Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
South Carolinians good with the new exec order?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,274

South Carolinians good with the new exec order?

Mar 23, 2020, 5:19 PM

I've always considered SC my home state, though I was born in CA as a military dependant and with frequent moves didn't really live in SC until I was 8 years old. That said, I am currently a resident of NC.

I just heard Gov. McMaster's new order authorizing law enforcement officers to disburse any groups >3 in public.

If you live in SC, how does this sit with you?

I'm not asking of you believe COVID-19 is a public heath threat. I think everyone understands the reality of what is going on.

But does an order this drastic raise concern for any of you in SC? Or do you simply view it as a response of necessity at this time?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Saul Good-Man..there is a common sense element

Mar 23, 2020, 5:27 PM

Police aren't going to mess with a family of 4 walking around the block

Re: It's Saul Good-Man..there is a common sense element

Mar 23, 2020, 5:34 PM

I'm pro law enforcement...but the Gov's explanation grants a great deal of latitude to law enforcement officers.

Hopefully there is an abundance of common sense in the application of this order.

Re: South Carolinians good with the new exec order?

Mar 23, 2020, 5:33 PM

Much better than a lockdown which he hasn’t done yet. I’m good with it and definitely see the need for it.
Clueless people who completely ignore advice or intentionally violate safety are the target audience here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said. The potential of a "non-Essential" business...

Mar 23, 2020, 8:33 PM

...lockdown is what I'm most concerned about. That would be catastrophic for many small businesses. I personally know local restaurant owners who are very worried they won't be able to stay open or pay their employees much longer due to their losses in this take-out or delivery only condition they find themselves in. I feel for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Mar 23, 2020, 6:10 PM

So I can play singles tennis, but not doubles? Or can you still play doubles since there are only 2 per side? LOL - just kidding.

^^^ Jerk

Mar 23, 2020, 9:58 PM

Just kidding. Play doubles and run if you see cops!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The street is between my house and the courts... Run fast?***

Mar 23, 2020, 10:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 7:35 AM

I think it should only apply to old people. The whole world stopped, I lost about 300k in my 401k, all in an effort to save the lives of old people. Yet, everywhere I go, there they are. I just went to Lowe’s and right at the front door was about 10 geezers shaking hands and patting each other on the back. Go home, stay home, and be appreciative of everyone else’s sacrifice to save your #####. Everything can be delivered this day and age.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2020, 7:40 AM

That's a good plan. Disperse a group of people that are potential virus carriers to split up and go spread said virus instead of just making them stay inside.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,274
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic