Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s Tuesday...and for some reason I haven’t seen this yet.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,399

It’s Tuesday...and for some reason I haven’t seen this yet.

Nov 20, 2018, 12:12 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxxaFvYTXY

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s Tuesday...and for some reason I haven’t seen this yet.

Nov 20, 2018, 12:16 PM

He’s not wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 20, 2018, 1:43 PM

Factoid::: Carolina played Clemson first in 1896, and won the first game 21-6 to take an all time series lead 1-0. Caroline lost to Clemson the next 4 years straight, and has led the all time series ever since. They currently lead 69-42-4. Clemson could lose 26 straight and still lead the all time series. Until 1960 every one of the games were played in Columbia, And Clemson led the series 33-21-2 before they ever played a single game at Clemson. Prior to 1960 it was always an away game for Clemson. The Clemson/Carolina game has been played every year since 1909. In 1952 The SoCon that both Clemson and Carolina were members of at that time, were not going to allow Clemson or Carolina to play league games as punishment for accepting bowl bids against conference rules, which could have ended the rivalry. The SC legislators stepped in and passed a law that mandated it to be played. This dispute caused Clemson, USC and five other members of the SoCon to break away and form the ACC. Just a bit of history on this rivalry. Actually, I do not think it is fair to say the games before 1960 against them were really away games for Clemson. We all know that Clemson owns both stadiums, and always have since the 3rd meeting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 1:47 PM

Just to add, with credit to Tim Bourrett, that many believe that there is still a law in place, but that is not true.

The law was only for one year and was never renewed, because as you pointed out, it (among other factors) broke up the SoCon and the law was no longer necessary.

Great info Sarge!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,399
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic