will happen when Caucasians want a national anthem?
Then on to Hispanic
Asian?

Then, how will it bring us together if the players stand in attention for the black one, but not the USA?
That will further decide.

We are all Americans. There is only one national anthem.
Pull together, address the issues. Further division is a bad idea and simply pandering.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 3:05 PM

This is classic reverse racism. What happen to one America? This is a case of further dividing society. As a veteran of both the Air Force and Army, I am appalled at this. I served alongside Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asian Americans, and even a few of Indian anscetory. You learn really quickly that a person's skin color is irrelevant. It's is about can I rely on and trust this person with my life? America wake up and lean upon what made us great. Love thy fellow man and let no BS separate us!!

Jul 3, 2020, 3:29 PM

It seems I heard that a statue of Francis Scott Key had been toppled.
He is the one who wrote that terrible anthem to our nation.
How long till it has been supplanted?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 5:26 AM [ in reply to Re: The NFL Has Announced there will be a “Black National Anthem ]

You lost me on "reverse racism." Racism is just that. There is no reverse.

Jul 4, 2020, 1:21 AM

Yeah this sounds unifying. Seems to me this nonsense only serves to further drive wedges between people.

We are one nation. Any title like this is silly and shows poor judgement and utter selfishness.

Jul 4, 2020, 7:17 AM

Careful with the patriotic unity message Cornflakes. You’ll get called names like “Retardog”. I have to admit though the guy did make me laugh on that one. Points for creativity.

LOL ^^***

Jul 8, 2020, 8:54 AM

They have to play the Albanian national anthem for Kristjen Sokoli

Jul 4, 2020, 4:18 PM

And there are about 10 Aussies, a dozen Canadians, and a few from various African countries. Each game will be like the opening ceremony for the Olympics.

What's a NFL?***

Jul 4, 2020, 7:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2020, 9:56 AM

svaughan said:

I never knew there was a “Black National Anthem” . It’s called “Lift Ev’ ry Voice and Sing. So much for a Color Blind Society! Lefty Goodell and his Band of Idiots are Self-Destructing the NFL (National Felon League)!

Nice song, but there is only one national anthem for our country. I have been done with the NFL since Kaperdick started kneeling and now I don't even watch the Superbowl. I hope they go beankrupt.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2020, 12:03 PM

I’m good with any song for our anthem but I believe we should be united under one Nation under God.

We have to stop dividing ourselves into 2-3 groups. We are the Clemson Tigers ?? not the White Tigers, Black Tigers, Yellow Tigers or brown Tigers.

When we divide ourselves we become weak. A house divided shall not stand..

They should play one song, no matter what song is chosen for all of us united Americans. We need to stop dividing ourselves into groups, colors the best thing about our country is we are all Americans who stand for freedom, Justice and liberty.

Go America and Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 7, 2020, 1:51 PM

We might as well live the way Malcolm X suggested “ Separate but Equal “. I don’t think most races want to live this way. Unfortunately, the younger generation is pushing for a communist government.

Go online and read the Drudge Report, they are trying to get Tucker Carlson off the air. It’s the kind of things communist’s do when taking over a government.

People please wake up fight back to save the democratic way of life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 8:34 AM

Did Sir Mix-A-Lot write that one too?

Replies: 154
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic