Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who Said We Wouldn't Hold Number One Ranking ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Who Said We Wouldn't Hold Number One Ranking ?

Sep 14, 2020, 9:39 AM

Looks like we impressed greatly. Oh, maybe the 1 first place Bama vote is what he was talking about. Smile.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was this chick...

Sep 14, 2020, 9:53 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/We-turned-a-sure-blowout-into-a-so-so-win-Wont-stay-1-lon-2013120

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: It was a coot troll. HTH

Sep 14, 2020, 9:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: It was a coot troll. HTH

Sep 14, 2020, 2:00 PM

Coots are probably worried we will pass their record for number of weeks at #1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Who Said We Wouldn't Hold Number One Ranking ?

Sep 14, 2020, 10:01 AM

I think people like the OP of the linked topic don't understand the way voters look at game control. The voters(most I should say) aren't going to be more impressed that your backups turned a 35 point lead into a 50 point win, or that they turned a 35 point lead into a 28 point win. They want to see that you clearly controlled the game early on against a team you're heavily favored against.

What I mean is, there's a difference in a 37-13 win where the team led the game 37-3 entering the 3rd, and a 37-13 win where the game was 20-13 entering the 4th. The first outcome clearly showed that the team dominated and was never in danger of losing the game. The second example clearly shows that a team struggled for 3 quarters, and could've potentially lost the game had a few plays gone differently in the 4th.

Yeah, the larger wins always look prettier to the fans, but nobody is dropping a team from #1 simply because their backups allowed a 37-3 4th quarter lead to turn into a 37-13 win. Now, that could only be a different story if say the #2 team just happened to beat another top 5 team that day or something. In that case the #2 team was going to potentially jump to #1 regardless of how many points the #1 team won by.

Sep 14, 2020, 10:21 AM

I eye-rolled that poster as well. What I saw was very encouraging Saturday night

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing everyone is more important than running up the score

Sep 14, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Who Said We Wouldn't Hold Number One Ranking ? ]

You have to assume that everyone on the team is going to miss a game at some point this year due to protocol. Rankings will work themselves out. Even if Clemson loses a game... what four teams are you going to put ahead of them?

The key this year is to build depth and get the backups meaningful snaps. It tends to make the 4th quarter boring, but it puts us in a better position than almost every team in the country.

Sep 14, 2020, 10:41 AM

Pace yourself dude...the SEC plays in 2 weeks...##### haven’t had a chance to get fully hard yet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic