Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Its a GREAT DAY brothers and sisters!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 165
| visibility 1

Its a GREAT DAY brothers and sisters!

Nov 15, 2018, 1:23 PM

I'm going to put this all out there, for me and for people who may be struggling. Its long, its from my heart, but it may be hard to read.
I'll refer to my daughter as she throughout..

My daughter is smart, funny, and a sheer delight to anyone who meets her; but she carries a weight and darkness. She has been going to therapy for years and is on meds. Her mother is an amazing stay at home mom, and I feel confident in saying that I am a loving and available dad. We spend a lot of time together and enjoy life together. Despite this, the darkness inside can overwhelm her.

For the last year, I've seen her really buy into getting better. Her response to life and adversity started to change for the better. Hardships could be learned from an even laughed at in a healthy way. She went to more than weekly therapy and willingly took her newly prescribed meds daily. Things were looking amazing.

On Tuesday, my wife arrived at school to pick her up. Sometimes she stays late to finish work and has her phone off, so 30 mins later it wasn't a red flag she hadn't come out. 60 mins later, the school had been checked an APB for missing person was filed. Her phone was still off, and that never happens. Immediately friends and their parents were called, a text chain started, fb posts made. It was now 4p, 3 hours late for pick up. The cops last had a cell tower ping from the day before, so no help there.

Friends searched our little downtown. I walked the school grounds with her assistant principal. My wife worked to go through social media history, which we allow minimal of. Finally, by 6pm, we were able to piece together a story and location where she was last seen. By this boys account, my daughter was frantic. He dropped her off by another friends house, which is on a pretty creek in a very steep and wooded area.

The cops refused to send out search and rescue for safety of their team given the darkness, cold temps (30s), and steep, brambly, rocky terrain. So 6 of us put on headlamps and fanned out methodically searching for 2 hours.

At 9p, my wife thought of another place to check. We went there, searched again, no luck. We went to grocery stores, parks, restaurants.. no luck. It is 10p, 9 hours late, cell phone off. We were tired, covered in poison oak and blackerry bush scrapes, out of ideas, sad, scared, tired, cold, hungry.. but not able to give up. We stopped at a bridge over this creek, our friends still out searching but on a bikeway/greenway. The bridge is over a steep ravine with an abrupt 40-50ft drop. We slid down the hill, my wife went right, I went left.

I stood still for a moment and listened. I heard the sound of a dolphin or manatee coming up for air (i was exhausted), and ignored it for a half second. Then I whipped my heard toward it. 15ft further down slope in the creek was my daughter, fully dressed, floating face up, in 2ft of water on the bank of the creek. I was on a 10ft boulder surrounded by blackberry below me. I didn't know what to do, so i jumped. Thank God I didn't break an ankle, but I needed to get there as I'm yelling frantically for my wife to call 911. I jump in the creek, the water probably 48-55 degrees, check her for injuries that would imply trauma or need to hold her in stable c-spine position, and then pull her out of the water. 911 is on speaker. We are ripping her wet clothes off and stipping down to give my daughter our dry clothes. 911, please hurry, just get here.
That wait for fire and ambulance may have been 4 mins or 20mins, it was a lifetime. My daughter's eyes are open and she is looking around, but she is not there. She is mumbling incoherently, foaming spit at the mouth, she has irregular but effective breathing, her skin is ice.

I hear the sirens, I climb the hill, flag down the ambulance, give them a 10 sec recap. We slide back down slope, load her onto a carrying tarp, and I grab a handle as the 3 firefighters and I carry her upslope.

More first respoders show up, she's placed on a board, and then loaded into the rig. I finally break and wail and shake. That image of my daughters white skin reflecting in the dark of the water, lifeless, but not..

My friends have showed up. They clothe me and push me into a car. My wife is in the ambulance with my daughter. In the ER she is intubated and placed on a breathing machine. She has a weak pulse, they cannot get a blood pressure, her core temp is 85 degrees, and that's after some warming. 85F.
She is CT scanned from head to pelvis, tubes and lines in, labs sent. This is a rural hospital, I am an ICU RN, and I know we are in too deep for their ability. Politely, an within 20 mins, I've asked to please request transfer to Ped ICU anywhere in Sacramento. They oblige, and it happens within an hour. UC Davis is an amazing hospital and she is transferred rhe hour ride without incident.

Over the first night, I watched her do things on a ventilator I have never seen hitting resp rate of 120 breaths per minute (12 years experience). Her pupils are expanding and constricting constantly with light shown in her eyes. She has a neuro finding called clonus. Her temp is still in the low 90-92 degrees as they try to warm her. Her heart and bp have stabilized but the signs point to severe hypoxic (no oxygen) brain injury, possibly involving the brainstem.

We pray. I ask for prayers. The staff does amazing things. Everyone is trying. The MDs are reserved in their prognosis with the very real and clinically indicated severe brain injury
We get to yest evening, 24 hours after she was found, and the resident does a neuro exam. The resident is meek and I asked if I could try.

I step in put knuckles into my daughter's sternum and push hard. I need to know what she does. Immediately, her eyes flung open and she reached with both hands to stop me. That is exactly the response I had prayed for! You don't do that with severe hypoxic brain injury.

She had some hits overnight as she not surprisingly developed a pneumonia. But this morning, my sweet girl, my life, my everything looked me in the eye. She is there. She is alive in body and mind. She is still intubated on the ventilator, but will likely be taken off today. She is nodding her head. She does not maintain eye contact for long, but she is there.

I don't know what type of damage she will sustain long term, but right now I don't care. We found our daughter in a creek 8 miles from my house, she still had life, she was rescued, she was prayed for, and she is here.

I cannot thank God or all of you enough. She is an amazing human being struggling to overcome her inner darkness.. and she will. But even as I weep recounting this story, both from fear/sadness and joy, I cannot believe that we are here. I cannot believe all the things that had to come together for this child to have another chance.

I was overwhelmed when i put my head down last night and saw all the prayers and love you all posted. I believe the prayers made a difference. I know your quick posts meant the world to me as I read through the first half last night giving a tu to each before I finally crashed into sleep. I will finish the rest.

Thank you God, thank you Tiger Family. I simply don't have the words to covey my overwhelming sense of gratitude.
Peace and love to you all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Its a GREAT DAY brothers and sisters!

Nov 15, 2018, 1:23 PM

Great to hear. God bless.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praise the Lord!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:49 PM

Ever since I read your request for prayer, I have done nothing but wait to hear this news! So glad your daughter is alive. I will continue to pray she improves.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 1:28 PM

Stay strong and keep the faith. Will continue to pray for you, your daughter, the caregivers and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HALLELUJAH!!!

Nov 15, 2018, 1:28 PM

Cried as I read this; children are such a blessing.

Hope she fully recovers, in every respect!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 1:29 PM

OMG! More prayers sent! You are definitely one lucky man, great father, and a inspiration to us all! Way to do what was necessary to find your daughter!

Nov 15, 2018, 1:30 PM

Excellent news!

Continued prayers for you and your family.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 4:34 PM

I am a college professor and I began reading your post shortly before my last class of the day. I almost lost it in front of my students, but I pulled myself together long enough to explain the situation. Tears are not enough! The Lord does indeed hear our cries and answers our prayers!!

May you, your family and especially your daughter, be blessed in a daily journey.

That's an amazing story...

Nov 15, 2018, 1:30 PM

glad to hear the good news, and thank you for sharing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Amen...

Nov 15, 2018, 1:32 PM

Just...amen...

And a 'whew!'

Wow, God bless and strengthen you all. Stay hopeful, we all are. ????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crying ...... Bump***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news. I have been praying for your daughter and your family and will continue to do so.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:33 PM

Brings tears to me eyes reading this. Bless your daughter, you, and your entire family.

God is good!

null

Nov 15, 2018, 3:42 PM

Amen. This has been fantastic news. I hope and pray for your family as you journey through this.

This is proof that no one should ever give up hope.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:34 PM

God is with you all. Your precious daughter will overcome this with a new resolve to get stronger each day. Sending Tiger hugs and continued prayers for each of you. Thank you for taking the time to update us. Philippians 4:13

Re: Its a GREAT DAY brothers and sisters! Thanks 4 update

Nov 15, 2018, 1:36 PM

so glad to hear this news. Thank God you found her when you did and knew your stuff. Continuing to pray for all you guys. I'm sure even a medical ro like you feels totally wrung out and drained by this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its a GREAT DAY brothers and sisters! Thanks 4 update

Nov 15, 2018, 1:49 PM

Unbelievable what you and your family have been through. We will continue to pray for y'all for as long as it takes Good luck and God bless

Nov 15, 2018, 1:37 PM

Wow, thank you for sharing. Cried as I read this.

Never, ever, EVER give up hope.

God bless you & your family. I will be thinking of you all

Nov 15, 2018, 1:38 PM

I’m glad to hear things are looking better Soy. That is indeed good news.

I hope this is the beginning of a great recovery, not only from her incident, but also as she fights with her inner struggle.

“There’s hope. There is something on the other side of this. Don’t get caught up where you are. Don’t stay where you are. Keep moving. Keep pushing through!” - Brian Dawkins

Nov 15, 2018, 2:14 PM

You know when she is better, I bet Brian would come y’all to her. Her went through some inner demons and cane through the other side. It may help.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 15, 2018, 1:39 PM

Soy, tears of happiness here.

Great news man, great news!

Nov 15, 2018, 1:39 PM

I will continue to pray for her recovery. Thank you for sharing your story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's fantastic news brother !!!!***

Nov 15, 2018, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:44 PM

Continued prayers for you and yours. God bless

Nov 15, 2018, 1:44 PM

Can't even imagine what you're going through. Sounds like you're in a good spiritual place for this. Prayers for you all!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its a GREAT DAY!!!!

Nov 15, 2018, 1:45 PM

Kudos to you, your wife, family and friends Soy! To continue as you all did - well, that’s what it takes - but it is what love of another is. And it HAS to be that way for those we have brought into this world.

God Bless you and yours, and may He continue to give you this love, devotion and strength going forward!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Reading this post brought tears of joy and relief...

Nov 15, 2018, 1:47 PM

I can only imagine what you've been experiencing. Thank you Lord! Continued prayers for a complete recovery and for strength for your family.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Thank you for sharing. Continued prayers for healing.***

Nov 15, 2018, 1:48 PM

It's sometimes profound to realize...

that God's love for your child is greater than yours. With 7 children and 13 grandchildren it's the only thing that keeps me sound.

God bless you and keep you and yours on your journey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God is good.

Great News!!! I will keep you in my prayers brother.

If the Tigers make it to Santa Clara in January, I am coming out there.

I don't know what I can do, but if I can do anything while I am out there, let me know and I will see to it. I know Santa Clara is within a couple hours of Sacramento.

God Bless,
Matt

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

wow, thank the lord you had us worried

There were a lot of us thinking about you and praying for your family. great news

Nov 15, 2018, 1:51 PM

Wow. Great news considering...hopefully somehow she pulls through this fully. I know this is hard for you and your wife, but stay strong and believe. What a miracle story. Thank you for the update...many of us have been worried for her. God Bless and we'll continue praying.

God is good!***

Nov 15, 2018, 1:58 PM

Nov 15, 2018, 1:58 PM

My heart breaks and tears flow as I read this. How can people not believe in the power of prayer. Prayers will continue to be lifted up for your daughter and all of you, her family. May she know over and over how she is loved and may this, lift her, with God's help, out of this darkness. God bless you all.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:59 PM

Keep your eyes on Christ and you’ll stay on the right path.

Nov 15, 2018, 1:59 PM

Continued prayers that she makes a full recovery!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:02 PM

I will be praying for you, your family and especially, your daughter. What an amazing story you have written. What determination and courage you and your wife have. The devotion to your daughter leaps off the page. May God bless and keep her.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:02 PM

So grateful these tears I taste are joy-filled ones!!!!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to update us! Our prayers are sincere and from deep within. We will continue to wash your sweet girl with those prayers!

My youngest son, the father of my only grandson, is six months clean from his opioid addiction. That is where his inner darkness drove him. He is making progress, the battle will be lifelong . . . He it is worth it.

The tears I taste are for all our children . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 2:03 PM

So happy to hear it, Soy. We don't know each other, but have chatted a couple of times on here. As a fellow Charlestonian, I can't tell you how happy I am to read your post. Congrats to you and your family, and I hope you (as well as the entire Clemson family) has a safe and fun holiday season.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:04 PM

Prayer definitely works! Stay strong in the Faith!

It was God's will that you found her. 1 Thes 5:16-18.***

Nov 15, 2018, 2:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So glad to hear she is improving. Thank you for sharing your harrowing tale. We will continue to pray for you and your family's speedy recovery.

In my prayers

God bless your family.

Praise God Praise God Praise God Praise God Praise God ...

Nov 15, 2018, 2:07 PM

So glad to hear this news. Continued prayers for recovery in every way.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:10 PM

God bless you and your family. Just over a year ago we thought we had lost our then 12 YO daughter and it was the worst day of my life, but in the end the greatest because she survived and has since grown into a healthy and happy 14 YO. I can't imagine the fear and pain you felt as you searched for your daughter. I pray that God gives you all peace and strength followed by a full recovery. Thank you for sharing the personal and difficult details of what happened, I pray that it helps others deal with situations they are experiencing.

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

I cry as I read this this shear desperation, fear and enormous love. We are all imperfect and this baby of yours has an amazing suport system. I pray that this is her point of realizing the things in her life that she can change. I pray that with Gods healing touch she recovers from this from near tragedy. You and your wife hold that baby tight. She knows your love for her and hopefully she will, with time, find her place where she fits in this crazy world. Blessings to you. Stay strong, I know it’s hard, but that lands on someone. If me or my family can ever help you, please just let us know.
Love from a Tiger
Jean

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May God bless you, your wife, and your daughter

Thanks for sharing.

We’ll keep praying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to go Dad!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:11 PM

What an incredible story - praying for your daughter's full recovery. She sounds like she's surrounded by the right people for it to happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 2:13 PM

Awesome news. Have been praying and will continue.Reading this brought tears to my eyes. Praying that GOD will give her acomplete recovery. He already has blessed her with parents like you and your wife.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Continued prayers for you and your family.***

Indeed our God is good... thank you for

The update. Prayers will continue brother

Holy moly!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:18 PM

Hoping you get lots more good news in the days ahead.

The definition of awesome!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:19 PM

May God continue to watch over your daughter, and all in your family. You have a lot of people here who care, and we will continue to pray. God bless!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:22 PM

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

God led you to that creek. There is no other possible way.***

Nov 15, 2018, 2:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still saying Prayers for her and

Nov 15, 2018, 2:24 PM

for your family on this difficult journey.

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

sending more prayers!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:26 PM

and quit cutting onions up in here.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:26 PM

soywaker® said:

I'm going to put this all out there, for me and for people who may be struggling. Its long, its from my heart, but it may be hard to read.
I'll refer to my daughter as she throughout..

My daughter is smart, funny, and a sheer delight to anyone who meets her; but she carries a weight and darkness. She has been going to therapy for years and is on meds. Her mother is an amazing stay at home mom, and I feel confident in saying that I am a loving and available dad. We spend a lot of time together and enjoy life together. Despite this, the darkness inside can overwhelm her.

For the last year, I've seen her really buy into getting better. Her response to life and adversity started to change for the better. Hardships could be learned from an even laughed at in a healthy way. She went to more than weekly therapy and willingly took her newly prescribed meds daily. Things were looking amazing.

On Tuesday, my wife arrived at school to pick her up. Sometimes she stays late to finish work and has her phone off, so 30 mins later it wasn't a red flag she hadn't come out. 60 mins later, the school had been checked an APB for missing person was filed. Her phone was still off, and that never happens. Immediately friends and their parents were called, a text chain started, fb posts made. It was now 4p, 3 hours late for pick up. The cops last had a cell tower ping from the day before, so no help there.

Friends searched our little downtown. I walked the school grounds with her assistant principal. My wife worked to go through social media history, which we allow minimal of. Finally, by 6pm, we were able to piece together a story and location where she was last seen. By this boys account, my daughter was frantic. He dropped her off by another friends house, which is on a pretty creek in a very steep and wooded area.

The cops refused to send out search and rescue for safety of their team given the darkness, cold temps (30s), and steep, brambly, rocky terrain. So 6 of us put on headlamps and fanned out methodically searching for 2 hours.

At 9p, my wife thought of another place to check. We went there, searched again, no luck. We went to grocery stores, parks, restaurants.. no luck. It is 10p, 9 hours late, cell phone off. We were tired, covered in poison oak and blackerry bush scrapes, out of ideas, sad, scared, tired, cold, hungry.. but not able to give up. We stopped at a bridge over this creek, our friends still out searching but on a bikeway/greenway. The bridge is over a steep ravine with an abrupt 40-50ft drop. We slid down the hill, my wife went right, I went left.

I stood still for a moment and listened. I heard the sound of a dolphin or manatee coming up for air (i was exhausted), and ignored it for a half second. Then I whipped my heard toward it. 15ft further down slope in the creek was my daughter, fully dressed, floating face up, in 2ft of water on the bank of the creek. I was on a 10ft boulder surrounded by blackberry below me. I didn't know what to do, so i jumped. Thank God I didn't break an ankle, but I needed to get there as I'm yelling frantically for my wife to call 911. I jump in the creek, the water probably 48-55 degrees, check her for injuries that would imply trauma or need to hold her in stable c-spine position, and then pull her out of the water. 911 is on speaker. We are ripping her wet clothes off and stipping down to give my daughter our dry clothes. 911, please hurry, just get here.
That wait for fire and ambulance may have been 4 mins or 20mins, it was a lifetime. My daughter's eyes are open and she is looking around, but she is not there. She is mumbling incoherently, foaming spit at the mouth, she has irregular but effective breathing, her skin is ice.

I hear the sirens, I climb the hill, flag down the ambulance, give them a 10 sec recap. We slide back down slope, load her onto a carrying tarp, and I grab a handle as the 3 firefighters and I carry her upslope.

More first respoders show up, she's placed on a board, and then loaded into the rig. I finally break and wail and shake. That image of my daughters white skin reflecting in the dark of the water, lifeless, but not..

My friends have showed up. They clothe me and push me into a car. My wife is in the ambulance with my daughter. In the ER she is intubated and placed on a breathing machine. She has a weak pulse, they cannot get a blood pressure, her core temp is 85 degrees, and that's after some warming. 85F.
She is CT scanned from head to pelvis, tubes and lines in, labs sent. This is a rural hospital, I am an ICU RN, and I know we are in too deep for their ability. Politely, an within 20 mins, I've asked to please request transfer to Ped ICU anywhere in Sacramento. They oblige, and it happens within an hour. UC Davis is an amazing hospital and she is transferred rhe hour ride without incident.

Over the first night, I watched her do things on a ventilator I have never seen hitting resp rate of 120 breaths per minute (12 years experience). Her pupils are expanding and constricting constantly with light shown in her eyes. She has a neuro finding called clonus. Her temp is still in the low 90-92 degrees as they try to warm her. Her heart and bp have stabilized but the signs point to severe hypoxic (no oxygen) brain injury, possibly involving the brainstem.

We pray. I ask for prayers. The staff does amazing things. Everyone is trying. The MDs are reserved in their prognosis with the very real and clinically indicated severe brain injury
We get to yest evening, 24 hours after she was found, and the resident does a neuro exam. The resident is meek and I asked if I could try.

I step in put knuckles into my daughter's sternum and push hard. I need to know what she does. Immediately, her eyes flung open and she reached with both hands to stop me. That is exactly the response I had prayed for! You don't do that with severe hypoxic brain injury.

She had some hits overnight as she not surprisingly developed a pneumonia. But this morning, my sweet girl, my life, my everything looked me in the eye. She is there. She is alive in body and mind. She is still intubated on the ventilator, but will likely be taken off today. She is nodding her head. She does not maintain eye contact for long, but she is there.

I don't know what type of damage she will sustain long term, but right now I don't care. We found our daughter in a creek 8 miles from my house, she still had life, she was rescued, she was prayed for, and she is here.

I cannot thank God or all of you enough. She is an amazing human being struggling to overcome her inner darkness.. and she will. But even as I weep recounting this story, both from fear/sadness and joy, I cannot believe that we are here. I cannot believe all the things that had to come together for this child to have another chance.

I was overwhelmed when i put my head down last night and saw all the prayers and love you all posted. I believe the prayers made a difference. I know your quick posts meant the world to me as I read through the first half last night giving a tu to each before I finally crashed into sleep. I will finish the rest.

Thank you God, thank you Tiger Family. I simply don't have the words to covey my overwhelming sense of gratitude.
Peace and love to you all.

Not gonna lie. I am in tears at my desk. When I saw your post yesterday it broke my heart and I immediately prayed for her recovery and for you. I don’t know you but you have been on my mind all day and I am so happy to hear the update. Stay strong and continued prayers

Glad she is improving!***

Nov 15, 2018, 2:27 PM

Nov 15, 2018, 2:27 PM

Thank you God! Soy, please know that you and ALL of your family are in our prayers. I pray that your daughter continues to improve and heal completely.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:28 PM

Nov 15, 2018, 2:29 PM

So glad to hear that! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best thing I have ever read on here. More prayers &

Nov 15, 2018, 2:29 PM

lots of love and compassion.

You NEVER know what people are going through.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:32 PM

Im so sorry you have to experience that. You are a great Father and I wish you and your daughter the very best.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:33 PM

Saw the first post at 7:25 last night and asked God specifically to intervene in stabilizing her vitals and imparting supernatural energy and skill to her care team. What an incredible account, and what incredible purposes the Lord must have for her and those affected. Continuing to lift y’all up before our Father, brotha.

GO TIGERS

Outstanding news!***

Nov 15, 2018, 2:34 PM

Nov 15, 2018, 2:36 PM

We've been thinking and praying for you and your family here soy and are so relieved you found her!

We'll keep you in our prayers going forward!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 2:38 PM

Amazing. Will continue to pray for a complete recovery and that her story will make a difference to others going through similar situations.

Glad to hear back from you on your daughter man...continued

Nov 15, 2018, 2:40 PM

prayers and thoughts! Hope she recovers completely. You are an awesome dad.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:41 PM

I will continue to pray for your daughter and your entire family. May God Bless you all. God is good, always God is good!

Tears of pure JOY are streamimg down my face. Praise GOD!!!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:46 PM

I have two daughters and I am right there with you. All love and God is GOOD

Just in case you are not aware, there is a thread of prayer

Nov 15, 2018, 2:49 PM

for you on FGF as well.

There may actually be a few good Gamecocks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Amen! It IS a great day!! Prayers have been answered and we will continue to pray!***

Nov 15, 2018, 2:52 PM

Nov 15, 2018, 2:53 PM

Praise God brother. To him be the glory. I pray right now in the name of Jesus that she will not have any long term effects what so ever and that the chains that we're previously binding her mind, body and spirit ate now broken this day and forever.. Our powerful God is not sparing her life to struggle but to dominate her situation. Amen. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need more encouragement.

Nov 15, 2018, 2:54 PM

Thank you Jesus. I cannot even imagine. This is surely a miracle and continued prayers for a complete healing and recovery.

THANK YOU JESUS!

Nov 15, 2018, 2:55 PM

There is no doubt y’all’s story is far from over! God has more work for you and your wonderful daughter. I absolutely love it when He shows up to display His Glory.

More prayers for her recovery and victory over the darkness that wants to rob us all!!

Father God cover them with the blood of your Son and protect them from the evil one who looks to devour God’s children. Strengthen them and remind them to lean on You with all their strength and You will deliver them from their struggles! love you Father! In Jesus’ name AMEN! ????

Nov 15, 2018, 2:56 PM

Fantastic news. Best news this year. God is good. Tigernet people pretty special also.

Praise God for good news! All us T-Net coaches

Nov 15, 2018, 2:57 PM

were worried sick about your daughter.

That is GREAT news!!! God is good....

Nov 15, 2018, 2:58 PM

....He will never leave you nor forsake you. So happy and thankful to hear your daughter is still alive and well. I have prayed over and over for your daughter, you, and your family, will continue doing so. God Bless your family Soywaker!!

Very grateful to hear this good news!

Nov 15, 2018, 3:08 PM

Continuing to pray.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 15, 2018, 3:11 PM

Awesome news! To God be the glory! Continued prayers for you all.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:12 PM

No, my friend, thank YOU...for sharing this story and witnessing the awesome power of God, for God IS love and He is manifested in the great love you have for your daughter.

Godspeed.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:14 PM

Glad to hear she's o.k., Soy.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:16 PM

I'm elated to read this news. Praise God.

Screw Calford.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:19 PM

I am so thankful for her safety and continuing to pray for her recovery.

I can't wait to get off work to go hug my daughter! I'm glad you get to do so today as well!

Nov 15, 2018, 3:21 PM

Praying for a speedy and full recovery

Nov 15, 2018, 3:23 PM

This is great news. Will continue to pray for your daughter and your family. Going to hug my kids a little harder tonight.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:29 PM

Praise God! Hold her in your hands and cover her with your love, strength and peace, as well as your family and her care givers. Tears and prayers will continue for you all.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 3:31 PM

Great news indeed! Will continue to pray for all of you for rest, peace and a full recovery. Stay strong and know God's got this!

Amen! Many thanks for posting!***

Nov 15, 2018, 3:33 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 3:33 PM

Praising God that your daughter was found and is improving! Prayers continue!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 3:40 PM

Yr story has me in tears of joy for you! I will continue praying for continued improvement for yr daughter and for you and yr family! Pls keep us updated when u can.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:41 PM

Finding her was a true miracle. Continued prayers for her complete healing, both physically and emotionally. She is lucky to have such a wonderful father.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:42 PM

That is awesome. Praise God.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 15, 2018, 3:43 PM

Awesome news, Soy. So happy for you and your family that you found her and that she is on her way to recovery. I know the road is long for people who harbor these issues, but my prayer is that God is showing her a way out, beginning with this incident. I hope and pray also that if she doesn't know Christ, that what happened this week will convince her that she needs Him. God's blessings on you all. Keep us updated!

Nov 15, 2018, 3:44 PM

Praying for you and your family everyday.

Now that we know she's okay

Nov 15, 2018, 3:45 PM

can we get some pigs finally??

Nov 15, 2018, 3:46 PM

Nothing to say: Godspeed. Please God fold your loving arms around this family.

Hoping, praying.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:48 PM

This absolutely brought tears to my eyes and chills down my spine. Prayers have certainly been answered. God is great and answers prayers. You and your wife sound like incredibly wonderful people and your daughter is lucky to have you. I will continue to lift you all up in prayer.

Nov 15, 2018, 3:50 PM

WOW. Dang confetti. Prayers.

You still have your daughter and that is indeed GREAT news

Nov 15, 2018, 3:56 PM

It sounds like there are still challenges to be met and mountains to climb. My prayer is that you will find encouragement and strength to move forward and that she will respond to the love that is being poured out on her.

Do the things you know you need to do and don't let a day pass without letting ALL your loved ones know that they are loved.

Continued prayers for your daughter's recovery***

Nov 15, 2018, 4:00 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Continued prayers for your daughter's recovery***

Nov 15, 2018, 4:08 PM

I will keep her and y’all in my prayers. Please continue to keep us posted on her recovery.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 4:02 PM

Continuing to pray for you, your daughter and family! You are obviously a very strong person to persevere through all of that! Children are indeed precious.

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I broke down last night reading of your daughter...

Nov 15, 2018, 4:05 PM

The pain and concern conveyed through your post was so incredibly sad. I now feel the extreme joy and relief your family has through this post. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!

You will always be in the right if you treat others as you want to be treated!

Nov 15, 2018, 4:11 PM

Give All Glory to God! He is great....
All The Time!

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Nov 15, 2018, 4:23 PM

Great,great result.Prayers sent for all and best wishes going forward.

Praise our good Lord! Prayer is powerful! May God bless

Nov 15, 2018, 4:24 PM

your daughter and your family! So glad to hear she is better!

Shedding tears with you, my friend.

Nov 15, 2018, 4:25 PM

God is faithful and He is a God of second chances. I'm living proof of that, and so is your daughter.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Thank you God for answering our prayers!

So glad to hear that she was found alive and is doing so well after all that she’s been through. Know that we will continue to pray for you and your family!

Thank you for sharing the story, and please let tnet know if you need anything during/after all of this. You have a huge, anonymous family here that loves and supports you. :)

Hallelujah!!! Continuing to pray

Bump***

Nov 15, 2018, 4:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THANK GOD, and still praying moving forward***

Nov 20, 2022, 12:29 AM

Nov 15, 2018, 4:41 PM

Thank you so much for the update. It could not have been easy to put to words all you've been through, and we are so relieved to hear good news. Although she faces a tough challenge, she is fortunate to have a caring and loving family to help guide her. We continue to send prayers of healing for your daughter and strength for you and your wife.

Great news. I’ll keep praying for you all.

Nov 15, 2018, 4:42 PM

Nm

Nov 15, 2018, 4:47 PM

Thank you Lord! All glory to God. I will continue to pray for you and your family!

Nov 15, 2018, 4:47 PM

Praying for y’all! Keep the faith.

Nov 15, 2018, 4:57 PM

I can't possibly understand the emotions you and your family have experienced. Rest assured, I will keep each one of you in my prayers for a positive outcome. The response on this board is an indication how we, with all of our differences, can come together to offer our prayers and words of comfort.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fantastic news SOYWAKER & wonderful post full of emotion with love..

Nov 15, 2018, 5:02 PM

..so much so that i just shared it with two female VT friends in Charlotte who were so elated to hear that your Daughter is safe & in good hands!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very happy for you that you found her

Nov 15, 2018, 4:57 PM

Praying for you all

The Dude abides

Nov 15, 2018, 4:59 PM

You are a very unselfish caring person. To share, with complete yet painful honesty, your family’s struggle. I admire you very much and just know how many people reading it has helped. Your post is among the most honest and touching post I’ve ever read. It seems somehow shallow to post but I am praying for your daughter as well as your entire family. We ARE Clemson and we stand beside you! God Bless you my friend. Gene

Nov 15, 2018, 4:59 PM

This is wonderful to hear this good news, God still works miracles and He still hears and answers prayer. Continued prayers for your daughter's healing and for your entire family.

Nov 15, 2018, 5:09 PM

I have a family story that may help you at some point in the future. Love to all, SOYWALKER.

I can't imagine. Thanks for sharing and prayers for

Nov 15, 2018, 5:29 PM

continued healing.

Wow, amazing story. Answered prayer...

Nov 15, 2018, 5:46 PM

...from many of us. Thank you for sharing your experience with God's mercy and grace.

Nov 15, 2018, 5:59 PM

My prayer is that you and your family, Especially your daughter, is completely healed and filled with the joy of God in this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Nov 15, 2018, 6:12 PM

Great news Soy. Brought tears to my eyes. I’ve gone through a similar scenario with my daughter a couple of times. She has an inner struggle also. I feel your pain and your joy. I thank the Lord above you found her in time. My prayers will always be with you. God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.

Nov 15, 2018, 6:22 PM

Thank you so much for the update, I’ve been on pins and needles waiting for this Wonderful news!!!

GREAT NEWS!

Nov 15, 2018, 6:34 PM

And I’ve gotta add.. in regards to the multitude of prayers you received. Even though the rivalry is a bitter one and we love to make fun of the guys over at FGF.. A poster over there saw your story here on TNet and started a thread over there requesting prayers for your daughter. I’m glad that sometimes even rivals can put their differences aside and realize it’s just a game when it comes down to it.

Re: GREAT NEWS!

Nov 15, 2018, 7:27 PM

I am so happy for you, your daughter, wife and all the family and friends. Since your urgent call for prayers yall have all been on my mind constantly and I continued to pray so hard for yall last night and today. Tears streamed down my face when reading that you found your daughter and You and your wife still have your precious daughter and that she is showing signs of doing better. I will continue to pray for your daughter and all of yall. GOD is SO GREAT and the power of prayer is real.

Nov 15, 2018, 7:20 PM

Sweet Jesus...there is a God in heaven!

Nov 15, 2018, 7:20 PM

Wow, wow!!! Your family has been through a night of hell and are coming out on the other side. Your story is amazing and heart wrenching. I give thanks to our Heavenly Father that you found her and she is recovering!
Heavenly Father please continue to strengthen this child of yours. Bring her to full recovery and please comfort and strengthen her and her family. I ask this In Jesus' name.

Prayers sent.

Nov 15, 2018, 7:23 PM

Praying for you and your family.

Keep Praying and Give Thanks to the LORD!

Nov 15, 2018, 7:33 PM

So fantastic to hear this precious young girl was found and is recovering!

I'm not one to be overtaken easily by emotions. I've lost too many family & friends & almost lost my son 15 years ago, which does tend to steel you - maybe too much.

But, I couldn't help welling with tears of joy when reading this account of prayers answered. God listens to fervent prayers from the heart.

What a magnificent story of His love and grace! Let's all KEEP praying for this miraculous 16-year-old angel and her wonderful family. Pray for strength for them all and total recovery.

Give thanks for a remarkable Clemson family of prayer warriors!

If you read this & dont believe there's a God, I feel sorry for you

Nov 15, 2018, 7:50 PM

Glad your daughter is doing better, soywaker. Hope & pray that things will continue to progress in the right direction w/ her

Nov 15, 2018, 7:51 PM

Blessings to you and your family.
It’s Thanksgiving!

The Lord is merciful, and He answers prayer!

Nov 15, 2018, 7:59 PM

We'll continue praying for your daughter. I had a friend who was found in a similar situation who didn't make it, leaving a wife and 4 kids, after changing meds that he was taking. May the Lord heal your daughter and use this to bring her close to Himself.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:00 PM

Continuing to pray for all of you and thanking God for his healing presence.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:12 PM

Prayers really do work!!!! This is such wonderful news. Thank you for sharing the entire story. We will continue to pray for you and your entire family. Godspeed brother.

You don’t know me, nor I of you but I’ve always enjoyed and respected your posts but this life story needs to be shared with everyone. Life lesson that you never give up, you didn’t and God led you.

Please keep us updated and posted. And Lord knows whatever you need, just say the word.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God is Great!

Nov 15, 2018, 8:44 PM

Great day to be a tiger!!!

Thank You Soy!!

Definitely power in prayer. We must keep it up.***

Nov 15, 2018, 8:44 PM

I will continue to ask Almighty God to bless you and

Nov 15, 2018, 8:47 PM

your family.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:49 PM

Soy, I have not read all of the other posts, but I suspect I'm not alone with tears in my eyes, both for what your daughter has gone through, and the joy I feel for you and your wife. I am sure there will be challenges ahead, but am so grateful that she is where she is at this point. I'll give God thanks tonight and ask that he continues to keep his your family in his loving hands.

Fair to say

Nov 15, 2018, 8:51 PM

Every father on this board prayed and cried with you, sir. You are a hero.

I don't know what her future holds in store for her, but I know that without you we'd have lost her and with you she has a hell of a good chance to beat this thing!

Thank you for sharing.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Nov 15, 2018, 9:00 PM

The power of prayer...our God is awesome!

Nov 15, 2018, 9:57 PM

Wonderful news! Will continue praying for your daughter's recovery and for you and your family.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:10 PM

Thanking God for answered prayers. I continue to pray for a full and speedy recovery.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 10:22 PM

Continued prayers for all your family!

Nov 15, 2018, 10:23 PM

Praise the Lord! Please keep us posted about her recovery. We will be praying for a speedy recovery! God is good!

Nov 15, 2018, 10:27 PM

So thankful for this wonderful news. I’ll continue to pray for her full recovery. This news has made my night!!!

Re: This is great news! God truly answers prayers. May He

Nov 15, 2018, 10:30 PM

Continue to bless your daughter and family! Best wishes for her to improve and fully recover.

God is good all the time!

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Thank god.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:34 PM

Prayers still with you guys.

GOD is great! God Bless your daughter, you, your family and

Nov 15, 2018, 11:12 PM

everyone that took part in searching for your daughter and everyone that said a prayer. As the father of a wonderful daughter I can't even imagine what you went through looking for her and then saving her once you found her. I pray that God will continue to heal her as well as restoring the energy and strength for all involved. Although it is a trying situation your story is a great testament to faith and family. Please keep us updated as your daughter continues to heal.

Nov 16, 2018, 6:34 AM

Grateful that she is starting to recover...sending my prayers for continued miracles.

My heart broke hearing this story....but it also gave me so much hope.

Nov 16, 2018, 6:42 AM

I am so glad Jesus lead you to her. I will continue to pray for your daughter and your family.

An incredible story. It was hard to hold back tears of JOY

Nov 16, 2018, 8:17 AM

reading this at work. Reading it touched me and made me appreciate God and His work even more and the blessing He gave me and my ex in our son! I shared this amazing story with her. Good things do happen to GOOD people. Continued prayers for you, your daughter and wife.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Lord brother, what a journey.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:52 AM

Praying for your strength.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 8:56 AM

Great to hear the update! I know mine and the entire Tiger family of prayer warriors will continue praying for your family.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:58 AM

THANK GOD ????????...I’m always on Tnet but very seldom post but felt compelled too this time
When I saw your post, I immediately prayed for your daughter and family.. And I also kept checking back for good news and THANK GOODNESS it was there today:):)... Sooooo happy and please keep us informed

Nov 16, 2018, 9:06 AM

Your post puts life in perspective. Prayers for your precious daughter and family.

I'm sure many like me

Nov 16, 2018, 9:23 AM

hugged our daughters a little tighter this morning before sending them off to school.

Thank God she's found.

Nov 16, 2018, 9:46 AM

And none is needed, good people pray for good things for other good people. I'm happy, and I thank God for answering our prayers!!!

Nov 16, 2018, 10:43 AM

Amazing!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 165
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic