Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney responds to ESPN report that Justyn Ross might be ready for ACC title game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney responds to ESPN report that Justyn Ross might be ready for ACC title game

Dec 6, 2020, 8:58 AM

Swinney responds to ESPN report that Justyn Ross might be ready for ACC title game

During the latter stages of Clemson's 45-10 blowout win over Virginia Tech, ESPN commentator Chris Fowler said that Clemson receiver Justyn Ross could be ready Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gone shock the World....

Dec 6, 2020, 9:03 AM

... sign me up!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

headline before ACCCG "CU Top Receiver won't play!"

Dec 6, 2020, 9:07 AM

like it's news

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Well he didn’t actually rule it out.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:11 AM

But I’m not counting on it. But a couple of weeks of practice and some contact might be the measuring stick before a final decision.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't rule it out, and....

Dec 6, 2020, 4:00 PM

Justin has been working out all fall, and has been pads for several weeks (maybe more than month) now.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he cleared to play, that he wouldn't almost immediately. Of course, that's up to the doctor. he might clear him for immediate play, or might say wait till next fall.

With that said, if cleared immediately, I think it's a coin flip if he would play for ND. But for the the playoffs, he would have time to practice and prepare during all game plan and game prep.

it would be really intriguing seeing him run out there, to everyone's surprise, and torch defenses and dazzle crowds with 1 handed catches and ankle breaking cuts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have missed Ross, no doubt. Would love to see him play.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:26 AM

I don't think Dobo would risk the young man's future and health.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have missed Ross, no doubt. Would love to see him play.

Dec 6, 2020, 11:31 AM

What’s there to risk if the doc says he 100% healed? Yes he needs to be in condition but it sounds like he’s been doing a lot of that since he was cleared a few weeks back

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm gone be wishing him well.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:27 AM

I'm also hoping he takes advantage of his $150,000.00+ scholarship and learns the difference between "gone" and "going to".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'm gone be wishing him well.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:38 AM

Sometimes it’s hard to take the Alabama out of an Alabamian!????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 6, 2020, 9:48 AM

He is a Clemson student. I really wish he and all our athletes would remember that they are a reflection of the University and would use proper grammar. JMO, but I don't think one can get into Clemson, and most likely get a degree as most of our student athletes do, not knowing what to say, and what they say is a reflection of our University. It's not that hard, really.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 11:16 AM

there isn't anything improper about pronouncing "going to" "gone." We have a head coach making 10 million a year who often sounds like he went to work in a mill when he was 8. He's still perfectly articulate and understandable.

Dec 7, 2020, 11:02 AM

Pronunciation is one thing, but writing it improperly is another. Think what you wish. It is a free country, but there is nothing proper about I'm "gone do" something. Also, it might just cost someone a job they really would like to have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm gone be wishing him well. ]

Maybe you need to take a 2 week hiatus and read as many posts on this site as possible. A grammar report would then be appropriate to classify Clemson grads.

Dec 6, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm gone be wishing him well. ]

Come on, grammarians, lighten up. Many of us in the south (and likely in other parts of the country) speak carelessly with regard to proper grammar, even though we know better and wouldn't write like we talk. I know I'm frequently guilty. Now if a person writes like he talks in casual conversation, then he/she probably warrants the criticism.

What bugs me more are the people who think they are speaking correctly when they say things like "With he and I" when "With him and me" is grammatically correct. (Prepositions take the objective case).

Also annoying are sportswriters who write stuff like "The Wolfpack TRAVEL to..." instead of "The Wolfpack TRAVELS...". They obviously missed the class on collective nouns, which take the singular verb case.

Or saying something like, "He fell off of the horse", when..

Dec 6, 2020, 5:53 PM

"He fell off the horse" would be correct!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or saying something like, "He fell off of the horse", when..

Dec 6, 2020, 10:49 PM

I say he oughtta git back on de hoss.

Dec 7, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm gone be wishing him well. ]

Speaking, I can see. Once said, you can't correct something without restating your point. Writing - totally different story.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I'm gone be wishing him well. ]

Me too!

Dec 6, 2020, 11:58 AM

There are many folks reading this who wonder why Clemson student athletes ain’t gone never learn how to speak the English language. I’m wondering that myself. You know?

It's Twitter talk Smiling.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to I'm gone be wishing him well. ]

WE old uns don't understand it that much LOL

Re: It's Twitter talk Smiling.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:49 AM

I'm definitely an "old un".

I have kids that are about his age, so I totally get that.

Dec 6, 2020, 10:12 AM [ in reply to It's Twitter talk Smiling. ]

And if that's all it is, then good. If not, we should all be concerned.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Shoot I spend time having to look up

Dec 6, 2020, 10:17 AM

phrases like "no cap" just to figure out what the h3ll it is they are talking about...

Dec 6, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to It's Twitter talk Smiling. ]

I'm with ya on that. I don't even pretend like I understand the lingo these young kids use on social media these days. I just smile and nod my head like my grandpa use to do to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to It's Twitter talk Smiling. ]

TTMT is correct. See that speech on atheletes twitter, Instagram or whatever that stuff is. Just an expression.

Concerning Ross, my prayers have and will be with you always... whether you snap and strap again or not, I gone shock the world no matter wat. God got u bro.

For others, pretty sure article from 2 weeks ago where Dabo talks about the plan in spring/summer says no contact before fall camp.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to I'm gone be wishing him well. ]

Sometimes I fear these players who aren't born with a silver spoon in their mouths and who don't speak the kings English properly and maybe don't dress the way we do are GONNA ruin our program .

I can half way buy the "It's just Twitter excuse", but not

Dec 6, 2020, 2:20 PM

the "he wasn't born with a silver spoon" nonsense.

- H. L. Mencken

Dec 6, 2020, 7:03 PM [ in reply to I'm gone be wishing him well. ]

You have to wonder what those English professors are doing.

Re: TNET: Swinney responds to ESPN report that Justyn Ross might be ready for ACC title game

Dec 6, 2020, 10:46 AM

First and foremost, Justyn must be 100% healed before he can even think about playing. Doctors will not release him to play if there are any doubts about his health safety. I would love for him to come back this year but I have my doubts that he will....

well dabo basically said the same thing

Dec 6, 2020, 11:06 AM

its up to what the dr tells him and they go from there.

ESPN report = Chris Fowler pulling rumors out of his ###***

Dec 6, 2020, 11:34 AM

Re: TNET: Swinney responds to ESPN report that Justyn Ross might be ready for ACC title game

Dec 6, 2020, 1:10 PM

I’m not surprised. We’re in the media age of “just say whatever you like, it doesn’t need to be true”.

I wish I could get on TV, I’d start talking about the time that Frank Howard took his Clemson team to Moscow to play The Big Red Machine and after the game Coach Howard beat Krushev unconscious with his shoe.

Dec 6, 2020, 1:35 PM

Link?

He’ll be DJ’s #1 target next season***

Dec 6, 2020, 10:02 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic