Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson, Beasley injury updates
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson, Beasley injury updates

Nov 19, 2014, 10:53 AM

Watson, Beasley injury updates

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Encouraging news about Beasley.******

Nov 19, 2014, 10:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Encouraging news about Beasley.******

Nov 19, 2014, 11:18 AM

If Dabo is smart, he will not tell all when it comes to Watson status. He needs to make it look like there is no chance that Watson will play. Then at the last minute, throw him in and catch the chickens off guard.

Just a thought.

Nov 19, 2014, 11:46 AM

I don't think that will be catching the chickens off guard. Spurrier is smart enough to prepare for Watson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2014, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Encouraging news about Beasley.****** ]

Lol I don't think they are that stupid

Nov 19, 2014, 12:09 PM

If you don't think the coots are that stupid look no further than 65-41=12.. They are a pretty unintelligent bunch.

Nov 19, 2014, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Encouraging news about Beasley.****** ]

The problem with that is that Spurrier is an old drunk but hes not stupid, hes going to practice them as Watson is playing & if Watson doesnt play its only going to make it easier on the Gamecoots to defend against Stoudt. Theres nothing different between the way Stoudt plays & Watson plays except for Sroudt is completely limited in what he can do. The actual plays are still the same with the exception of the long pass & the QB run. Nothing else changes so if they practice off the Watson film then itll only be that much easier if Stoudt plays bc Stoudt has 2 plays & thats it, Hand offs & bubble screens. Thats is the only 2 arrows in his quiver.

I get the feeling...

Nov 19, 2014, 11:32 AM

that the coaches know Watson probably won't be able to go against South Carolina, they're just trying to keep the gamecocks guessing. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll be ready.

Re: I get the feeling...

Nov 19, 2014, 12:12 PM

I can tell you you are 100% wrong.

DW is playing.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Deshaun Williams?***

Nov 19, 2014, 2:43 PM

And you know this, how?***

Nov 19, 2014, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I get the feeling... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's gonna play if he gets cleared.***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I get the feeling... ]

Nov 19, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I get the feeling... ]

Yes, I get the opposite feeling - I think they are sandbagging so that Spurrier won't know. There's no way that Dabo and company don't know every possible scenario of DW playing. I think he's going to play and serve as a huge motivator for the team against the coots.

But there's no reason he wouldn't be able to unless

Nov 19, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to I get the feeling... ]

He injured something else between now and then. I don't understand this thinking its an lcl... Not even a tear and not even above a grade 1 sprain. A knee brace cures nearly all for an lcl because it really does the lcls job. I swear people hear knee and think marcus lattimore or some type of tear to be truthful he could probably play this week with a brace but that would be stupid.

It will depend on the pain and the mobility of the knee

Nov 19, 2014, 2:16 PM

A sprain can be very painful and also limit the mobility of the knee. I sprained an MCL in high school and was out 3 weeks. Came back with a brace but still had pain as I regained the motion in my knee. Of course, I didn't have the training staff of Clemson.

Personally, I think #4 gets renamed Coot Killa next Saturday.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will depend on the pain and the mobility of the knee

Nov 19, 2014, 2:29 PM

tore my acl in a tournament. didn't have it repaired. ortho doc ordered me a custom brace and played 3 wks later. some pain, but stable. did lots of cutting. he's fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 19, 2014, 2:34 PM

This is different. The weakened knee can lead to a much, much worse injury.
He's taking a huge chance by playing.... It's a big risk that could cost DW next year.
But, knowing what a competitor he is, I'm sure that he will do everything in his power to be out there.

Nov 19, 2014, 2:35 PM

deal with this everyday. he's fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 19, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: It will depend on the pain and the mobility of the knee ]

lcl not a huge deal unless it's a very high grade - and this one is not. acl far more important. but, no matter. cocklovers lose no matter who starts. but they can dream - it costs them nothing to fantasize

Nov 19, 2014, 3:36 PM

Believe me, we hope DW plays.

To say that the Gamecocks loose no matter what sounds
vaguely familiar....oh yeah....now I remember.......'09...'10....'11....'12....'13.

You guys never learn. As bad as our D has been, it's better than the D of
all those power houses in your win column. Go ahead...flame away in your
normal way....we will know very soon.

Nov 19, 2014, 3:38 PM

no you don't hope he plays. you lose no. matter what. you need 25 to catch up Cocklover. but I truly hope it's cole or nick. best d you rednecks face. now get me my fries before I jump over the counter!

Nov 19, 2014, 3:44 PM

" Gamecocks loose " ?
You are a bright one , aren't ya ?
Just remember who your daddy is , and don't forget that when you salt those fries you wanna move that arm back and forth and up and down so that there is even distribution .

DB23

Nov 19, 2014, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: It will depend on the pain and the mobility of the knee ]

To think that the Scar D is in the same realm as Louisville, BC, and FSU is laughable. Shoot, even Wake and Syracuse have a better D than Scar. Now, that doesn't mean Clemson is going to score a bunch of points or win this game because we have our own problems on offense, but don't pretend that your D is anothing other than bad. That is a statistical fact

I'm more worried about the bone bruise than the lcl

Nov 19, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to But there's no reason he wouldn't be able to unless ]

depending on where it is it could make wearing a brace for the LCL very painful.

Nov 19, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I get the feeling... ]

Dabo gave GT plenty of notice that DW was playing against them so there's no reason to believe he is trying to keep the ##### guessing. Dabo is the exact opposite of Bill Belichick when it comes to injuries. His comments are to be taken at face value -- when the docs say he can play, he will play.

Nov 19, 2014, 3:21 PM

dw was cleared for wake. they elected not to play him. he will be cleared in a few days.

Nov 19, 2014, 5:04 PM [ in reply to I get the feeling... ]

Glad to hear Beasley has shown much improvement! NOW hold him out this Saturday!

Re: FB Update: Watson, Beasley injury updates

Nov 19, 2014, 1:18 PM

C'mon Dabo this is like that double rainbow!! What does getting better Day to Day mean? Better from what? Because we all saw him walk on his on power of the field and also into the locker room.

Nov 19, 2014, 5:20 PM

I know right? Injuries don't swell later on and the soreness sets it. I have never seen that happen

Nov 19, 2014, 3:33 PM

Keep'em guessing Dabo. Heck, I might even start Cole and hold out Watson until the second half of the SC game as long as it's close.

Imagine...DW starts the game on the sidline with no pads on..Cole starts and the game stays tight in the first half..The coots go into halftime with something like a 7 point lead. They make all their halftime adjustments based on Cole, then come out for the second half thinking they got the game in the bag. When they get out the tunnel they find a fully dressed D Watson warming up.

Spurrier might dump a load in his Depends and turn around to go back in and clean himself up.

Nov 19, 2014, 4:11 PM

Remember when DW showed up at half time of the South Carolina game and kick some Coots a@$!!

Nov 20, 2014, 1:13 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Watson, Beasley injury updates ]

Surely they have people to change his diapers for him. They wouldn't expect their lord to wipe his own butt, would they?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic