Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It will be interesting Tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,210

It will be interesting Tonight

Nov 5, 2019, 6:29 AM

To see how many show up at Littlejohn with football still going on full swing. I'm always critical of how Duke, WF UNC treat football as a red-headed stepchild but clemson folk can be just as guilty about basketball. If I were BB ( or any Clemson basketball coach for that matter ) I would not go to the Prowl/Growl since they are basically ignored and not asked many ( if any )questions at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will be interesting Tonight

Nov 5, 2019, 8:03 AM

I hope we have a big crowd. I am sure it is frustrating for CBB and the team to see all the love for FB vs Basketball. I think this team will be fun to watch, hopefully a little more up tempo than in the past.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 8:15 AM

To see how many show up at Littlejohn with football still going on full swing. I'm always critical of how Duke, WF UNC treat football as a red-headed stepchild but clemson folk can be just as guilty about basketball. If I were BB ( or any Clemson basketball coach for that matter ) I would not go to the Prowl/Growl since they are basically ignored and not asked many ( if any )questions at all.

It all goes to marketing your program. I know that as coaches here Rick Barnes and Oliver Purnell used to to go to student organizations and energize student body to come to support their teams. I don't know if Coach Brownell does that. Same applies to alumni groups and fan gathering which Prowl and Growl is. A coach would be foolish to not go to these events. Also, winning is a big help. The more you keep winning consistently to more you will get that support. Brad needs to put together a few Big Dance Bids in a row in the worst way.
Also, what does football have to with it? There is no game tonight unless you like a bad MAC game. You should be able to multi task. Always hated that excuse.
FWIW, they are expecting a very good crowd tonight. I'd be shocked if it was less than +7K.

Nov 5, 2019, 8:15 AM

I am not expecting much of a crowd tonight sadly, middle of the week and talking to people around Clemson most people don't even realize our first game is tonight. Hopefully it has been marketed to the students however, because as long as their section is full up it is a good environment with the new seating layout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 8:58 AM

I am not expecting much of a crowd tonight sadly, middle of the week and talking to people around Clemson most people don't even realize our first game is tonight. Hopefully it has been marketed to the students however, because as long as their section is full up it is a good environment with the new seating layout.

There will be a lot of students there:

https://twitter.com/IPTAYCC/status/1191536377260920832?s=20

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,210
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic