Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: PAW drill highlights first part of Monday's practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: PAW drill highlights first part of Monday's practice

Aug 8, 2016, 11:13 AM

PAW drill highlights first part of Monday's practice

Frank Sinatra blared from the speakers in the indoor practice facility Monday morning, but it was anything but easy listening when the PAW drill started. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

De-recruiting....

Aug 8, 2016, 11:19 AM

We want you to come to our school, but we expect you to act like you want to work when you get here. No free rides into the 2-deep.

Exactly!*****

Aug 8, 2016, 11:32 AM

I love BV. He understands what it takes to win these games

Aug 8, 2016, 12:40 PM

when your tired and beat down, and still getting all these team's best shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

It seems like the aditude is right, the talent is cranking

Aug 8, 2016, 1:55 PM

Up to a whole 'nother level, the intensity is better than ever.

This sounds like a championship team practicing for becoming apart of the NFL this year.

Dabo has picked up so much wisdom from those before him. He reminds me of Gene Stallings in his belief of competitive fire can burn in control of a team that fully loves each other and buys in to all being better by wanting to beat each other out with the understanding the hardest part is practicing and earning playing time is a fun reward together. We are about to reload the NFL with champions.

Our RB talent is the best ever overall, our WR depth is the best ever, our OL and DL are the best ever, our DE are going to be really good and our LB's are growing into the scariest group we have ever had. I believe our secondary may be the best it's been by the seasons end.

I love the fact we are working on Special teams with Brent chewing nails, butts or anything in his way. I can't wait to see the improvement.

This team is becoming the best team in the nation before our eyes. It's amazing the jealousy that comes when people realize the dynasty is built and here to stay.

Go Tigers become the best and win the National Championship in dominating style!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: It seems like the aditude is right, the talent is cranking

Aug 8, 2016, 4:04 PM

Hey I like your enthusiasm but you start to border on the little bit delusional at times:

RB best ever? The potential is there but GALLMAN is the only whole who has consistently come through for us thus far. Let's see what happens

OL best ever? They're better than they have been in years, but some of Ford's OL squads were nasty. Not sure if our OL is at that kind of level yet.

DL best ever? Again the potential is there but let's see how they play. We lost some key guys.

LB - scariest we have ever had? No way - the group led by Levon Kirkland in the early 90's had guys like Wayne Simmmons, Ed MCdaniel, John Johnson - they were voted #1 LB squad in the nation. I love Ben B, but let's get real here. Our current group is NOT the scariest group in the nation thus far

Secondary - what? I love that Tank is back but these guys have a LOT to prove. Wait and see before you start throwing around terms like "may be the best it's been by the seasons end"

Lots of ball to be played yet! Don't go nuts with the hyberbole before the first snap

Aug 8, 2016, 6:31 PM

I'm gonna tell Big Ben what you said... Better HIDE, my friend!!

Aug 8, 2016, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: It seems like the aditude is right, the talent is cranking ]

It's my opinion and our results this season will back it up. Loved Danny's teams but we are so much bigger and talented now on DL and OL. Our OL is best ever and our front four are very special. DE is still to be seen but Dabo and Brent seemed pleased after 14-1 last year, the best record in the modern era. We lost to #2 and had the overall better play than Alabama who lost to Ole Miss.

Wayne Gallman is about to break some records. It's hard to argue. Tavien is our highest rated RB ever. Don't get me wrong, CJ will be my favorite Tiger forever and always.

Our LB unit is well on its way to being the best ever even for us. We are recruiting ready made beasts. I know being on our way to the best is hard to see but after you see our latest recruits mature even you will agree.

I believe our potential is to be very good in the secondary by the end of the season!

I stand by my opinion but understand your reservation.

Here's to the best season!! Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 8, 2016, 11:16 PM

I like the attitude and enthusiasm, too. I agree that this team has the potential to bring home another NC. Couldn't be happier.
Understand this....I watched and cheered for quite few Tiger teams over the years. It is difficult to compare players from 20-30 years ago, because the game has changed so much. We played 15 games last year. I can remember when 9 or 10 made a whole season, with a bowl game. Do not disparage Terry Allen, Kinard, Levon, The Judge, Donnell Woolford, the Perry brothers, or any number of others with comparisons. I guess the fact that we have to talk about them and compare them to current players shows their legendary status. I certainly hope that we can look back on these new guys with the same pride and admiration some day. Compare them if you will, but don't belittle what those guys did before most of the new guys have even taken the field and accomplished anything.

Aug 8, 2016, 11:19 PM

Oh.....one other thing.
The new guys need to bring home the brass ring before we can even begin to compare

Aug 8, 2016, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: It seems like the aditude is right, the talent is cranking ]

Oh.....one other thing.
The new guys need to bring home the brass ring before we can even begin to compare

Aug 9, 2016, 12:31 AM

I think to compare teams and players of today and past years to now is unfair no matter how you slice it. All of out athletes today are bigger, faster stronger than the 81 team, the 95 Nebraska CornHuskers, or the 91 Crimson Tide. But if you are comparing say the LB Corps of Levon, Wayne etc, dang it was NASTY, and yet our current line would probably drive them all back 7 yards every snap. Apples and Oranges. Who we had then were great for that era, I hope we are as good or better for this one. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2016, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: It seems like the aditude is right, the talent is cranking ]

No offense intended XMAN - but if someone could post a chart showing the sizes & weights of the OL back in the 1980's when Ford was HC, then I think you might believe how great our OL is today. This is a guess, but I'm guessing our OL today is 30-40 lbs heavier, stronger, bigger per man than in the 80's. Again, if someone has a chart comparing them, then it would clear this up quickly. One of us is wrong.

Video speaks a thousand words... ;~)***

Aug 8, 2016, 2:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Video speaks a thousand words... ;~)***

Aug 8, 2016, 2:50 PM

yep, video would be nice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights first part of Monday's practice

Aug 8, 2016, 2:11 PM

It's clear we have had the talent for several years, but much of special teams comes down to attitude and discipline. Balls out, max intensity, and fearlessness. There is no coach in America I have more faith in to instill that than Coach BV.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights first part of Monday's practice

Aug 8, 2016, 8:53 PM

Are there any videos anywhere of the paw drills like in previous years?

to quote Texas coach Darrel Royal from a few years back...

Aug 9, 2016, 6:42 AM

"Having potential means you ain't done it yet."
I do agree that it's hard not to become really excited with this group.
BTW, anyone seen the movie on Netflix about Coach Royal and one of his players? Name of movie is My All-American.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic