Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot just mentioned Tigs & Coots are 7 & 7 in this Century..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Coot just mentioned Tigs & Coots are 7 & 7 in this Century..

Apr 25, 2014, 1:11 PM

which to me means a lot since I thought/felt we had been outgunned, outsmarted and/or out-coached much more what with the 5peat.

I'm thinking that will stop sooner than later since Dabo has recruited more guns than Stevie (imo), has a new President who's much more into football & winning than last one (imo)..and is maturing & realizing his place doing PR & Manangement chores, and letting his highly paid O & D Coordinators do their job.

I predict it's happening this Nov in DV. Count it done!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson may win this year

Apr 25, 2014, 2:03 PM

But I don't think it's a sign the rivalry is going to turn into clemson dominating carolina.

Seems the teams are relatively equal at the moment. When historically Clemson was vastly superior to Carolina.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

and that..

Apr 25, 2014, 2:20 PM

will be the case again very, very soon. You heard it here first. Go Tigers !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what makes it such a great rivalry IMO.

Apr 25, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Clemson may win this year ]

Both teams have a good chance of winning it, since they are both in their prime, which musters a lot more national attention. Although we have lost the last five, I'm excited to see how heated the rivalry has become, even on a national level.

well put***

Apr 25, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Clemson may win this year ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree "Class of 09"..will be even-"steven" til Stevie leaves

Apr 25, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Clemson may win this year ]

and then who knows..but I do know SC has hired some big name coaches (like Dietzel, Morrison, Holtz & Spur)..and will likely go big-time again, thus maintaining hopefully what SS has created (and know as a Sportsman I willingly give him credit since I saw where two other NC HC @ SC didn't do so well).

Hey, kick the dang ball and let's see what you've got this time out Buddy Roe! Haaaaa.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson may win this year

Apr 25, 2014, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Clemson may win this year ]

The one major differences (actually two) between USCjr and Clemson....

The little "streak" aside:

1. Clemson didn't need a future Hall of Fame coach to come save them from the depths of utter mediocrity and...

2. Clemson doesn't NEED their Conference to make them feel like they belong

Clemson is STILL Vastly superior in every way to "Carolina", just ask anyone not wearing Orange or Garnet

On a National stage and even in their own Conference ($EC) they are a joke

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will again at some point

Apr 25, 2014, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Clemson may win this year ]

SCar's run will end. Florida and Tennessee will not be terrible forever.

Clemson will dominate again.

College football is predictable like that.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: It will again at some point

Apr 25, 2014, 9:37 PM

Even when Florida and Tennessee regain prominence I think this series will be closer then the overall series record now.

We need to win more often than lose but the SEC tag will gain them a decent recruiting class most years.

Obviously I'm not a coot but I'm being realistic, they could lose to Fl, Tenn, GA, every year but I still think the coots will be better than they used to be.

Go Tigers! Crush the chickens this year!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will fall hard when Spurrier leaves

Apr 25, 2014, 10:39 PM

but I'm hoping that fall happens under Spurrier. Would be nice to see him fired.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: They will fall hard when Spurrier leaves

Apr 25, 2014, 10:49 PM

Couple of years ago you were chanting "we want Spurrier". Now you can't wait till he leaves. Make up your mind.

Well, He was 1-3 vs Clemson.***

Apr 25, 2014, 11:02 PM

Re: They have enough $ to buy another good coach***

Apr 25, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to They will fall hard when Spurrier leaves ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So does Texas, USC, Notre Dame, UF and UT.

Apr 25, 2014, 11:02 PM

Attrition happens with every school.

Re: It will again at some point

Apr 26, 2014, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: It will again at some point ]

not playing Florida the week before our game helps a lot too - even if they kick our ### we still have a week to recover.

I actually do not believe this

Apr 26, 2014, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Clemson may win this year ]

If you will notice, the recruiting has taken a turn in our favor the last few years. You had a HOF coach going against a rookie coach that made a lot of mistakes in the beginning, and you went up against a team that was having a total change of philosophy on both sides of the ball.

Scar is going to lose SOS in the next few years and you will not get a better coach. I am not saying you will get a hack, but you are not going to be able to replace a HC like you have now.

I think that the future of scar football is a top 25 team, not the doormat that you have historically been, and not a top 10-15 team you have been the last couple of years either. However, I do think we stay a top 10-15 team though because of the stability of the program and the pieces that we have in place now. We will lose coordinators, but Dabo has shown that he knows how to hire coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans are staying patient

Apr 26, 2014, 12:34 AM

Because we can see the types of players that have been coming in. A NC in 2 years is not some sort of fantasy....it's a legitimate scenario that will likely present itself to Clemson. If this class turns out the way I think it will.....It's going to be an awesome 4-5 years at least.

"Clemson had recruited better"

Apr 26, 2014, 8:29 AM [ in reply to I actually do not believe this ]

Are you basing this on the quality of your team presently or is this merely based on recruiting rankings?

You've been out recruiting based on recruiting rankings since 2008. It hasn't made you the better team and we actually out recruited you this years rankings.

As for our next head coach, I hope we make Whammy our next head coach. He's been extremely effective against Clemson, so I'm not sure our next coach is guaranteed to lose to clemson.

But I do think it's easier for Clemson to finish higher in the rankings than it is for carolina considering the difference in the quality of the conference. We have more teams with the ability to beat us than you do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Coot just mentioned Tigs & Coots are 7 & 7 in this Century..

Apr 25, 2014, 2:32 PM

After usuc beat us the 2nd time, there was an article in the Post & Courier and the writer spoke about usuc finally turning the corner against us because they were in the sec. With it now at 5 in a row, the writer seems to be spot on. We need to beat them this year, but more importantly, we can't lose more often than not.

I would expect a coot to think that 7+7=100***

Apr 25, 2014, 2:47 PM

I thought they didn't talk about the past!***

Apr 26, 2014, 12:23 AM

Apr 26, 2014, 8:39 AM

Hey look at the bright side. You guys are 7-2 without Swinney. Wait....that can't be right. Let me recheck and I'll get back.

Apr 26, 2014, 8:42 AM

My bad...he was the interim coach for one year so you were 6-2 with out him and 1-5 with him. Wait that can't be right. Can it ?

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic