Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"It starts with making The Hill a go-to place once again."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

"It starts with making The Hill a go-to place once again."

Jan 26, 2018, 1:22 PM

When has it ever been a go-top place? In my days as a student, granted a long time ago, we couldn't wait to get tickets in the seated areas of the stadium. Making it a "go-to place" seems like an up hill battle to me. No pun intended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is a goto place for non-students

Jan 26, 2018, 1:27 PM

Dude with a seat in front of me would get on the hill for the entrance and watch some of the beginning of the game from there. He would then go to his reserved seat. Can't do that anymore because you need a hill ticket. I bet others with reserved seats would go to the hill and hang out longer because they like it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yes, Like The Infield at The Derby it Should Have

Jan 26, 2018, 1:28 PM

a Character of it's own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "It starts with making The Hill a go-to place once again."

Jun 28, 2023, 3:10 PM

Tried to TU but can't TU same person twice in a row.

I sat on The Hill once just to say I did. I enjoyed my time. Will take Myfavjr. when he gets older.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jr. will need a hill ticket. Can’t just walk on anymore.***

Jan 26, 2018, 2:13 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2018, 2:13 PM

I was there from 2006-10, and I was one of the few people that liked The Hill. It had it's drawbacks of course:
It's hard to tell if someone picks up 1 yard or 10 yards.
It's a 3+ hour calf workout unless you're on the flat section.
If you want a seat during extended breaks, you'd better sit before the action completely stops.
You spend your time watching the field, then turning around and looking straight up to try to see what actually happened on the board.

But there were positives too:
If you get there early, you can be right next to the players when they come out.
The energy on the hill is just different in a positive way.
If you're a fan of football strategy, it's fun to watch plays develop from a completely different angle than you're used to seeing on a TV broadcast.

Seems like if they want to MTHGA though, they should probably start with removing whatever stupid regulation is causing it to be half or less than half full.

Jan 26, 2018, 4:33 PM

Mom and dad used to have season tickets in the upper deck. Me and my friends would always meet up at the hill when the second half started before I became a student this year. I know plenty of kids especially appreciated the GA while being surrounded by a student atmosphere.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2018, 5:58 PM

I loved sitting under the tree on the visitor side hill

Jan 26, 2018, 6:18 PM

When was 11, 12 or so, I thought it was the coolest place to sit in the stadium.
I probably was enjoying a little independence as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post guys -- good job.***

Jan 26, 2018, 10:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic