Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It seems to be the week of heated debate.....just had a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,966

It seems to be the week of heated debate.....just had a

Jan 18, 2018, 4:07 PM

rather animated debate with some fellow Clemson fans about whether (or not) TLaw is the starter on Day 1.

Given Dabo's history in this dept., I said no.

Others felt strongly that there was "no way" Dabo could keep him off the field on Day 1---he's just too talented. I agree with that, but think Dabo will respect the "seniority" and start KB. I also don't see him starting against TAMU on the road, either.

What say you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

here we go again! It's Bryant's job and TL will

Jan 18, 2018, 4:12 PM

Have to earn it to take it away but there are other very talented qb's on this team as well

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: here we go again! It's Bryant's job and TL will

Jan 18, 2018, 4:20 PM

TU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: here we go again! It's Bryant's job and TL will

Jan 18, 2018, 4:27 PM

Who said it's Bryant's job??? This is just what I'm talking about!! Here we go, already!!

Re: It seems to be the week of heated debate.....just had a

Jan 18, 2018, 4:14 PM

wrong! KB and ZC will be 3rd and 4th string after springball. TL,HJ or CB will start!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 4:19 PM

This is not something for fans to debate. Dabo makes millions to make these kind of decisions and I truly expect him to make the right one. I, for one, will support the QB 100% in every game.

There is NO way any fan knows who is going to perform the best on opening day. At this point, the coaches don’t know. So let this horse live!

Jan 18, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: It seems to be the week of heated debate.....just had a ]

We have the D to win and think if a different QB will make a difference then Dabo and staff will agree and start the best man for the job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: It seems to be the week of heated debate.....just had a ]

It's funny how some fans don't preface things with 'I believe' or 'I think that.' Instead that make declarative statements of 'wrong' or 'NO' and things of that nature when, truthfully, you have no clue. For all you know TL could get injured in practice and set him back a bit.

I'm of the school of thought that we should just sit back and enjoy the ride. Why stress about this 'problem.' Many schools would kill to be in this situation.

Jan 18, 2018, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: It seems to be the week of heated debate.....just had a ]

Man, I dearly hope you are right.

Jan 18, 2018, 4:20 PM

I am wondering what is Dabo's history? Without giving the debunked Stoudt case give me the other cases you are talking about.

Jan 18, 2018, 4:25 PM

I say that sadly you are probably right. This kind of misguided "loyalty" has plagued Clemson in the past, and apparently will continue to do so. As a QB, Kelly Bryant is not even in the same class as Trevor Lawrence. To not play Trevor will be a betrayal of the team, the fan base,and the university. And it's unfair to KB. He will never play a minute at QB in the NF. That's a joke. Why not put him at a position that would at least give him a shot at the NFL? But, it will probably not happen.

Jan 18, 2018, 4:36 PM

Are you really that delusional? At this point, TL can't carry KB's brief case. Clemson runs a complicated offense and there's no way this talented young man could possibly be proficient directing it against college level defenses. Does TL possess greater "natural abilities" than KB? It appear so. But that's just one piece of the puzzle. It's going to take time to get TL up to speed. Is it possible that happens before the 1st game? Absolutely it is. Is it likely? No! So why stir the pot and create a crisis. Why not just wait and see. In addition to TL, who is the top rated QB out of high school, Clemson University boasts the best coach in college football. I, for one, have complete confidence in Dabo to select the best starters and lead this team back to the playoffs for the 4th consecutive year. That's incredible! So give the man some respect. He's earned it. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 5:07 PM

I think what we will see this year will look a lot like what we saw DW's freshman year. KB will start but TL will play X amount of series each game and will eventually overtake KB as the starter. Think will will see KB inserted on third and short and when we are inside the opponents 5 throughout the year.

If CDS plays his favorite @ quarterback*

Jan 18, 2018, 6:15 PM

on the advice of Kathleen --- I think he moves Will Swinney to starting quaterback and moves Treavor Lawrence to holder -- maybe Kelly can play tight end or safety ?? _________ if coach wants to keep peace in the family , this would be his best option ??

PLEASE check the pulse before wasting your time responding

Jan 18, 2018, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: It seems to be the week of heated debate.....just had a ]

to a coot!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 6:13 PM

DW earned the job as a Freshmen, over a fifth year Senior, there’s your precedent. It can be done, it’s been done before. I’m not the least bit worried about it. Whoever is our starting QB next year is gonna be crazy good and I think we’ll have multiple backup QB’s that are also crazy good. 99% of the college football world dreams of having the kind of problems we have.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,966
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic